Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Car Buying Advice - 2018 Audi Q5 - Wait or custom order to my preference?

carman2020carman2020 Posts: 2
edited May 2017 in Audi
Test drove the 18 Audi Q5 and LOVE it. The interior is beautiful and the ride is amazing. I want to purchase the car and have two questions:
  1. What is a reasonable amount off of MSRP that I can negotiate? I hear it is 6%, is that correct? Can you go more?
  2. None of the Q5s on dealer lots are equipped the way I'd like. I just want a Q5 with Premium Plus package, nothing else. Most dealers price their Q5's with Premium Plus at $53K because many of them have the Navigation Package, which for $2,600, is excessive for something I won't get much utility out of. Same with upgraded wheels, etc. Should I wait until there's more inventory and see if there's something closer to what I'm looking for? Or do I just submit a custom order? If so, how long would that take?

I know this is a lot of questions but this is a big purchase and I want to make sure I do it right. I usually lease cars so this will be the first time I plan on purchasing and keeping the car for 5+ years. So I REALLY appreciate your advice and input! Thank you!

Best Answers

Answers

• derprofiderprofi Posts: 250
    edited May 2017
    A coworker just picked up a 2018 Q5 Premium Plus a few days ago and says he got it for $250 under invoice.