Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi brel. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML BTC with 10,000 miles per year are .00240 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00240 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ashmarylandashmaryland Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to lease ML350 4matic with P1 package. What is the best deal to expect for a 24 month 15k lease.

Thanks.
  • brelbrel Member Posts: 4
    Thank you very much Car_man!
  • brelbrel Member Posts: 4
    Thanks dkrimgold. My dealer is suggesting this lease and from my research it’s the best current lease deal on a premium mid-size SUV.
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    Brel - Yes, I actually picked up my Bluetek from a dealer in the NYC area, taxes in, for $475 (MSRP 58,900) with the regular Fleet (not EAB).
    27 mo, 12K, 0 down, $1600 driveoff.

If you need a reference, I am happy to help.
  • rezniksrezniks Member Posts: 2
    Hi dkrimgold,
    Can you please provide dealer's details. I'm very interested in this deal.
    Thanks.
    @Reznik - call Johannes @ MB Manhattan, NY (shockingly!). I can't post contact info from what I can tell on the board but you can call the dealership and get him. Let him know that it's about the deal that he offered me (Danny) on the Bluetek. He should be able to help.

Just remember, that deal is with Fleet discount ($1500 off bottom line price). Conquest has $1000 off so it would come close.
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
  • alexandervalexanderv Member Posts: 24
    Hello dkrimgold,

Congratulations on your lease. That's a great deal. Could you please provide info. on the actual sale price on which the lease was based, also the residual and money factors used to calculate the deal? Thanks...
    This is the new bluetek deal. .70rv, .69mf after autopay discount.
    Final price for me includes a fleet discount, was around 50k on a 59k car.
    Thank you for your prompt response. With a $9K discount, it sounds like the dealer would have had factory cash in order to offer that price. Are you aware of the actual amount of factory cash, if any? Thanks...
    To be honest, I am not aware of any. I know my dealer used the 1.5K for fleet on top of his best number.

But why does it matter in the end? All that matter is your monthly payment and your driveoff. That allows you to do an apples to apples comparison. As long as those 2 numbers are lower than anything else you can get, that's good enough in my book. :)

Cheers,
    Danny
    Hello Danny,

You are right. In the end, those are the factors which matter. It is just that here in L.A., the dealers will not usually dip into the factory cash unless the buyer is already aware of it. I also wanted to ask about the sales tax in your county in N.Y.? L.A. county is 9.75%.

Thanks...Alex
    Yikes, I thought ours was pretty bad - 8.875% in NYC.
  • pilot25pilot25 Member Posts: 24
    hi,

A nj dealer is offering 545/month with taxes rolled in.

1,000 down payment which includes first month and dmv.

27 months and 12k miles a year.

12,000 MILES = 70%

MONEY FACTOR = .00079

selling price is 52,000 and msrp is 58,000 with destination.

Is this a good deal?
    MF and RV are standard (you can bring the MF down further with autopay).

I think the deal quality depends on what you mean by "Down payment". I would say you need to list your total driveoff to make the comparison easier. That should include things like acquisition fees, etc.

$545/m seems excessive to me for that car.
  • akelaonakelaon Member Posts: 32
    Hi Car_man, I am looking to lease a 2011 ML350 BlueTEC for 24 or 36 months, 10k miles per year. Any special incentives / factory cash I should be aware of when negotiating the Cap Cost? And could you please let me know the December lease money factors and residuals for 24 and 36 months, 10k miles per year? Thanks in advance for your help. This forum is the best lease forum on the net. Period.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks akelaon. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 ML350 BlueTec with 10,000 miles per year are .00240 and 71%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00240 and 61%.

I don't believe that Mercedes is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    We just leased a ml350 4matic at 3.2k under invoice but with .00017 mf instead of .00007 mf. How much did this manipulation of the mf cost us? It was a base model with no options so msrp was about 49k.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    $7-$10 per month... depending on CAP cost and residual..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cartman13cartman13 Member Posts: 58
    Can you share which dealer this was? would love to get a similar deal.
    is this 27 month lease a MB program or some other lease company?

i don't see it mentioned anywhere in socal.... sounds like a very good program
    @cartman it's an MB USA program. Ask your dealer about it or call mine. It ends this month AFAIK.
  • akelaonakelaon Member Posts: 32
    Thanks Car_man. Is the money factor for the ML350 for Decemeber .0007 (~1.7% apr) or .00007 (~.17% apr)? Thanks for your help.
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    All dealers in the Los Angeles area were able to offer me this deal. I just went with the dealer that had the car i wanted in stock. Unfortunately, this dealer pulled a fast one and manipulated the MF.
  • rbgonegolfrbgonegolf Member Posts: 6
    My current ML350 lease expires in a few weeks and the salesman is offering the following:

2011 ML350W4 $48,990
    650 Arctic White
    151 Black MB-Tex OR Cashmere MB-Tex
    P01 P01 Package: Auto-Dimming Mirrors, COMAN $4,000
    890 : Power Liftgate
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    517 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio and HD Digital Ra
    512 : COMAND System w/hard-drive Navigation
    500 : Power Folding Mirrors
    441 : Power Steering Column
    275 : Power Dr.Seat & Steering Col. w/ Memory
    249 : Autodimming Mirrors
    218 : Rearview Camera
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    U80 : 115V AC Power Outlet
    R39 19" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels (255/50) H
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    873 Heated Front Seats $750

SUBTOTAL $53,740
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $54,615

Selling Price: $50,791
    Money Factor: 0.00042
    Residual: 56%

It already includes the conquest cash.

Is this a good deal?

thank you,
    Lease length?
    Miles?

Those are important factors.

As I recall, there are .00004 MF available till year end.
    Price looks Decent. roughly $500 under invoice. you might be able to squeeze a little more.

MF looks way high. If you just back into the MF formt he MB website the MF is .00007 .00042 is a big jump from that. the MF is what makes this lease attractive. (you pay almost no rent fee.) think 0.17% financing vs. the 1% financing they are offering.

I'm assuming this is 36 months, 10k miles based on residual. so get the MF down and you should have a decent deal. I would just explicitly tell him the MF should be .00007 as shown on the MBUSA website. All the info is given in the details to back into that money factor.
    Thanks for getting back to me. I guess they car I was interested in right before Christmas was sold so he has me on another one. Funny thing is when I brought up trying to find another dealer he is offering the car below cheaper than the first.

What do you think?

2011 ML350W4 $48,990
    650 Arctic White
    154 Cashmere MB-Tex
    P01 P01 Package: Auto-Dimming Mirrors, COMAN $4,000
    890 : Power Liftgate
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    517 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio and HD Digital Ra
    512 : COMAND System w/hard-drive Navigation
    500 : Power Folding Mirrors
    441 : Power Steering Column
    275 : Power Dr.Seat & Steering Col. w/ Memory
    249 : Autodimming Mirrors
    218 : Rearview Camera
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    U80 : 115V AC Power Outlet
    R39 19" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels (255/50) H
    550 Trailer Hitch - 7,200 lbs. (Class III) $550
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    846 Brushed Aluminum Running Boards w/Rubber $670
    873 Heated Front Seats $750

SUBTOTAL $54,960
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $55,835

Here are the lease terms:

36 Months Lease with 10k/year
    Drive-Off: $1,500
    Monthy Payment: $599 inc tax
    what tax rate? what was the selling price.

Just eyeballing i'm guessing it seems like a solid deal. looks like they took the MF down, but i'm guessing at numbers.

selling price around 50k or 50,250?
    I got another dealer involved today and they have a similar car with MSRP $55,385 with cap cost of $49890 ($200 cash reduction). Tax rate is 9.25% so monthly payment is $579 inc tax. term is 36 mo and 15k miles.

how is this deal?

Thanks for all your help.
    The number doesn't seem possible given the selling price. maybe it's 579+tax?

Otherwise it seems it would be a very good deal for 15k miles.

But i really don't know unless you give all the info. Always get MSRP, Selling price, any cap cost reduction. Also the residual for the term and miles you are getting a quote. for. i think the residual for 15k 36 months is 53% so i used that and i can't see how you can get a 579 payment incl. in tax.
  • tbrown9728tbrown9728 Member Posts: 6
    I've been offered the following deal:

2011 ML350 4Matic - MSRP $56,005 with sales price of $49,005.

It is a "sign and drive" deal with ZERO dollars exchanged at lease inception. However, the dealer is rolling in $2,700 dollars ($795 bank fee; $640 (first month payment); $658 (I have 4 remaining payments on my existing lease and Mercedes will eat 3); $650 title/registration).

The residual on 36 months with 12k miles is 55% and the money factor is .00007.

Payment including tax - $640.

I think it is a decent deal, but does anyone see an obvious issue with the "roll in" money? Thanks.
    Looks like a decent deal to me. Good idea to roll all the costs into the lease. This MF is about as cheap as money can get.

Numbers seem to be right (for aorund 9%+/- tax)

All the roll ins seem legit. bank fee is right, you left over lease payments are what they are, and title and registration are set too.

The reason i like the roll in here is your monthly finance fee with that MF is going to be under $6. Seems like an outstanding way to borrow money to me, so why not roll everything in.
  • mbdealhuntermbdealhunter Member Posts: 11
    Hi, Can you advise the state you are getting this quote from? I have been getting good aggressive quotes like a lot of the ones posted above but the dealer I have been dealing with does not want to do anything with the 5 months I have left on my Lexus lease. I am on Long Island. Thanks
    I'm in Los Angeles, Ca.

My dealer refused to eat the $658...which was an indication to me that I was pretty close to hitting his limit on the price of the car. I was 7k off the sticker.
    I think they made a mistake but I went and bought the car last night. Here are the final numbers.
    MSRP $55,335
    Gross Cap Cost $50093.85
    Cap Cost Reduction: $203.21
    Adj Cap Cost: $49890.64
    Residual Value: $30987.60 (56%)
    Depreciation: $18,903.40
    Rent Charge: 203.60
    Lease payments: 36
    Base Mo Payment: $530.74
    Mo Sales Tax: $49.09
    Total Mo Payment: $579.83
    Mileage allowance: 45,000

I didn't need 15k a year but I took it anyways since it seemed to good to pass up.

Thanks for all your help.
    Did you have any drive-off costs? Was any money paid at lease inception?
    $1500 of which $203 was toward the cap reduction and the rest was 1st month payment and the rest towards DMV fees.
    That looks really good..

Congratulations!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pilot25pilot25 Member Posts: 24
    A dealer in NJ is putting the tax in gross cap cost and not charging at the end.

Is this right?

Thanks~
    New Jersey collects the entire tax, upfront....

You can either pay it upfront, or roll it into the CAP cost (it gets paid upfront, either way..)

I prefer to roll it in... I like to keep my upfront payment to a minimum..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My guess is when they go to write up the paperwork, something won't be right.

i'm pretty sure 56% is the residual for a 10k lease. not a 15k lease.

But if you can get this deal, it's smoking. As long as you don't plan on buying the car at the end of the lease. cause MB financial will get hung with the car with such a high residual for 45k miles
  • pitbull666pitbull666 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the input, can you tell me which dealer you went to and or the saleperson name? I am in Los angeles as well.

What was the rundown on the car options? I may have missed from an earlier post.

thx
  • yogibear4yogibear4 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get this deal? I want to lease one today. Please help.
  • awd250awd250 Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2011
    I have the paper work at home, off the top of my head I was offered .00001 money factor (direct payment), 54% residual (12k miles) additional 3000 off (my dad was in the military). Forgot the MSRP and cap cost(non navi), it worked out to about $510 a month, only thing down was 1st months payment, DMV, bank fee and tire tax.
    I am in San Jose and bought the car at Fletcher Jones in Fremont. I know they made a mistake on my deal and gave me 15k when it should have only been 10k but hey its in the contract now. The car I got was white with the P1 package, heated front seats, pre-wire and trailer hitch for $580 including the 9.25% sales tax.
  • porch2porch2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, long time reader – great forum & thanks for everyone’s help. Here’s the deal I was offered, seems pretty good to me but wondering if I should hold out for a lower sales price. Should I be paying a “lease fee” of $795? Also the special MF of .00001 may end today, any ideas if MB will continue the special, as I’d rather wait another couple weeks….
    MSRP $57,965 (Metallic paint, P1, hitch, wood trim, nav, voice control)
    Cap Cost: $52,620
    Residual Value: $30987.60 (53%)
    Lease payments: 42
    MF: .00001 (Special on the ML)
    Base Mo Payment: $537
    Mo Sales Tax: $40
    Total Mo Payment: $577
    Mileage allowance: 35,000
    Down payment = $2,200 (1st month $577, DMW of $406, Doc fees $249, lease fee of $795)
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    Thanks to the forum for the help - helped me determine where I needed to be.

I'm sure every discount available was used and that's just fine with me as I got the lease price I wanted

2011 ML350 Bluetec
    White
    Cashmere MB-Tex
    P1
    Heated front seats
    Running boards
    Wooden steering wheel
    $57,545 MSRP - final was $50k and change
    27 month lease - 15k miles per year - $515/mo (includes NJ Tax)
    Drive off $1075
  • porch2porch2 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, good deal, where in NJ did oyu get that?
This discussion has been closed.