Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, tallwoods. In your most recent post you mentioned the selling price of the new truck that you are interested in, but you never mentioned its MSRP. I need both of these numbers to estimate what your monthly lease payment should be for you. For now, I can tell you that Land rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease with 15,000 miles per year of a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE are .00303 and 45%, respectively. Once you let me know the MSRP, I'll tell you what this truck's payment should be like.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • tallwoodstallwoods Member Posts: 11
    Ah, okay on this vehical the MSRP is the same as the selling price. There are no deals. In fact, I'm told that just getting it at MSRP is a deal :-)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Okay..... What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chevallierchevallier Member Posts: 1
    Looks like your money factor is .00273 which translates to about 6.54%. I think the rate is a little high. I went to Leasetrader.com and saw someone trying to get rid of a RR Sport HSE for $975/mo. Go to http://www.leasetrader.com/auto/lease/search/2006_Land_Rover_HSE_Sport_Utility_V- 8_93741.xhtml. Personally, I think you can do better, but I guess it depends on the market conditions in your area. By the way, both the residual and the money factor can be negotiated. Best of Luck!
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    Chevallier-

The residual and money factor are not negotiable. The bank sets the residual and money factor based on market conditions. The residual is adjusted to reflect different amounts of mileage. For example, a 15k mile per year lease will have a lower residual and a higher payment than a comparable 12k mile per year lease. In regard to the money factor, it can change depending on mileage. For example, Land Rover could offer a better money factor (lower money factor) on a 36 month lease than it does on a 24 month lease or vice versa. It all depends on market conditions. Also, prepaying a lease will in turn reduce your money factor by a bank determined reduction in the money factor because the bank is taking less risk and knows that all payments will be met. Hope this helps.
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    What's the average credit score of those who purchase cars from Land Rover?
    I see, tallwoods. I knew that the Range Rover Sport was selling well and that Land Rover dealers would probably try to get as much as they could for it, but I didn't realize that they weren't providing any sort of discounts at all. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with an MSRP and selling price of $58,050 through Land Rover's captive finance company right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $921.

Car_man
    Host
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Here's what they're telling me to lease one of these RR Sport HSE's.

MSRP 61,400 (Base plus the luxury seating package)
    Cap cost-- 60,000

36 mos/ 10,500 miles/ 2K out the door. (I have excellent-plus credit)

$1,070 a month!!! (CA tax included) That seems crazy for a 60K truck with incredible residual potential.

is this right Car Man? I got quoted $895 all in on a Cayenne S that costs five grand more and just a few months ago, my brother leased a 745li (MSRP 78K) for 36 months with 2 grand out the door for 1140 a month! Just a few dollars more...

Holy Moly! This can't be right. Please tell me this dealership in thousand oaks is just yanking my chain. Or is it cuz the car's so hot? seems crazy. :surprise:

Is there any way to find this car in the high eight hundreds or even low nine's without putting more money down? That seems like what a truck in the 60 thousands should lease for, or am I crazy?

Thanks for your help!
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    That fits with what I am seeing for leases on the other side of the country.

Couple of things you have to remember. There is none, zero, zilch support behind the Sport leases. You aren't getting any break on the Money factor or the residual. The seven series and Cayenne have a fair amount of marketing support behind their leases. The dealer is probably bumping your MF a good bit too. I know we do at least a little to get some back end. Find out what MF they are using and make sure it is not exessivly bumped. That is one thing you can negotiate to get your payment down.

Other thing to remember is that Land Rover leases roll property tax into the payment. Most other makes don't do that. In order to compare leases you need to compare base payment only no taxes.
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Thanks british rover, I appreciate the feedback.
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    CarMan,

I was quoted a price of $58,150 for a RRS HSE, Java Black, with satellite, and personal telephone intergration. The dealer saying it would cost me $1,100 month to lease this car. Is this a good deal. I live in Los Angeles, CA.
    Term: 36 months
    Miles: 15k a year

- Thank You
  • adybugsadybugs Member Posts: 3
    Hi, any help and information is appreciated.

I have always financed my last two vehicles, but I am thinking about leasing a RR Sport. Or just leasing in general.

I'm looking at the 2006 RR HSE Sport. MSRP is $57,250, no money down, 36 month lease and my credit is not really good. Can you lease a RR w/ not so perfect credit? And can you calculate a monthly payment? :blush:
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    Carman:

What is the current residual and money factor on the Range Rover Sport with 36 months and 15K Mile/year?

Thank You!!
  • mmillsmmills Member Posts: 1
    I have a dealer here in TX with a CPO:

2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Silver exterior
    Black interior
    Heated seats
    DVD-Based Navigation
    16,222 miles
    $55,995 +TTL

Is this not a ridiculous price when I can buy a new one for about $2K more??

What would be a fair price to offer? I'm thinking $48K tops.
    Hi jbratx. Do you happen to know the MSRP of this truck as well. This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given and will enable me to use Land Rover's actual lease program to estimate what its lease payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Adybugs, you should be able to lease a Land Rover with credit that is not "perfect." However, if your credit is in really bad shape, you may not be approved to do so. It sounds like you are relatively new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Take a look at them and let me know if you have any other questions that they do not answer.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings nlproductions. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE (this truck's lease program varies by trim level, let me know if you want a different variant) through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00320 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mmills. I completely agree that it would be silly to purchase a used Land Rover for only $2,000 less than you could buy a brand new one for. I am not personally familiar with how much you should pay for this truck, but if I was in the market for one I wouldn't buy it unless it was a heck of a lot less than a brand new one. You can find out approximately what this vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Car_man
    Host
    A bit off topic but since I have not seen this reposted anywhere else...

You never listed if this car had any additional options like the luxury interior, sat radio, blue tooth phone, or rear seat entertainment.

The options you listed are not options they are standard features.

Those options would push the MSRP of the sport up to 61,000 or more. I think 55,995 is a ridiclous price too but if someone came in and offered me 8,000 dollars less then what I was asking for a car I would be insulted.
  • cars_n_carscars_n_cars Member Posts: 1
    I'm also in the market for the same car. Just wanted to know are you putting anything down?

Thanks
  • jab9jab9 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have current money factor and residual information for 3yr/10k lease on this model?

Thanks.
    ?Here's the info that you're looking for, jab9. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 10,000 or so miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00334 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • yrbenderyrbender Member Posts: 25
    I just purchased a black rr all options except supercharger and tire sticker 83,5 paid 74 new no miles. Yes it has the dual headrest video system, NAV and sat. radio. The dealer told me was a great deal. New to range rover prices. From what I am seeing here i am very happy
  • eliwangeliwang Member Posts: 1
    I live in Shawnee, Kansas and got a lease quote for a java black with MSRP of $58,950 and negotiated selling price of $57,000; 10,000 miles/year, four years, zero down, money factor is 0.00489 and residual value is 47% or $27,706.50; for monthly payment of $1,074.50 without tax or $1,156.70 with tax. Is this a good quote ? Thanks.
  • adybugsadybugs Member Posts: 3
    carman- i would like to lease an '06 RR hse sport, purchase extra miles (so i have a total of 20k miles per yer), 36 month lease and no money down. i have an '03 honda accord lx that i would consider trading in. can you give me an idea of what my monthly payment would be?
    thanks in advance. :blush:
  • ahachiyaahachiya Member Posts: 1
    Could someone please let me know what the current money factor is on an RR Sport HSE at 10,000 miles per year? Also, what is the residual, and is there any money (negotiating room) below invoice?

Thank you!
  • otago1otago1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Liked yoyur reply to surfd90 about a year ago. Looking at the 2006 RR sport lease for 24 months. Dealer willing to give me the car @ $56000 with nothing down with a LEV of 68% and a money factor of .00266. Is this a good deal and can you calculate lease payments without tax?
    Thanks
  • bogi1bogi1 Member Posts: 7
    Car man,

Hello, this would be my first time to lease since I need it for my real estate business. I was quoted the following terms:

Total drive-off $ 1,426.00
    Monthly payment with 7.75% tax - $ 949.42

Is this a good quote?

This quote is for a RR Sport HSE with luxury package, blue tooth integration/Sirius satellite radio (was told this comes as a package) $61,150.

Thanks a lot.

Bogi
    Greetings otago1. I would be happy to work up a lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need to know its MSRP. Also, this truck's lease program varies by trim level so I need you to provide me a detailed description of the specific model that you want. Let me know and I will crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi there Bogi. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with this truck's selling price. This is a very important number for you to know because it shows you how much of a discount you are being given on it. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. So, let me know the selling price as well as how long this lease is and how many miles per year it allows and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tnguyen1971tnguyen1971 Member Posts: 1
    Carman HELP..I'm interested in leasing an 06 rr sport with comfort package (upgraded seats, wood trim). Every dealer or internet leasing company gives me a different money factor. I'm open to 24,36,39 term, and 10k,12k,15k miles. The MSRP is 61K, 690 score. What is the most attractive program currently; what is the money factor and current residual? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
  • mrresearchmrresearch Member Posts: 8
    I was told that the money factor for 30 month lease on 06 RR Sport HSE with 12k miles is .00292 with a 66% residual. Car_Man, can you verify?
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    Bogi,

Sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal on the RR Sport. I would shoot for under $900. Also, since the vehicle is going to be used for primarily business use, you might want to look into the potential tax benefits of purchasing the RR Sport:
    (http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Dealers/Special_offers_finance/Small_Business- _Owners.htm?route=_us_en_Owners_Special_offers_finance_Special%20Offers%20And%20- Financing%20Overview@__link__InfoBlockLink_15)

Hope this helps,
    Matt
    Matt,

I did end up getting a much better deal for $896 a month. I am so happy with my new Giverny Green RR Sport. It's everything that I wanted and more.

Thanks for the input.

Bogi
  • timinfla2timinfla2 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Metro Detroit, so I don't know if this is a national offer. I apologize for the vagueness, but I'll do my best to be precise.

You can get a cold weather package Range Rover Sport for $699/mo with about $1200 down for 30 months at 10,500mi/yr.
    Or you can put about $5K down and the lease payment is $499.

I spoke to a local dealer that confirmed the deal and said that so far, they had only committed to running it through December. He also said it was for A, Z, or family/friends pricing.

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up.
  • sprsnicsprsnic Member Posts: 55
    How much should I have to put down to get a payment of 1000/mth for a 36 month lease? The MSRP would be 71150. Would I be able to get 2k off the price?
  • cp44cp44 Member Posts: 12
    I have a dilemma and a question. I hope you can help me out. Here goes: I currently have a 2003 Toyota Camry (my first car) I brought it used in April 2004 with a little over 1,000 in miles for $22,000 on a five year finance. In all my remaining balance on the car is $14,506.03 because I've been doubling up on my payments. Now the thing is I'm ready for a new car the Range Rover Sport HSE 2007 to be exact (leased). I'm looking to purchase in June. My goal is by June to have paid down my current car so that all I owe is about $9,000 or $8,000, Then I would bring it in to trade it in for whatever it's worth. I will just pay the remaining balance to the bank myself I don't want them to roll the remaining balance into my monthly payment. I think about this car every single day and I'm am just praying to get it. Do you think what I am doing is a smart move why, or why not?

P.S. I had 1 accident in the car it's noticeable in the body work. It doesn't look bad but you can notice it if you are into cars and I have 27,000 miles on it thus far. I'm in Brooklyn, NY Please help if you can. Thank you in advance.
    Also can anyone tell me exact figures I should bring to thr salesman when I go so I can have a decent monthly payment say around $750 or $800 a month
  • jewmanjewman Member Posts: 2
    THE VERY BEST DEALS! are in Michigan. I live in West Hollywood,CA and the dealers will not present any good deals on anything in this very "Rich" area. I contacted a Michigan dealer since I'm from Detroit. I was quoted a $715 lease, taxes included, no down payment, 30 month lease, on a 2006 Range Rover Sport w/Lux interior package. 10.5K mile per year. Is this the deal of the century or what? I called over 30 dealers in the US and no one can beat it?(why)

Only draw back is I have to get the car shipped to me for about a grand and get it registered in CA for about $1500.

I saved $13K on the car wit a sales price of $52K so the extra $2500 is cool with me. Please anyone let me know your thoughts. If your dealer wont give you the deal you want, look everywhere....its your money too.
  • jewmanjewman Member Posts: 2
    What dealership in Detroit has this Deal?
    Hey mrresearch. Through January 8th, Land Rover Capital Group's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 12,000 miles per year are .00238 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this truck are .00267 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello sprsnic. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the Range Rover Sport right now, but you may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for one by visiting the following discussion and checking out how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea of how much you want to pay for the truck that you are interested in, let me know and I will be happy to use Land Rover's actual lease program to calculate how much its monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cp44. There's nothing wrong with purchasing a more expensive vehicle, especially one that you seem to want as badly as the Range Rover Sport. Of course, keep in mind that you are going to have to spend a lot more money to lease a brand new $60,000 SUV than to continue driving your used $20,000 Camry. If you have the disposable income to spend on a much more expensive vehicle then I personally don't see anything wrong with the move that you are considering, provided you get a good deal. To get a good deal on this truck, you need to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your lease payment using Land Rover Capital Group's buy rate lease money factor. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". If you let me know how long you want to lease for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive I can give you an idea of what this truck's current lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • roverboyroverboy Member Posts: 26
    Can anyone calculate what I should have to pay for a 30 month lease of a 2007 Range Rover Sport Luxury Package. It has an MSRP of $60,950. I've seen quotes for around $925 per month which includes tax, drive off of $1800 (includes first month).

I've heard about better deals in Michigan, but can anyone give the name of which dealers are having deals in michigan? Dealers in San Francisco are complete WEASELS. They are quoting over $1000 with money factor of .003. I swear to God if I ever have to deal with SF car dealers again I will shoot myself.

Any experiences or actual lease prices paid for luxury RR Sports would be greatly appreciated. I find this site is extremely helpful, but not enough people post here.
    Has anyone ever actually received a discount using the A-plan pricing to get a RR Sport lease? I called two SF range rover dealers and both of them said it's "discretionary" to allow the discount? HUH? if it was truly discretionary, then NO DEALERS would honor the discount. Am I missing something? I have a feeling that these weasel SF dealers are lying. To all those who live in the bay area, buy your Rovers from other dealers. These guys are liars and thieves.

Where can I guarantee that I get the A-plan pricing? does anyone know how much off MSRP it gets me? Is there any rule that dealers have to honor it? I don't get how it would be worth anything if dealers could just decide if they honor it or not.
    I think A-Plan pricing is Invoice plus RAG fee(if applicable) plus destination fee.

I have never actually done an A-Plan price deal as it is fairly uncommon and we don't normaly honor the special Ford Pricing deals.

Most Land Rover dealers unless they are in Michigan or do huge volume do not honor X/A/Z/S plan pricing.

We will honor X-plan on LR3s and would also honor X-plan on Range Rovers towarsd the end of the MY on left over inventory but that is it.
    Hello Roverboy,

I got mine in November in SoCal. My payment is about $900 per month (36 month lease with 15K miles, sport lux package) but it was an 06 version. Not sure if you'd be able to get that low of a payment for an 07 version.

Bogi
    thanks for the quick response british_rover! Looks like I'm gonna have to call around michigan dealers to see if they'll honor the A-plan pricing. since invoice is around 52k for base RRSport, if they honor it, the monthly price would have to be in the $700 range. Maybe that's why somebody posted that michigan dealers were offering leases at $699 with luxury package.

Do you know what the difference is between the 2006 and 2007 sports? I think the body is the same, but what about quality? I'm sure the 2007's are better quality bc they have a year to fix the first year glitches that occur with any new model. right? again, thanks for your response. I'm looking to pull the trigger in the next two weeks.
    that's a good deal Bogi. The best I've found so far is for about $925 per month luxury package with only 10,500 miles. I haven't really negotiated hard yet, so I'm gonna try to shave it down to around $800 by increasing the residual since I don't plan on buying it out. seems like $900 is about the best anyone can do in CA. thanks for the prompt response. these forums make buying a car so much more transparent. car dealers are about the most weasely creatures I've ever encountered.
    Keep in mind that Land Rover dealers will not normaly sell outside of their market area because those sales don't qualify towards volume bonuses and such.

Go ahead and give it a try though but do try to remember it is a Land Rover not a ford and only 18,000 or so are brought into the US a year. Not exactly a high volume vehicle and most dealers have no incentive to offer special pricing plans.
    Greetings roverboy. Your lease payment will vary depending upon the selling price that you are able to negotiate. The lower this truck's selling price is, the lower its monthly payment will be. Let me know what price you expect to pay for this truck and I will gladly use Land Rover's new first quarter lease program to calculate its monthly payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.