Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    im_spartacusim_spartacus Member Posts: 11
    I mispoke I'm buying 8k miles per year.

Help please, need to get back to the dealer.
  • Options
    gibran1984gibran1984 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys I'm going this Saturday to lease a G35. It's an '06 Coupe 6MT which includes Premium Package, Aero Package, Rear Active Steering, and Sirius. The best offer I got was $5k down with $189 per month for 12 months and 12,000 miles. Is this a good deal or can I go lower??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,955
    You shouldn't put that much down. Keep the money in the bank and use it to help make the payments.

The money factor is probably so low that it won't equate to very much interest if you just make payments on the full amount.

As far as it being a good deal, I have no idea. Money factor, residual, MSRP, and selling price are all important details.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    robertquesrobertques Member Posts: 7
    Im looking into a 12month lease, the residual rate and MF are set by IFS correct or is it by dealer?
    does anyone know what the current residual rate and MF are for a 12 month lease coupe in So Cali?
    please i need to know right away
    Thanks
  • Options
    Its set by the manufacturer or bank that backs the lease.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    jchalmjchalm Member Posts: 6
    I've just begun negotiating a 2006 G35X with Premium package C and the naviation system. So far the dealer is quoting me:

Price $37,085
    Trade in on my old car $4500
    Residual Value 56%
    Money Factor .00141 (which they said was equal to 3.38%)

I live in Chicago, so sales tax is 9% and according to the dealer, Chicago also has an additional 6% use tax on top of the lease fee.

I was quoted a monthly lease cost of $506.46 with $731.46 due at signing. This is for a 36 month lease.

Do these numbers sound right? Thanks.
  • Options
    ronnykronnyk Member Posts: 22
    The $37,085 price (assuming this is the sale price upon which the lease payment is computed) is high in my opinion. Dealer cost for this car is about $36K. You should be able to get very close (within $400) to dealer cost on this car. You may also want to check out the difference for a 39-month lease; I believe there is still a promotion on this term.

For my lease, the money factor for 39 months dropped down to .00093, which actually made the total of 39 payments less than the total for 36 payments at the higher money factor. Not only were the extra three months (more than) free, it reduced the residual which means the car costs a bit less should I decided to buy it out at the end of the term.
  • Options
    storrk1storrk1 Member Posts: 19
    I can't tell you anything about the numbers but I can tell you the dealer is right about the 6% lease tax in Chicago. I too live in Chicago. One way to get around this is to engage in a hybrid lease purchase program. I think some call it balloon financing. Not sure if Infiniti has the program but I know that MB, BMW and Audi do. I used this program on an Audi a few years ago. I think Audi's program is called Premier Purchase. Also, I think cook county tax is 8.25% or 8.5%, not 9% but I could be wrong. Good luck!
  • Options
    pakman209pakman209 Member Posts: 3
    I was having some trouble following your post.
    This is what I gather from your post...please let me know where I am mistaken.

MSRP: $34.9K
    Invoice: 32.09K
    Downpayment: $2K $1100 of which is applied as cap cost reduction
    MF: .0003
    Residual: 65%
    Sales tax: 6%
    Term: 39 months/15K miles per year

this gives a monthly payment of $257 ?
    According to my calculations it would be $304
    $288/ mo for the depreciation plus $16/mo in finance fees

$257 sounds like a great deal...and would jump all over the deal
  • Options
    ronnykronnyk Member Posts: 22
    Pakman209,

The post you refer to was not for my deal but another posters. How did you get to your $11,232 depreciation total?

Anyway, I arrived at my numbers this way:

MSRP: 34,900
    Base Cap Cost: 32,092
    Costs/Fees: 550
    Cap Cost Reduct.: 1,650
    Adj. Cap. Cost: 30,992
    Residual Value: 22,685
    Money Factor: .0003

Depreciation = $8,307
    Finance Charge = 628
    Total Payments = $8,935/ 39 = $229.10/mo.
    Tax (6%) = $13.75
    Total Monthly Payment = $242.85 (actually lower than my
    ballpark number)
  • Options
    im_spartacusim_spartacus Member Posts: 11
    In NorCal IFS has it at .00021 for 1 year, .00231 2 years. This is as of last Saturday when I got my G35MT06.
  • Options
    catmodercatmoder Member Posts: 1
    I should have discovered this forum earlier. I went into a dealer near Philadelphia today and signed an order form and put down $500 deposit on my credit card. Here are the details of the "rip-off" deal:

2006 G35 CPE 33,800
    sunroof 1,000
    splash guards 210
    trunk mat 80
    destination 650
    $2964 due @ delivery
    336.05+tax=369.65
    12 month lease 12K/year

Comparing the numbers in this forum, I realize I would be paying 1300 more than two of the posters here. Is there anything I could do at this stage, besides walking away with $500 gone? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am a first time leasee and I should have done more research before I jumped in. Anyway, you guys have been very helpful by posting your numbers. This forum is great. Thanks.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, javac. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    rostasteverostasteve Member Posts: 5
    I think we're all working with bad numbers here. A 65% residual is impossible for a 39 months on this car. G35 residuals are in the low 50s now on 39m/15k leases. The money factor is also too high, should be below .0001.

I got this deal from Ray Catena in Edison, NJ yesterday, hope it helps you...and I'd love to hear what others think on my deal.

2006 G35 6-speed, sunroof, aero package
    39 months/ 10k
    MSRP 33,450
    Selling price: 30,400
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: 0.00066
    Monthly Payment: 387/month including NY 8.375% sales tax.
    Upfront: 550 (bank) + 225 (NY dmv) + 200 (doc fee) + first month payment = ~1400

Seems like a pretty good deal to me, although I think I can still negotiate on the documentation fee. Let me know what you guys think.

Steve
  • Options
    Hi chloetan. I believe that the selling price that you were quoted for this car is right around dealer invoice. That is a good price for this car. I would be happy to tell you what Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value are for this car if you tell me how long you want to lease it for and what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hello jnpurdy. Vehicles' residual values are set by the bank you are leasing through and they are not negotiable. Individual dealers do not have the ability to alter them. Vehicles' money factors are only semi-negotiable. When I say this I mean that dealers do not have the authority to lower banks' published buy rate lease money factors, but they are often allowed to mark them up to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. This is why it is important to find out what the buy rate money factor is for the vehicle that you want before you agree to lease it. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 G35 2WD Sedan is .00087, if you qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, this money factor would increase to .00102.

Banks base acquisition fees are not negotiable, but like with money factors dealers are often allowed to mark-up acquisition fees to add hidden profit to deals. Infiniti Financial Services' base acquisition fee is currently $550. Make sure than you don't pay more than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi Gary. Unfortunately, the dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the G35 Sedan is not compatible with its special lease program. If you decide to lease this car through Infiniti Financial Services it is not eligible for the dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi casturtroy. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    No problem, takemetolv. Enjoy your TL, it's a nice car!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi stma1. $300 over dealer invoice is a good selling price for a lease of a 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with is using Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment and you're in business. Its current 24 month buy rate for this model is a very attractive .00003 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00015 higher if you want your car's deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Welcome im_spartacus. $800 over invoice isn't a terrible price for this car, but I have seen consumers get it for less this late in the model year. Shoot for $500 less than that and you are in business. As far as your car's money factor goes, Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rates for the 2006 G35 Coupe are .00006 for 12 months, .00166 for 24 months and .00234 for 36 months. These money factors will increase by .00015 if you opt to have your car's security deposit waived. Make sure that these are the factors that are being used to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi robertques Vehicles' residual values are set in stone and individual dealers do not have the ability to alter them. Vehicles' base or buy rate money factors are set by the bank that you are leasing through and dealers do not have the authority to lower them, however dealers are often allowed to "mark-up" money factors to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. This is why it is important to know what the buy rate money factor is for your vehicle before you agree to lease it. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 12 month lease of a 2006 G35 2WD Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 54%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. This car's money factor will increase by .00015 if you opt to have your security deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hello jchalm. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is too high. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 G35 AWD Sedan is only .00093 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. If you opt to have your security deposit waived, your car's money factor would increase by .00015. Make sure that this is the number that the dealer you are working with is using to calculate your vehicle's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    yfzcentralyfzcentral Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Does this seem right?

2006 G35 Sedan, 6 speed, Navigation

Selling Price: $33,000
    24 Month, 10k a year, .00003 MF, 68% Residual

Price Per Month: $445.46 + tax = $467.73
  • Options
    tjdeantjdean Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    I'm considering leasing a '07 G35 sedan for 36 months when the new models are available in Nov. Does Infiniti financial offer annual mileage allowances less than 12K/yr which I think would lessen the monthly payment?
  • Options
    razputinrazputin Member Posts: 1
    Are the IFS lease numbers(residuals and money rates) published anywhere? I have googled and not come up with a source. Also, what is considered Tier 1 credit?
  • Options
    poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    Hi Car_Man:

1. Does infiniti offer their multiple sec dep MF reduction on the G35 as well?

2. I am considering an 06 Sedan with Nav, Prem, Aero and Sport with a MSRP of $38,800. Carsdirect quotes the car for $32,976. Invoice is $35,100.

So, I figured with IFS's MF of 0.00086 (reduced to 0.00001 with 8 sec dep) and a RV of 56% for 10k/yr 36 months, I am looking at a minimum drive off, $2,500 refundable dep, and a $299 a month plus tax for a fully loaded 06.

What gives?
  • Options
    g35nycg35nyc Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man:

I am a newbie to this site and you seem like the man with all the knowledge. Please help a brother out in nYc...
    The deal is:

2006 g35 coupe Ivory/Pearl which is so hard to find in nYc
    12 month lease
    3100 down with all taxes included
    360 per month
    12K miles per year

Prem. package/Sport/Navigation/Manual transmission

Let me know your thoughts?

Many thanks!
  • Options
    ej1111ej1111 Member Posts: 48
    I wasnt able to pull the trigger in time for the sept lease numbers on these 2. Do you have the latest money factor/residuals for the 2006 coupe and g35x for 12/24 months? Are there any additional incentives available?

thanks!
    h
  • Options
    bjakeybjakey Member Posts: 2
    Hi-

I'm looking to lease a G35 6MT tomorrow.

Does anyone know the current residuals and money factor for both 24 month and 36 months (12k miles per year).?

Please help!

Thanks.
  • Options
    topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Hello Carman,

I am in California and interested in leasing an 06 coupe or sedan (2wd) with Nav for 24 month, 12k/year. I am interested to the answer to the multiple deposit question as well. I did that with 2 lexus but was not aware that Infinite offer this option.
  • Options
    Infiniti definitly does this. The guy i was dealing with on Friday called Infiniti finance as he had never heard of it and they confirmed you can do up to 9 deposits. It works just as Lexus' program does. Ive done theres in the past as well.
  • Options
    dcphxdcphx Member Posts: 1
    This is a bit of a novel, so I apologize in advance. After going around several dealerships over the past few weeks I settled on a dealership and vehicle that I wanted to lease. The G35 was set up as:
    2006 Coupe Automatic
    Premium Pkg
    Wood Trim Interior
    Trunk Mat/Splash Guards/Freight
    Window Tinting

Negotiated sale price of $34,589 plus fees (MSRP 37,390). Agreed as the sale price by myself and dealership. Next we discussed my trade a Toyota which had 4 months to run on a 48 month lease. They offered a price which would leave me ~$135 upsidedown. I accepted that offer and then we moved on to financing.

I told them that I wanted a 39 month lease with 10k miles which should give a residual of 60% and .00232 money factor. The salesman went off and came back with a monthly figure of $553. I told him that looked a bit high and I thought that based on discussions with another dealer that the monthly was $546. Unfortunately I was remembering the price for a 36 month lease from other dealer as I never priced out a 39 month lease. The general manager walked by and said $546 would be fine and they would work things out.

I then cooled my heels for a bit until the finance people were available. By now I was pretty sure that my memory on the monthly cost was wrong. When I went into the finance department to sign the paperwork, I asked to see the deal screen to confirm that they were using the money factor and residual I expected. Both were the base rate that I was expecting without dealer markup. I then saw that the purchase figure was different from the $34,589 that we had negotiated so I indicated that the buy price was wrong. The finance manager talked around the number a bit indicating that it included the 'fees' which I was not going to pay up front. We went through them and she referenced a bank fee of $550 and a doc fee of $369, both of which I was expecting and are shown on the lease agreement. The license plate fee estimated of $575, a tire tax $5 and additional $135 payoff for Toyota. She also indicated a $297 second bank/doc fee. Despite going through all of these figures and my up front cash (which didn't add up correctly either), she couldn't make the numbers come out exactly right. But it seemed like we weren't too far off (like $75 off) so I let it go and signed the paperwork and took delivery.

After getting home and taking a good look at all the documents, I've realized that the dealer increased the vehicle purchase price in the lease by around $1,280. There are only 2 fees referenced in the lease contract, the $550 bank fee and $369 doc fee. The finance manager's explanation for the different Capitalized Cost would require double addition of the $550 bank fee and including the first month payment in the Capitalized Cost, only then could they make the figures come close even with or without the phantom second bank fee of $297 which isn't reflected anywhere in the lease agreement.

The true lease price for 39 months should have been $507 with $1,223 up front instead of $546 and $1,163 up front (which also didn't match with what I had agreed to pay up front as I should have paid another $60 up front).

I should have pressed the finance manager about clarifying the Capitlized Cost more than I did, but do I have any recourse now that the wheels have rolled over the curb and the lease is signed? They indicated that they video and tape the financing manager. Since I specifically asked about the Capitalized Cost and confirmed that the deal was structured with the money factor and residual that I had offered, can they get away with changing the purchase price that we had agreed on without disclosure?
  • Options
    can they get away with changing the purchase price that we had agreed on without disclosure?

Unless you have a signed purchase price agreement in your pocket, yes, they can write down whatever they want on the contracts, unfortunately, and there is nothing you can do about it.

You COULD go in and argue and there is a slim chance they'd be honest and change it appropriately, but they aren't required to if you have no proof otherwise.

• Options
    lasailorlasailor Member Posts: 12
    Hi, all. I'm about to lease a G35 6MT. I guess all of the financing info changed today (October 2). Would very much appreciate the new October MF and residual values, as well as any info on incentives (manufacturer to dealer cash, or anything else) that might be available now.

Thanks very much.
  • Options
    Thanks ej, now I am really interested. So essentially we can get down to 0.00000 money factor for a sedan (by putting down enough deposit) and we just need to pay for the depreciation. I will check out the car tommorrow.
  • Options
    Do you have your numbers(cap cost, residual, money factor) on that? Is that a 12 month lease? thanks!
  • Options
    marcsuslmarcsusl Member Posts: 4
    YES ITS A 12 MONTH LEASE, BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THAT INFO (I.E. cap cost, residual, money factor) but if you tell me where ill look but anyway they came in cheaper just try them out emai me for their contact info. and anyone looking for a car they are the ones to go to from acura's to volvo they have it all
  • Options
    Im definitely interested in learning more, particularly what your purchase price on the car was(cap cost!). your email address is marked as private.
  • Options
    In the lease paper that you sign, there should be the cap cost, money factor etc.
  • Options
    genester1genester1 Member Posts: 14
    Hello Car_Man and others,

I am looking for a lease on a G35x Sedan, 15K per year, no premium package. A dealer quoted me the following through Infinity Financial Services:

Car price of $32,520.83 will have a monthly payment of $433.47. The money factor is .00085, and the residual for a 15,000 mile a year lease is 54%. This is with no money down and a total of $619.97 due on delivery.

Is this a good deal? What should I shoot for?
  • Options
    BTW, the MSRP for this car is $35,100.
  • Options
    does it have sunroof.
  • Options
    Yes, it does have a sunroof - the base price of the G35x is $30,580. The extra options that this has is: Sunroof $862; Splash Gaurds $101;Trunk Mat $64;Freight $650

This adds up to $32,257, which is $263.83 over invoice.
  • Options
    audi2infintiaudi2infinti Member Posts: 9
    I am unsure how many MSDs you can do, I was allowed to put as much as $7,000. But reducing the money factor to 0.00000 is not possible. Typically, each additional security deposit reduces the money factor by .0001. So if you have a $700 security deposit, and a money factor of .00216 to start off with you have the following:
    SD Amt LMF
    1 700 0.00216
    2 1400 0.00206
    3 2100 0.00196
    4 2800 0.00186
    5 3500 0.00176
    6 4200 0.00166
    7 4900 0.00156
    8 5600 0.00146
    9 6300 0.00136
    10 7000 0.00126
  • Options
    paulo6paulo6 Member Posts: 94
    After numerous negotiations with different dealers, this is what I have...I am new to infiniti and this site, so any insight will help.

G35 6MT
    Aero pkg
    Sunroof
    24months / 12K lease
    Cap Cost: $29871 (MSRP 33600)
    64% Residual
    with $4000 total net due at signing
    Monthly payment after tax $250 OTD

Thoughts are appreciated
  • Options
    poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    your total of cost of lease is 23*250 plus 4k you paid total or $9,750 even. That's on 24000 miles, so about 41.7 cents a mile.

In comparison, a fully loaded G35 fully loaded sold at invoice on a 24 month lease with IFS will cost around $11,870 or about 49.5 cents a mile. Looks like you got a good deal.
  • Options
    Certainly not for the coupe since the money factor is much higher. But I was under the impression that the money factor for sedan is much lower and the 2 year lease money factor is aound 0.0008 (need Car_man to confirm)... If it is true, it will make G35 the lease deal of the year. Probably cheaper to lease than a camry or accord... Will see the number when Car_man come on line.
  • Options
    leadfoot35leadfoot35 Member Posts: 1
    I leased a base 2006 G35 coupe automatic with no options except Lojack that was already installed by dealer last month (9/2006). I pay $303.48 plus Calif sales tax = $327.00 mo. total. I got a 12 mo. lease with 12,000 miles. I gave them $3000 which included my first month payment, registration fees, tax on capitalized cost reduction, and a couple other minor nonsense fees. There was no security deposit. In 1 yr I just give them back the car with no turn in fees/charges or I can buy it for $28,095.50 plus a $150.00 purchase option fee. The lease is through Infinity Financial which at that time was offering special financing for the coupes on purchases (1.9% for 12mo). So for leases it comes out to a very low money factor. I think I got a pretty good deal. I don't really know because I didn't shop it and never leased before. I just figure I have a $300 mo fun little toy for the next year. The dealer did however change the numbers from what we had agreed upon when I sat down to sign. I should have walked out then and there just for the principle of it, but didn't. Anyway, maybe this will help you decide if you're getting a good deal or not.
  • Options
    i think u got ripped off because my freind got a fully loaded one for 405 including tax and 1750 down