Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Help nissan sentra 2002 automatic trans problem?

ivanfig39ivanfig39 Posts: 5
edited April 2017 in Nissan
Hello, i buy a used nissan sentra 2002 1.8L it seems that the car was in a garage doing nothing for a pair ir years then fixed and conditioned for sale , the car runs fine and aceleration is perfect, but sometimes when driving slow or at normal speed around 30mph to 40 when the transmition shift 2nd to 3rd for a second hesitate like the car confuse the shift , the car dont do this all the time and sometimes when idle in park engine stalls ..any help be apreciated

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    It's hard to know if your car actually has a fuel delivery problem rather than a tranmission problem. If the car doesn't accelerate smoothly, then it might feel like a shifting issue. I would get a code reader and scan the car for trouble codes, to see if anything turns up that could point to a reason for the stalling problem.

Stalling has many many causes, from a tune-up being needed, to a vacuum leak, or EGR problems or throttle body issues.
  • I know is the transmition because when i push the pedal to the floor runs fine and shift perfectly like a rece car...but when i drive normaly when the car need to shift 2nd to 3rd gear its like go blank like neutral or try to change to 1rst just for a sec then take the 3rd the thing is that the car dont do that when driving fast or aceleraron continiously or up a hill
  • ivanfig39ivanfig39 Posts: 5
    edited April 2017
    New problem !! Now jerks when driving normaly when shift 1rst to 2nd gear and make a sound like a chirp but still dont do nothing when i acelerate fast
  • I take it to have a check engine scan and appear to have a code PO 0340 " camshaft position sensor" i replace it and now dosent stall anymore
  • Now i check and fue car have all mounts bad.. Could it be that??