Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

01 Camry turns over no start

chunkylover23chunkylover23 Posts: 2
edited April 2017 in Toyota
Hi I own a 2001 Toyota Camry ce 2.2 4cyl i accidently put the battery backwards and now my car turns over but won't start . I changed the car battery alternator fuse 100 , crank position sensor and both ignition coils with no luck . I also took apart the ecm computer and it dose not smell nor looks burned . I tested the spark plugs and ingnition coils with no spark . What's the problem ? Where can I look for no spark in the ignition ? I'm all out of options and need pro help. Thanks

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    You should try to pull some codes and see if anything turns up. Then if I were you, I'd test the coil for a voltage input (12V).

If that's okay and there's no spark from the coil, then you have to work back to crank and cam sensors--I'm not sure on your car which one of those sensors controls spark.
  • Thanks @mr_shiftright yes I used the code obd11  reader and shows no codes witch I find wired .  Yes my car has a ( Crank position sensor switch) That i changed and still turns over .  So I already changed the crank position sensor , both ignition coils and ignition fuse. Someone suggested that I should change the ( neutral safety switch )  which  allows you to start your engine when the automatic transmission is in either Park or Neutral . Can have your take on this option ? Thank you in advance 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    If it cranks then it's not the neutral safety switch, so stop taking advice from THAT person-- :p . Without a wiring diagram, it's tough to diagnose this kind of problem. Worst case, a bad PCM, but that's rare--however if you have a disappearing ground in the ignition system, that's a possibility. Again, I don't know if your CKP or your Cam sensor controls the spark on your car.