Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Infiniti G35 Coupe or Sedan. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• joker382joker382 Member Posts: 6
    Here we go again carman! You helped me out really good with my accord and I got a great deal, now my girlfriend needs some help. The lease calculator isn't helping too much, but here are the numbers: MSRP 34,440 For 2005 G35X AWD 4DR. Residual Value 20,073, dealer says he is giving it for 2000 under invoice. This would be a lease for 36 months for 15,000K a year with 2532 due at signing which includes 400 cash downpayment, sales tax, tire disposal fee, advanced payment(first month) and bank fee. The monthly payment would be 389. However the only piece of info I do not have is the money factor. Let me know if you think this is good because I need to make a decision by 6PM NY time on wen. sept 1st. Thank you so much again!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome back joker382. $2,000 under dealer invoice is an outstanding price for a 2005 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan. If you were to lease this car through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00094 and 57%, respectively. I would be happy to use these numbers to calculate a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know exactly what price $2,000 under invoice is for the model as you want it equipped.

Car_man
    Host
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Hi Car_man,

Will you please post the September MF and residual for a G35 6MT sedan with 15,000 miles/year?

Thanks.
    Here you go cagorm. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 RWD Sedan through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00106 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • danv99danv99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking to lease a 2005 G35 coupe within the next 2 weeks. I'm in northern NJ, if that makes a difference. Here are the #s.
    2005 G35 Coupe
    MSRP $36250
    $1541 down w/ 1st payment/MV fees/registration/bank fees
    $810 tax upfront
    36 m lease 12k Mpy.

They quoted me $475 a month. I'm already leasing a car through NMAC so I should have no problem with getting top loan approval

Any advice would be appreciated!
  • glk1glk1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi:

I'm considering trading in my QX4 (2002) for 2005 g35x lease. The local dealer has g35x w/o premium package but with some dealer add ons with a sticker price of 34610. He then has a "discount" to 32945. MSRP is 32800 w/o add-ons. Invoice is 30, 167. As of yesterday, there are 5 or 6 of these on the lot. (Also has a couple with premium pack).

Lease deal being offered has bid downpayment $4700, 10K miles (which is fine for me); 3 years, residual 59% . Rules in monthly payment of $330.

I have a few questions, and would appreciate thoughts on any of them. (I haven't leased before) This would be my 3d infiniti.

1. Does leasing affect the price received by the dealer? If not, shouldn't I be able to get close to invoice on the sales price? (Is is common to ignore the add ons, which I wouldn't have requested?)

2. I think there may be some funny business with the lease offer. I would have expected a residual with at least a 12 K lease. Apparently the actual residual experience of the G35s is about 61%. By reducing the lease to 10K, is the dealer just trying take an excess profit on the back end? (Note: 10K is fine for me, but should it result in a higher residual than a 12K?)

3. Alternatively, the dealer may be playing games with the interest rate on the lease. He indicated that the apr for the lease was $2.5% (which translate to a money factor of
    .00105). Is it possible to disguise a higher interest rate by deflating the residual?

4. What is the likelihood of getting the blue book value on my trade in. The infinity dealer has already offered 17K. (Sales agent said that they took of 1k because is needs a bit of reconditioning. I think this is BS. The reason bluebook is less than private sale estimates is to account for reconditioning costs.) I have an offer of 18K from a Nissan dealer. Blue book is 18.5 K. (My QX4 has less than 30K miles. Comparable dealer pricing seems between 24 and 26K, so even at blue book he has plenty of room).

Thanks for any thoughts. I has cross posted this on the pricing thread, because it seems more active

Best,

glk
    Hi danv99. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi glk. I believe that I already responded to your identical post over in the old general lease questions discussion. Please check there for my response. Let me know if you can't find it and I will be happy to tackle these questions for you again.

Car_man
    Host
  • bipperbipper Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Looking for lease figs on the 05 G35 Coupe I just purchased.

Purchase Price: $33,980 MSRP= $37,800. Just looking for money factor and residual value percentage I suppose - I can make the rest of the calcs myself. If it makes any difference (on the MF or Residual Val.)we are looking at a 36 or 42 month lease.

Tks in advance.
  • jrauhjrauh Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

I've always bought cars in the past but am considering a lease for a 2005 G35X AWD with the premium package. The lease number I was quoted came out to a monthly payment of $506.92/month for 36 months. This was arrived at using an MSRP of $37,350, Capitalized Cost of 34,918, Residual of 53% (19,789.50), Total Depreciation of 15,128,50, Cash due on delivery of 1,236.92 which includes doc fee/bank fee/first payment/license fee. I believe the factor used was 1.06%. I should also add that this was for a 20K/year lease. Is this a good deal? Also, what would my lease payment be for a 15K/year lease as I somewhat fall in-between.

I'm kind of new to the leasing game but want to make sure I'm not getting taken.

Thanks,
    JR
  • bipperbipper Member Posts: 2
    Following up on my post from earlier today.

Purchased a 2005 G35 Coupe (Premium, Sport Susp. AT, for what it's worth) Price: $33,980, MSRP: $37,480.

I've been quoted the following: .00250 and 58% [36 months] and .00250 54% [42 months] $550.00 IFS charge on both.

Based on what I've seen on the forum recently the MF seems high, residual value on the 42/mo also seems low. Any advice or insight on these figs?credit/income/previous auto loan history all are perfect.

Thanks again in advance.
  • datsun75datsun75 Member Posts: 1
    i went to the local infiniti dealer in sarasota, fl to discuss a lease on a 2005 G35 coupe. i had seen discussion of money factor rates of .00106 and residual percentage of 57%. on a 36 month lease the local dealer quote me a rate of .00199 and a residual of 58%.

are the rates different by sections of the country?

thanks for the help.

datsun75
    Hi bipper. Did you say that you have already purchased this car? I guess that you have not taken deliver of it yet, otherwise you would not be able to lease it. Let's take a look at its current lease program. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00199 and 57%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00209 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi JR. Let's calculate a 15,000 miles per year lease on the car that you are interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan AWD with an MSRP of $37,350 and a capitalized cost of $34,918 of through Infiniti Financial Services for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your pre-tax monthly payment should be around $432.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey bipper. As you will be able to tell by reading my previous post, the money factors that you were quoted to lease this car are a little too high. If you are paying a security deposit and IFS' acquisition fee the dealer that you are working with is probably marking-up IFS' buy rate money factor to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello datsun75. Infiniti Financial Services currently only has one national lease program, so its money factors should be the same regardless of what state you lease in. The lease money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money for a 36 month, 12,000 miles per year lease of a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe right now. The dealer that you are working with is being straightforward with you.

Car_man
    Host
  • nimajavanimajava Member Posts: 8
    Carman-

Your expertise is greatly needed sir!

2005 g35 coupe
    black
    auto
    premium package
    navi

Terms:

msrp: 38,700
    he said he was not making any money on the car so I am assuming he is selling it for invoice
    1000 total drive off
    42 mo lease
    15 k per year
    513.70 per month including tax

do you think I can get him down to $499. Are their incentives that usually come up at the end of the year, (have there been better deals?) or are the money factors and residual as good as they get for infiniti.

I noticed on a post above that an infiniti g35awd sedan was pretax $432, but it had a similar msrp? why is the coupe so much more?

any help is greatly appreciated
    Thanks
  • oid21oid21 Member Posts: 12
    Car_man,

Hi, what are the current figures on the g35 coupe for Oct? 36mo, 12K, etc.
  • vmoorevmoore Member Posts: 7
    Carman!
    You helped me lease a 2003 BMW 530i back in '02 and were a big help! That lease is up and now I'm back to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35x sedan in the next week (although the car won't be here for a while it seems). Would you please share the residual value and MF for this car for a 36-month/15k miles lease? Thanks :)
    Car_man,

Will you also please post the October numbers for a 2005 G35x?

Thanks.
    Please also post the Oct numbers for a 6MT sedan. Thanks.
    Hi nimajava. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

It is difficult to say what this car's lease program will be like next month or in December, but given the fact that we are at the end of the model year and that vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the year progresses, if I had to make an educated guess I would say that Infiniti's lease program on the '05 G35 is not going to get any better than it is right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings oid21. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00199 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back vmoore. Unfortunately, Infiniti is not currently providing much in the way of lease support on the 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan. If you were to lease one through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cagorm. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00113 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2WD model should be .00093 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • heatersheaters Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a 2006 G35X. The MSRP is 39,210. The negotiated price is: 36,142.06. I saw the residuals that you listed a few posts ago. I was going to lease, but considering the rates that you posted, maybe buying is the way to go. If I go with 10K or 12K per year, does that change the residual or money factor?
    I'm pretty sure that I only need 10K.
    Thanks for all your help.
  • millersmailmillersmail Member Posts: 3
    MSRP: $32,900
    Down: $4,000
    Term: 40 mos.
    Monthly payment: $365
    Miles per year: 20,000

Thanks,
    Rhonda
  • dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    Similar question on the 2005 G35X lease. Msrp is 37,100, selling price is 33,942, using a money factor of .0013 and a residual of 57%, $3,500 down and 36 months at 15,000 miles per year, I'm coming up with $376 a month.

Question is if I drop the mileage down to 10,000 per year or maybe 12,000 per year at the most, how much would the residual and money factor change if at all?

The car will be for my wife who drove only 5,200 miles last year and even if she drive twice as much next year, 15k is way too many miles.

Thanks for your time!
  • rex32rex32 Member Posts: 4
    Hey,
    Just wondering if you have any idea what the residual is likely to be on the 06 coupes with a 36 month lease. Similiar to the 05s? That was about 58%, atleast thats what I think it was on here... I've read so many posts in the last hour lol. Also will the money factor remain at .00199?

Thanks a lot, I am trying to figure out if I can make this work and have enough free cash to set aside for the new car in 3 years :)

Thanks,
    Mike
  • liquid18tliquid18t Member Posts: 1
    06 Coupe -
    24 36 39 42 48 60
    71 60 59 57 49 40
    .00250 .00250 .00250 .00250 .00250 .00260
  • nimajavanimajava Member Posts: 8
    The negotiated price was something like 33,900 give or take a few bucks. Does that help?
    Hi heaters. As you can see, Infiniti is not really providing any sort of lease support on the 2006 G35 yet. Infiniti Financial Services' money factor for this car is currently .00250, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 6%. You should be able to beat this rate with a conventional loan. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally probably would not lease it. IFS' money factors are the same, regardless of what your vehicle's mileage allowance is, but for a 36 month lease its 12,000 miles per year residual values are 1% higher than its 15,000 miles per resids and its 10,000 miles per residuals are 2% higher than the 15K.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Rhonda. Let me being by saying that $4,000 is way too much money to put down. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your G35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $4,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dklanecky. The money factor for your lease will not change at all if you lower your car's mileage allowance from 15,000 miles per year to 10,000, but the residual value for a 36 month lease would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Mike. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, the selling price does help, nimajava. Thanks for the additional information. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe with an MSRP of $38,700 and a selling price of $33,900 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $425.

Car_man
    Host
  • rex32rex32 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Thanks for the help Car_man. How much off of a fully loaded coupe can I expect (2006)? Thanks,
    Mike
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    The price you are able to negotiate can vary a lot, depending on your skills and what the demand is in the area you're shopping. To get a better idea of what other shoppers are paying in your area, you can visit our Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience and have a look at some of the previous posts. I hope this will help you determine a good purchase price for the G35.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mead1mead1 Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to share the lease I signed today--I think now is a good time to be leasing the 2005 G35 as they're desperate to make room for the 2006s.

2005 G35 Sedan
    Premium Package B
    Sport Package
    Navigation Package
    XM Radio
    Trunk Mat
    MSRP $38,190

36-month lease, 10k miles/year
    $1260 down (including 1st month, tax, tag, title, bank fees)
    $408/month (plus tax)

Dealer amortized $1260 down payment to arrive at "sign and drive" payment (35 installments) of $441/month (plus tax)
  • kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    Hi
    Ive been having a hard time finding an x with navi, but found this one in CT,
    .00113 mf
    58% residual
    problem is he is at 37428 sale price, (msrp 40920) which according to edmunds is about 400 over invoice. Dealer wouldnt move since he says this is one of few in the east coast with navi. (in 05)

Doc fee is also at 299, which everyone seems to think is pretty outrageous, but im finding the same fee from alot of dealers.

When u factor in tax 8.7 or so, monthly payments is 495, with 1545 upfront for fees/etc.
    Im only hesitant since i saw a deal for 422 for this car with 2350 upfront back in sept from another dealer.
    Please advise.
    TIA
  • thunt203thunt203 Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

I am leasing a G35 AWD, I am going to put a ton of miles on the care 25-30k a year and was wondering if you could tell me what the residual would be after 24 months. Currently my lease is set for 36 months with a residual of 57%, reason I am interested in 24 months is that I will be out of warranty for most of the 3rd year.

Additionally, does anyone have experience with Infiniti's extended warranty, I generally do not sign up for these things but if I am going to be over with leased car not sure what I should do.

Thanks.
  • lock_n_loadlock_n_load Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man

I'm looking to lease a 06 G35 Coupe 6MT in the next couple of days. MSRP is $37,780 and it includes Premium Package, Aero Package, and Carpet Trunk Mat. I was going to lease it for 42 months with 15k per year. The dealer told me $0 down, but the tax/title and first month payment would be $3,810.47 with monthly payments of $585.42. That seems a little bit high in a way. I went to Infiniti's web site and I put everything in: MSRP $37,780, Term 42 months, Mileage 15k, $0 down payment, and it gave me $549.55. I would owe $1,649.55 due at lease excluding tax/title.

I was wondering if you could tell me what would be the best monthly payment that I could get and what the residual value would be. I'm also thinking about putting down $3,000 as my down payment. Could you also tell me what my monthly payment would be and the residual value on that as well.

Thanks,

Christopher
  • jody6jody6 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man, do you know the m/f and residual numbers this month for 2005 G35x? Specifically 36 and 39 months. Thanks!
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    Personally, I think if you can get him to knock out the doc fee which is outrageous, that is a pretty good price assuming what you say is true about the X with Navi being hard to find. From what I can tell, the X does not (yet?) have the dealer $500 incentive the regular G35 Sedan has.

Having said that, the local Infiniti dealer offered me an X with Premium but no Nav for my fiance at invoice price O-T-D, but he also can count on my service revenue since I've has my FX35 and now M45 maintained there being about 2 miles from my house.
  • dlubindlubin Member Posts: 66
    thunt203,

I'm in the same boat as you - looking at a 24 month lease @ 30k miles a year. What are you finding the upfront 'buy price' for additional miles to be? I know it's .15 at turn-in. Personally I'm planning to eat any repairs, supposedly the G35 has a great rep for low repair costs.
  • lefty4lefty4 Member Posts: 6
    I'm also looking for the money factor and residual on a 24 or 36 month for a 2006 G35X lease if I drive approximately 25k miles per year. If I put that many miles on the car, I am better off buying it. However, I don't intend to keep in over 3 years regardless of buying or leasing.
  • kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    Here we go, 39 months, 12k/yr.
    Residual 59% MF .00216

06 g35x diamond graphite with navi/premium c msrp 39,050
    invoice - 35,732
    Sale price - 35,732

Its not as good as 05 money factor, but the only 05 with navi I found was in CT and they wanted 500 over invoice! That car came out being more expensive than this 06 deal. Im glad i held out, free bluetooth.

came out to 515 with taxes(8%) and fees baked in.

I pick up the car tommorow.
  • acuranaviacuranavi Member Posts: 5
    Finally did it.

05 Coupe Automatic Diamond Graphite
    Premium, performance package, navigation
    MSRP 38750.
    Sale Price 35635
    1000 drive off
    499 month plus tax
    18,000 miles per year
    39 months

Can't keep the grin off my face.
    Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys is the best.

Steve
    Thanks for taking the time to stop in and let us all know the details of your lease, mead1. It's always helpful for consumers to be able to look at real world examples of leases to get an idea of how much they should spend to lease the vehicle that they want. Enjoy your new car :D .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kki000. Why is a selling price of $400 over dealer invoice a problem? That is a very good price for a leased Infiniti G35X. I can't comment on the money factor and residual value that you were quoted without knowing how long this lease is for and its mileage allowance though.

Car_man
    Host