Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

A Tale of Two Service Centers - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,046
edited June 2017 in Tesla
imageA Tale of Two Service Centers - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

The 2016 Tesla Model X needed some TLC, so we made an appointment at our closest dealer. After some ups and downs, we ended up 8 miles away at another Tesla location.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dldavedldave SacramentoPosts: 46
    What an incredible difference in service between the two locations. Having such a nice experience like that makes you want to buy/lease another car from them.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Posts: 859
    Wow, that certainly shows that Tesla cares and takes care of everything for you. To me, it also brings to light the concerns I'd have if I had the money to buy a Model 3. If there is a TWO WEEK waiting time to get your car serviced right now before the first Model 3 ships out, how long do you think the wait will be once hundreds of thousands of them get on the road? My bet is that you'll drop it off, get a loaner and have to wait 2-3 months to get your car fixed and maybe longer if its a more complex issue.
  • yellowbalyellowbal Posts: 234

My bet is that you'll drop it off, get a loaner and have to wait 2-3 months to get your car fixed and maybe longer if its a more complex issue.

If they had concierge pickup/drop off, I wouldn't mind at all. Fewer miles on my personal car and essentially zero hassle.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,870
    Many of us have no choices for service. There is only one service center in state of Indiana. Over 6 1/2 million people and one Tesla service center. Well, it's only 144 mile drive to get to the service center so I have that going for me.
  • I have had nothing but great service experiences for the past 4.5 years of Model S ownership. Portland OR and Salt Lake City Service centers and their personnel have made owning a Model S over 300 miles from the closest service center possible and a pleasure. They have been professional, respectful, competent, responsive and dependable.
  • I just had my annual service at the Dedham, MA location and left with a "Tesla High". Everyone I interacted with thanked me for owning a Tesla, technicians were super polite/cool, received text updates every few hours and so on. LOVE this car and this company!