Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    I got a 4x4 V6 limited for $700 under invoice, and the same dealer offered me $500 under invoice on an Overland. This was unprecipitated with no negotiation.

The dealer also noted that there was $1000 loyalty rebate as well as $1000 Conquest rebate. The latter was offered to individuals who currently owned an SUV, manufactured by a competitor. It was not necessary to trade in said SUV.
  • karchkarch Member Posts: 45
    $1000 for conquest? First I've heard of it. They wanted me to have another leased vehicle.
    Just checked, it is only valid if you are currently leasing a competitive brand, not owning one (like me).
  • wmor888wmor888 Member Posts: 7
    The dealer today offered me the following deal on a 2011 JGC that was the owners car and has 3k miles on it. I would not be penalized on the miles.
    39 months
    10k miles per year
    $3500 total due at signing.
    $359 a month all in (including tax, etc.)

They told me I am only getting such a good deal because they want to move the car and it has 3k miles already on it. Is this a deal that I should jump on? The color is the dark blue which I like but is not my favorite. Willing to live with it though if I am getting a great deal on it.

Can anyone offer some advice on whether I should do the deal?
  • wmor888wmor888 Member Posts: 7
    ...forgot to mention....it is a base model - cloth seats, no sunroof. It does have the convenience package which gets me bluetooth, garage opener, remote start, etc.
    I just paid $2000 total drive off (I don't believe in cap reduction, but I did $900 anyways).
    MSRP was $38425, payments are $476, DMV around $440, doc fees (around $55), etc.

3yr/36K miles.
    It's a Laredo X, nav, tow, 5.7L, and sunroof.
  • jamlovesgrapesjamlovesgrapes Member Posts: 9
    GC Laredo X Pkg
    39months
    12k/yr
    $3500 out of pocket plus DMV fees
    $430/ month

Is this a good deal?
    If I don't get the x pkg then it's about $100 less a month.
    Should I ask for a better deal or ask for nav and sunroof for a bit more?
    Since you didn't offer any information on the MSRP, you will need to look back through the posts to gauge whether it's a good deal or not.

If I were to answer honestly, I would say probably not, but then again, if it's over $40K msrp, then perhaps it is a good deal.

Also, how much is the tax for your area, and how is your credit?

You really should try to do the math before committing to the lease, and make sure you are comfortable with the terms, as well as the agreed upon price.

You can use what myself and others have posted here, or Edmunds, TrueCar, and other websites to gauge the market price of the vehicle you are looking at, with adjustments for specific options and local markets.

Good luck. So far, I do like the Grand Cherokee, though I have only driven it a couple of times (wife's car).
  • steve358steve358 Member Posts: 12
    Not a good deal. I just leased a grand cherokee x package, blueberry pearl. payment with no money down 424/month. I added my state taxed to lease and that brought payment up to 487. I did not put anything down. also note there is no lease end dispostion fee. You can do better.
    I'm in NY so the tax came out to about 1600
    Credit is very good over 740
    They didn't bother to offer me the msrp. I emailed my salesman for some more info.
    Which dealer was this? I'm in NY. If you can please email be the breakdown that would be great!
    Not sure about NY, but here, in L.A., I have to pay 9.75% on the monthly payment on a lease, or the same rate on the entire purchase price (trade-in's don't factor in at all on the tax burden), which is one factor in why I leased.

Mine was over $38.4K MSRP, and I shelled out $1500 and $432/mo, plus the 9.75%, so I think you are probably not getting the best pricing out there.

That being said, there is increased sales for the dealerships, especially here in CA, because of the tragedies in Japan.

The dealers are seeing people unable to buy many of the Japanese brands, either built in USA or Asia, due to lack of parts, not to mention some black pigments (so black may be hard to get), and I also heard some LCD screens, so NAV may be tougher to get soon (not sure, but perhaps).

I worked very hard to get the deal I got, as I was told no black interior (wife), and I would say close to 90% of the Laredo X's have black interior.

Also, hemi's probably makeup only about 20%, and for some reason, many of the X's don't have NAV.

Good luck with it all. By the way, it helps to search yourself for the dealers in the area with the right GC, because even though your local dealer will make a dealer trade for you for the one you want, they will be less likely to do if for less profit.

Also, a lower VIN number usually means it's been on the lot longer, so you may have more room to negotiate with one that's a bit 'stale".
  • steve358steve358 Member Posts: 12
    I recieved the same price quote from 2 dealers. merrick dodge and westbury jeep. I used Ally bank (which is chrysler bank), not bank of america. Bank of America has a $400 disposition fee. Vehicle was offered at $34900 and then $1000 competitor rebate.

I bought from merrick dodge, they tried to change lease details on pick up. I waited 2 hours until they re-did lease. Be careful. I would recommend trying westbuty jeep b/c of this problem I had with merrick dodge. I notified Jeep about what the dealer tried to do.
  • litlinlitlin Member Posts: 11
    what does residuals mean for leasing, and all that stuff.

I got email that this week in smithtown, they are having a 3 day sale. 250 for new 2011 jeep grand cherokee laredo for 48 months. We want to lease, this sounds like a good deal. Is this a good deal?

what should I watch out for?

Thanks
    Lit
  • brizzlebrizzle Member Posts: 7
    I just closed a lease on a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited MSRP $39955 39 mo 12000 miles include maint., free rental, and a full warranty for 39 mo . $2000 top and $506 tax in. u just have to shop around and be willing to walk if they don't give u what u want. I have not seen a deal that good yet on this site. I will never buy another car without checking this site . Anyone get a deal close to this???
  • andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car_man

Can you please tell me the lease rates for a Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4X4, 26E Package, for both 36 months and 39 months with 12,000 miles a year.

Thanks
    My dealer said to add the x pkg with nav and sunroof it is 100 more a month compared to the base 4X4 laredo. is this worth it? monthly payments with everything is $430 with $3500 due at signing (tax, first month, misc, bank, dmv fees).

the lease is 12k/yr 39 months.
    with everything staying the same including the due at signing what should be the realistic monthly payments? just the standard 4X4 laredo is costing me $100 less a month.
  • venusfanvenusfan Member Posts: 4
    Got an offer today at a dealership in New York. 2011 JGC Laredo X package with sunroof. MSRP 37380. Owed $9000 on a '05 and these are the terms.

Trade payed off, $2500 down, $469 a month, 39 months, 10K year.

Is this a good deal?
  • tywebb1973tywebb1973 Member Posts: 115
    Yeah I am looking at the JGC Overland (Non-Summit) and was curious about the numbers - MF, residual - for a 3 year, 12K mile per year lease.

It seems that the GCs are better deals right now than the Ford Explorers (outrageous prices and lease deals IMO) and the Durango's.

So if anyone can provide me with the MF and residual for an Overland at 3 years, 36000, I would appreciate it.
  • tonyg41tonyg41 Member Posts: 17
    I put a deposit on a transfer for a 2011 GC Laredo with X package No sunroof. MSRP was 37080, with $2000 down 39 month 12k miles a year 415 a month was also offered 1500 dollars more for my trade in then most places.
  • aces_fullaces_full Member Posts: 16
    Does the 2000 down include all fees etc? If so sounds like a good deal. What was the money factor and residual value?
    Residual 52% and yes the $2000 down includes all fees (registration, tire tax etc)
  • miquelnymiquelny Member Posts: 6
    That deal Tonyg41 got included a trade-in... If we dont have the detailed numbers for the trade-in, we cant say if this deal is good or not... Hopefully Tony will reveal the numbers...

Thanks
    Actually the trade in aside from the tax break of about 1100 dollars was killing the deal since I am in the hole about 3k since I was offered $20,000 for my truck and I owe 24k to the ally which I was going to have to pay the difference. Today I sold off my truck though to another dealer for 21,250 and dont have it to trade in for the GC deal. I talked to the jeep dealer salesman after and he said it had no effect on the deal since it was a separate transaction they were just willing to give me wholesale for it to help me buy the Cherokee. I will however have to pay the 1100 dollars in tax but I made that up by going to the other dealer, but aside from that the deal is the same.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Lit. To me, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer use its base lease rate to calculate your monthly payment. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, andy2812.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.55% and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.55% and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • metsmightwin1metsmightwin1 Member Posts: 3
    What dealership did you go to? Was it in NY?
    Nope, deal was made at dick greenfield in Lawrenceville nj. I am picking up the car today actually. I will give a update later to confirm I got the deal that was worked out or that they tried to bs me while signing papers.
    Deal fell through today with the greenfield place I did however go back to my original dealership I worked with and worked out a fair deal I think. 10k miles a year, $3300 down included tax and got Laredo with X package ,nav and sunroof 440 a month. Love the car so far rides amazing and is totally worth every penny in my book.
  • jbyle11jbyle11 Member Posts: 1
    I can get a 2011 Grand Cherokee with the Laredo X26 Package and also has the tow package, Nav and a sunroof, sticker is $38800. No money down just first payment, tax etc which is $910 monthly payment is $520 for 15K a year and a 39 month lease also trading in a 2009 Cadillac CTS with 7 Mos left on lease and amounts to negative equity of $700. See other deals this seems to fall in line with a good one but could use anyone's input, thanks.
  • bmwfan53bmwfan53 Member Posts: 36
    Can you please tell me the MF and Residual for a 2011 GC V8 Overland 4X4 with 10K, 12K and 15K miles. Also what would be the same for a 4x2 instead of a 4x4
  • daddyjakesdaddyjakes Member Posts: 14
    Got a quote on the Laredo X 4x4 V6 today:
    3yr/15k a year
    $518 a month(including tax)
    All fees included in payment, only first payment due
    What State did you receive this deal in?
    What state did you receive this deal in?
  • daddyjakesdaddyjakes Member Posts: 14
    NY, Long Island
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    My JGC Ltd 4X4 3.6L 2011 has been delivered on June 16.
    MSRP=$42,000, incl. Lux.II, Media 730N RHR, Stone Wht/Beige.
    39/10K lse, $530/mo, due @ signing = $722.64 (1st pmt+192.50 doc,title,etc).
    Rebate = $1,500 (loyalty) & Employee Price (EP) were part of the deal.
    I am in Michigan.
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    That's a very deal valenkov. I got my jeep limited with the hem, 20" rims tow and all the other goodies except the lux 2 package which has the heated steering wheel, auto liftgate. My Msrp was $44500, I put down a little more out of pocket $2000 but my monthly payment is $509 and my buyout is a little over $19000 when 36 months are over. I got mine in January and the deals were horrible back then but I'm seeing better deals from others now. I bet in a year or so what we thought was a great deal won't be cause there will be better deals as more people start buying these trucks
  • bmwfan53bmwfan53 Member Posts: 36
    Can you please tell me the MF and Residual for a 2011 GC V8 Overland 4X4 with 10K, 12K and 15K miles. Also what would be the same for a 4x2 instead of a 4x4
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    daddyjakes, can you please post dealership info? thank you!
  • soup152soup152 Member Posts: 5
    Deal on the table today:

Overland V6- MSRP $42,690
    OTD Price- $39,825
    Total Due- $1206.46
    Residual-41%
    MF- 1.72
    $686.46 x 39 mo.

Limited V8- MSRP $44,590
    OTD Price- $39,500
    Total Due- $1148.62
    Residual- 42%,
    MF- 1.1
    $626 x 39 mo.

Thoughts? Decent deal? Don't really need or want the V8 but I feel like it's the better deal.
  • automan822automan822 Member Posts: 83
    This for anyone who is leasing, or thinking about a lease on the Grand Cherokee with Ally Bank, very important, and very real. Went to a local dealer in Los Angeles, worked what I thought was a good deal went into the finance department started signing papers, and then got to the contract, holy crap! If you look at all leases there are two important final numbers :
    1-Residual at the end what you owe, and if the car is in good shape, and the miles are right you tun it back in no problem.
    2- Option to purchase this number should ALWAYS match the residual, not with Ally, that number was $2500.00 higher. $14700.00 vs $17200.00
    Now you might think not really important I'm turning it back in anyway, Ok last year my lease was up on my Camry, Res. and Option to buy was approx $11,500, I sold it for $14,500 pocketed $3000 with the Ally Lease if you want to purchase the car you been given a penalty for making all those payments, I walked and will never do business with that dealer, or Ally, CarMan find out about this and let the people know.
  • new2jeepernew2jeeper Member Posts: 1
    May I ask what kind of JC & lease deal you made b/f you walked away?
  • rx2manrx2man Member Posts: 14
    I actually leased a wrangler but as this forum is more active am posting here. I was told my residual would be 14419, seemed fair enough to me. Went to finance and noticed the 14419 was 16919 in the Purchase option section at the bottom. Finance guy did not know why and mentioned again that their new computer system was causing everyone problems still and also that they did not do many leases. So he fix's and it comes back at 14919, I said thats' still not right and he this time writes over the top of the stack in pen and makes the change, all copies reflect the 14419 and I initialled the change. I plan to buy the jeep at the end and the residual was sticking point the entire process so I am glad I caught this butt........from reading the forums this $2500 is something that Ally finacial does. I'm good to go correct, if someone has to eat the $2500 it will not be me correct? The deal is still good? I drove away in it LOL and just now figured all this out.
    Good you did not let them get away with it, but I want to know from anyone who can help, is that legal, there are specific laws governing leases, I know in Calif. I have never seen that before, want to hear from the moderator here Carman. I also posted the same thing in the Durango Section.
  • dom23dom23 Member Posts: 2
    Could anyone tell me if this is a good deal?

2011 JGC limited - 20 in rims dealer final price is $39400. Not sure what invoice is on these trucks. Thanks in advance!
    edited July 2011
    What's the MSRP, are you leasing through Ally, and have you read the last 3 posts?
  • dom23dom23 Member Posts: 2
    msrp is 41,555. yes it is through ally and i did read those posts. there final price is 39400 and i qualify for 1000 conquest incentive. thats a final price of 38400, 1500 down and 399 and month. Good deal? thanks!
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    My 2011 JGC LTD V6 has been delivered on June 16,2011.
    Here are the final numbers which I hope could help.
    MSRP=$42,000 (incl. LuxII & Media 730N RHR),
    EP (Employee Price)=$37,421,
    Ally (GMAC) adm. fee= $795,
    Incentive (return 2008 lse) = $1,500.
    OTD = $36,716,
    New lse 39/10K,
    Residual (45%)=$18,900,
    MF (est'd)=1.9%(.00079),
    Mich.sales tx=6%,
    Pmt.=$530.14X38(months),
    Due @ signing = $722.64 (incl.1st pmt + doc,title,sales txs),
    Purchase opt. @ end of lse = $21,400.
    Colors - Stone Wht/Beige.
  • miggsv17miggsv17 Member Posts: 3
    Here is the deal i just got

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 V6 26x with nav, moonroof, blackberry pearl

Sticker $38.5 K

Rebates: 2K

OTD: $34.9K + Taxes, Tags, licence

Garden City NY.
  • krissy2011krissy2011 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know if i should buy or lease. please help!
    Jeep GC Limited 4x4 with nav/chrome/etc
    Bargained price: 38,077
    down payment (trade in my xterra)= $8000

if i finance: 1.9% for 60 months: monthly payment of $582

if i lease, 39 months: $450 per month

do you think i can get a cheaper price than 38077?? They say its supposedly 1% lower than invoice. I don't know if i trust them!
    and when i asked for leasing prices they never gave me a buyout price - all she said is "assume around $ 20,000

am i getting ripped off?? and if i lease, will i end up paying more for the vehicle if i buy out, rather than if i just buy from the beginning??
This discussion has been closed.