Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

GMC Yukon Lease Questions

Comments

• jim53jim53 Posts: 116
    I assume they just add all of the up front costs (bank charge, sec deposit, tags, first payment) into the cap cost and calculate the lease from there (i.e. you would be financing those as well). That quote you got seems high to me on the surface. I am going to be leasing one with a 58K sticker for right around $800 including the 9% tax in PA. I think the zero down quote was closer to arond $860 per month including tax. Granted that is using a supplier discount but the quotes I got w/o the discount were maybe only 30-40 more. What price for the car are they using to calculate that lease?
  • what is LAM dealer and LAM group contribution. Does the dealer get this back. It adds almost $950 to the price?????
  • new 2007 yukon denali AWD with nav, ent. pkg, rear view camera, heated wheel, sunroof for 49,900 before the 1750 rebate. MSRP 53510
  • Hi carman,
    wondering what the lease rates and residuals are for the denali and the denali xl for Feb for 27 and 36 months and 10K miles.
    thanks!
  • Hi kgraves. $11,000 is an amazing discount on a brand new GMC Yukon Denali. How many miles does it have on it? I definitely don't think that you are going to be able to get a Yukon Denali for less than this. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck for you and see what it's like. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali with an MSRP of $55,000 and a selling price of $44,000 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would only be around $469. If this truck has a number of miles on it, GMAC may require that some sort of adjustment is made during the payment calculation.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings groupwhere. $924 a month :surprise: . That's a lot of money! Sign and drive basically means that any of the charges that you normally would have to pay at lease signing, like your vehicle's acquisition fee, first month's payment, security deposit, and any taxes are all rolled into its selling price so that you don't have to pay any money at lease signing. All you have to do is "sign" the lease contract and "drive" away in your new vehicle. I would be happy to give you a detailed analysis of this deal if you let me know what this truck's selling price is. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi drjmak1. While I don't know for certain, I suspect that LAM stands for "Local Area Marketing." If so, these fees are basically advertising fees that the dealer you are working with has to pay. Rather than letting the dealer cloud things by adding all sorts of fees to your deal, focus on the big picture. Get an out-the-door price for the Yukon that you are interested in that includes all of the fees. Then comparison shop that price with a few other dealers and go with the one that offers you the best total deal, provided that they use GMAC's base lease rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello drjmak1. A base 2007 GMC Yukon Denali has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,750 customer cash that is currently available on this truck is not compatible with its lease program, but in February GM is providing $500 bonus cash on it that is. You were quoted a $3,610 discount on the truck that you are interested in. This looks like a pretty good price to me, if you are able to have the $500 bonus cash subtracted from it. Make sure to stop by the following discussion for additional feedback on how much you should pay for this truck: "GMC Yukon /Yukon Denali: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, monkeyshift. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL with 10,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 7.2% and 65%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $500 bonus cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks Car Man :) also-- I'm eligible for the supplier discount, which on a 54,455 truck is 50,114, can I add that 500 bonus cash on top of that discount?
  • Thank you carman for your reply. I don't think I can go wrong on this one. There is approx. 2,000 miles on it. The dealers wife is sporting around in it right now. thanks again!
  • Hello Car Man!! I am looking to see if the residuals for a 2007 Yukon are still 63% for a 12,000 mi/yr lease (36-39 months) and what is the current interest rate (MF)? Also, just to let some other forum readers know......contact the internet dept at your local (or out of area) dealer for the absolute BEST price quote. Right now, I was quoted $500 UNDER invoice + any rebates ($2250 right now)!! So, this can save you almost $3,000 UNDER invoice!! (BUY ONLY, not on a lease) THANKS!!!
  • CAR MAN: Local dealer (friend) is quoting me $646/month on a 48 month, $4K down lease for a pretty loaded Yukon SLT, MSRP =$48915, my price = $44999. The Virginia personal property taxes are "rolled in" to the lease because GMAC pays these upfront at a "subvented" rate -- the dealer says this accounts for approximately $80/month on the lease. The applicable personal property tax rate is %3.79%, but according to the dealer, because GM pays in bulk, they get a discount.

My questions are:

1. Does this sound like a reasonable deal overall?
    2. Does what the dealer is telling me about the personal property taxes ring true? I am concerned that I am financing personal property taxes, which I obviously do not want to do.

Thanks!
  • jimavjimav Posts: 1
    Hi, I received a quote for an 07 Denali with:
    nav/rear ent/20" rims

5k down 36month 12k miles for 631 a month.

A friend bought a cheaper Ford Expedition with a residual of 48% compared to 63% on the Yukon. I did not get the money factor for the Yukon quote. Does anyone know the current/average interest rates from gmc now?
    (btw, this quote is from the Philly area)

Thanks
  • raimuraimu Posts: 4
    After checking out the new X5 (ouch on the lease) and deciding not to wait to see the 08 Cayenne in April, I settled on Denali but need help pricing a lease. My question is what would be a 'best case' scenario to aim for? Also, where can I find GMID, or are there better approaches? Probably will end up with a factory ordered unit, as I would like to specify color (black-black) and options (all) (not XL).
    Fully loaded invoice is $51,518, - $2,250 manuf incentives (the extra $500 went off after 2/20). I was going to aim for $750 under invoice + any manuf rebates, but I am clueless as to what to look for on the leasing side. (residual, rate, taxes (I live in So NJ), term..) Suggestion appreciated, also whether I am aiming for a realistic purchase number. Thanks.
  • jim53jim53 Posts: 116
    I just leased one (loaded Denali XL) in January and the residual was 62% and mf 7.2% for 39 months at 12K mile per month. Also, the incentives at that time could not be used for a lease - only a straight sale. I assume this is still the case but don't know for sure.
  • drjmakdrjmak Posts: 19
    the best i could do is $300 over invoice before i include the rebate of $1750. So all in all its 1450 below invoice if u buy. this was on a denali(not xl) with ent. pkg, nav. system, rear camera, heated steering wheel.. did not get 20 inch wheels or automatic runing boards the price is 49,900 before the $1750 rebate.....This is in northern nj. The lease with 1500 down (included in that is first month , reg fees and bank fee) is 748 a month 39 months 12k ayr
  • raimuraimu Posts: 4
    Thank you both, that's very helpful. Does anyone have any idea if new lease rates will be available in March? Is GMC selling as many of these as they need or will they want to spur sales?
  • drjmakdrjmak Posts: 19
    new lease rates and incentives on march 1.
  • You're welcome, monkeyshift. It's great that you are able to purchase your vehicle through GM's Supplier Purchase Program. It will enable you to get a good price without having to haggle. In answer to your question, you will be able to take advantage of the $500 bonus cash that is available on this truck in February.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're very welcome, kgraves.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello vegasrph. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 63%, respectively. Great job on negotiating an attractive selling price on the truck that you want. $500 under invoice before the deduction of any incentives is a good price. Unfortunately, the $1,750 customer cash that is available on this truck is not compatible with GMAC's lease program. GM is providing $500 bonus cash on this truck in February plus another $500 in select areas that is compatible with the lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi tadmaddad. Let me begin by saying that $4,000 is too large a down payment to make on a lease. I always tell consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Those who do risk losing the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. The selling price looks good to me. Just make sure to have the dealer that you are working with use GMAC's base lease rate of 7.2% to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with exactly how the personal property that your state charges works on leased vehicles, so I can't give you any advice on that aspect of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi jimav. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I always tell consumers not to make any sort of down payment when leasing. If you were to make a $5,000 down payment on your Yukon Denali lease and it was totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered it is very likely that you would lose all of that money. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

Here's the information on this truck's current lease program that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 63%, respectively. In February, General Motors is providing a total of $1,000 bonus cash on this truck in your area. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Reading your answers have already been helpful...thanks!
    Here's my situation.I looked today at a 2007 Denali, $47670 Base, 20" wheels, $1995, Rear seat DVD 1295, Sunroof, $995, and Dest. $900. Total $52,585. I want a 36 mo, 20k miles lease. What should I be paying? I'm in So. Cal.
    And, what after market things should I get or stay away from? Thanks so much!
  • Hi carman,
    wondering what the lease rates and residuals are for the denali and the denali xl for March for 27 and 39 months with 10K miles. Also, is there any bonus cash or incentives that will work towards lowering the cap cost on a lease?
    thanks!
  • I am new on this board and have read some helpful things. THANK YOU ALL. I was giving what i though to be a very fair price on the truck form a local dealer in brooklyn ny but as faith would have it the dealer closed and i never got my truck. This was the first week of feb and I said ill wait till march maybe ill get a better price. Does anyone know if there is any cash back for leases. And what a fair price for a fully loaded soup to nuts 2007 denali. I was quoted 679 a month for 39 months with 4200 down 10k a year but like i said dealer is out now :( I am a 22 yr old from brooklyn ny so i need all the help i can get dealers dont take me serious THANK YOU
  • aron2aron2 Posts: 4
    i just found this forums so go easy on me. on 2/15/07 i got a Yukon with the slt package. the cost is $46312.53. i got it in NY for $625 a month and $1394.00 out off pocket. that is with everything plus being able to give it back with $5000 worth of damage 39 months and 10,000 miles. was this a good deal
  • moose08moose08 Posts: 4
    Carman, I hate to bombard you with redundant questions, but it seems the previous deals with the Yukon expired on February 28th. I was hoping you could answer two questions for me
    1) Is the lease rate and residual on a 12k 36 mo lease still 7.2% and 63%?
    2) Is the $1750 that GM is offering as cash back applicable to a lease through GMAC?
  • moose08moose08 Posts: 4
    I was just given a quote on a loaded Yukon Denali (DVD Nav, rearview camera, rear ent, heated steering wheel, 20" wheels).
    MSRP: $55505
    Sale Price: $51109
    Term: 39mo.
    Residual: 62%
    Lease Rate: 7.2%

The $1750 cash allowance currently being offered is for a purchase only.

Seems that 7.2% is the base lease rate, so I'm assuming this is a go ahead deal. My GM card incentives bring the price down another $2250 to a final cap cost of $48859 (GM usually caps card redemption on the Denali at $1500, but I had a special incentive allowing it to exceed the typical redemption limit). My final lease price is in the $670 range with nothing down (pa has a 3% lease tax ON TOP of the 6% sales tax, bringing the total tax rate to 9%). Please post if you think this is a bad deal.
This discussion has been closed.