Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    mike_nymike_ny Member Posts: 2
    Oh and forgot to mention I live in NY...anyone think i can do better?
  • Options
    sayheysayhey Member Posts: 5
    Just leased an Altima 2.5sl with connection package for $318 per mos for 39 mos including NYS tax. 15K per year and $1250 oop. I thought it was a very fair deal. LMK what you all think and if you email I can give you further details.
  • Options
    dperonedperone Member Posts: 14
    Sounds like a good deal - I am looking for the same with 12K which should reduce the payments. Where did you lease from?
  • Options
    clasysclasys Member Posts: 30
    This is a good deal. I got mine a month ago, 2.5 SL with Connection package, $309 incl tax (Im in NYC), $700 out of pocket, 39 mo/12,000 year. Pretty comparable if you consider that 3,000 more miles a year shave off about 2% of residual value, or as I think. You can see my post here for complete lease breakdown. And they have even refunded part of DMV fee I paid upfront ($110 off $250) when I went to pick up my plates, which made it $590 oop total instead of $700. Could not be any more happier with the car and the deal.
  • Options
    medic8edmedic8ed Member Posts: 4
    Darien Nissan, CT. Good luck
  • Options
    sbwoisbwoi Member Posts: 2
    Just leased an Altima 2.5SL, 15k/year, zero down, 39 months.
    $365/month.
    The primary on the car lease doesn't have good credit (but has good record paying auto leases, etc. I know this has little to no effect when they quote you a price)

Any opinions?
  • Options
    syrsyr Member Posts: 10
    I'm about to turn in my leased Altima in a couple of months, does anyone know what I should expect, like end of lease fees or how picky is Nissan when it comes to the condition of the vehicle. Also I will be 5 to 6k miles under, does that count for anything? Likely, I will lease another Altima.
    Thanks for any input :)
  • Options
    Its hard to judge on these numbers without additional info. Does this $365/month include sales tax? Zero down meaning absolute 0 due at signing, not even 1st month payment to take car off the lot? How bad is the credit of this person? If his FICO score is less than 700, $365/month with 15K and 0 down (assuming all fees were rolled into the payment) does not sound so bad. But then again, not enough info to draw a firm conclusion. Little over a month ago I leased 2.5 S with SL and Connection packages (MSRP $26,655), and having an excellent credit I was able to do $309/mo tax included for 39 months with 12K a year and $590 (initially I paid $700, but when I went there to pick up my plates, I got a refund of $110 for DMV fees) out of pocket. You can see my lease breakdown here
  • Options
    sbwoisbwoi Member Posts: 2
    Not quite zero down then, since first month's payment was due at signing. All fees included in payment. Credit score is +- 600.
    Looks like you got a great deal!
  • Options
    Thank you. To sum up - 2.5 S with SL package ($25,500 MSRP car), credit less than 700, $365 a month tax included, 39 months, 15K a year (extra 3K lowers residual for about 2%), $365 total out of pocket = looks like a pretty good deal if you ask me. Congrats and enjoy your new car.
  • Options
    carpro4carpro4 Member Posts: 2
    I called Route22Nissan because someone said they got a good deal in this forum.I called as I am looking for a Black Coupe with Premium and Tech-- hard to get.Their internet sales guy (I wish I could print his name here!) gave me a lease price almost $30 less than anywhere else and told me he had that exact car in stock.I told him I had to drive 2 hours to get there and only want that car. He promised me it was on the lot. but would not tell me the VIN number.Well-- he completely lied.This guy was not there (or hiding) and the manager said that he instructed the internet guy to "get people into the showroom and off their couch" but he said he went too far "this time". He tried to sell me a Maxima.These guys are completely dishonest and I would advise staying away from them. It cost me 5 hours of my Saturday and over $100 in tolls and gas.
  • Options
    carpro4carpro4 Member Posts: 2
    I have a lease deal on A 2.5 S with Premium and Nav, 15 k, 36 month, and 3000 down, for $319 per month. I am just waiting to get the car but have gotten that same deal at two dealerships.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you had such bad experience with Route 22 Nissan. It was I who recommended them, and honestly speaking, it was one of the fastest, easiest and pleasurable leasing transactions in my life, and this is my 5th lease. From salesperson to manager to financial guy everyone was very attentive and I was out in 4 hours with the car I wanted and deal I had in mind. They even threw in 3 free oil changes and later absolutely voluntarely gave me check for $110, partial refund for MV fees I paid upfront. Guess I was lucky that day :-)
  • Options
    jc12171jc12171 Member Posts: 13
    hi, I got a quote from a local Nissan dealer:

Altima 2.5 S (MSRP $21,970)
    $3000 down (includ 1st mon)
    39 month
    12K miles/year
    Residual 57%

$195 per month include tax.

I still not decided, interiro is too dark and no leather seat...but seems really cheap.

should I take it??
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    every post from every one who knows about leasing always says never put money down-- yet people still do this. why put $3000 down?
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Milt7696. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00087 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00097 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi kingpcgeek. The numbers that you were quoted are a little higher than what Nissan is offering right now, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00209 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Wow, sorry to hear about your bad experience with this dealership, carpro4. If you want to air your grievances with an even larger audience, make sure to hop over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    hchoudharyhchoudhary Member Posts: 7
    Hi
    I am 1st time leaser, so just need expert advice .

Here is what dealer is quoting me for Nissan Altima 2.5 with Convenience package.

1200 Down with Taxes, fees and 1st month payment.

Monthly payement of 230 + Taxes

Please suggest if I should move further with this Deal.
  • Options
    It’s hard to tell without having all necessary lease equation factors; in your case we know MSPR and residual, we need purchase price and money factor. Judging from numbers in your post and assuming that you will qualify for the highest credit tier which will give you lowest money factor (think APR on conventional loan), and you will negotiate a purchase price as close as possible to dealer invoice, the numbers would look something like that:

2.5 S Altima with Convenience package

MSRP = 22,715 (taken from Carsdirect.com)
    Purchase price = 21,349 (Carsdirrect, dealer invoice)
    Residual = 57% (from the posts above, people sharing their august quotes, seems reasonable to me)
    Money factor = 0.00087 (if your credit is excellent and this number hasn’t changed from June, which I think still true)

Plugging above numbers into any online lease calculator (I use http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm) yields us following:

$263.20/mo for 36 months with $0 down + tax, tags, dealer fees due at signing.

Adding $1,200 down payment lowers payment to $228.82 + tax, tags, dealer fees due at signing.

Personally, I would recommend NOT to put any money down and to push dealer to lower the purchase price. I think currently you can negotiate better purchase price than 21,349 I used, especially if you not in the rush to grab the car off the lot. Lowering the purchase/negotiated price assuming 3 other factors are true will lower your payment.
  • Options
    hchoudharyhchoudhary Member Posts: 7
    Thanks a lot for your reply. My 1200 Down includes taxes, fess and 1st month payment. Would that make this deal any better?
    Thank you again.
  • Options
    Yes, it would, assuming that this is 36-39 months lease with at least 12,000 miles per year with total of $1,200 out of pocket at signing, tax included. I would say it's a good deal.
  • Options
    87turbobuick87turbobuick Member Posts: 15
    Hi to all! I am shopping an 08 Altima dark slate/charcoal with convenience plus. For a 15K/mile & 39 month lease was offerred $ 279/month with zero down. NO dealer fees but have to pay DMV. They said residual value of $ 13,000 and lease value of $ 10,881 and lease interest rate of .97 This is the best offer after a few months of shopping in Suffolk county NY. What is the official lease factor for August & residual value? Would the above come with 16" steel rims and hubcaps? What brand/model of tires? The above was over the phone after I test drove at another place. Go in person later this week & wil update everyone if the numbers change in person. Go Bret Favre!! :
  • Options
    dykastdykast Member Posts: 12
    After doing a lot of research we decided on the Altima seeing as it gives a lot of bang for the buck right now. We got the 2.5 S w/SL and Connection package for a pretty decent deal. $1500 out the door(first months payment included in that), $305 a month for 39/12000 with NY(8.3%)taxes included. I had to go through a lot of dealers as this car with these options are hard to find in my area(NYC). I got it at Meadowlands Nissan. Did the deal over the phone, no tricks or anything when it came to sign the deal.

Wife loves the car. I think we did ok on the deal, what do you guys think?
  • Options
    minniflyminnifly Member Posts: 1
    Car_man:

Wondering if you can provide any lease rate information (residuals/money factors/dealer cash or lease cash incentives) for an 08 Altima SE Sedan 6MT with the sport package. I'm looking at 24m/12k and 36m/12k terms...

thanks mcuh
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, minnifly. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Altima Sedan SE with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00087 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00087 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    disneydreamsdisneydreams Member Posts: 1
    This is my first time leasing and I want to make sure i'm getting a good deal. I am getting an Altima Sedan 4 door 4 cyclinder S model. Basic model.
    12 k miles/ year
    36 month term lease
    2000 Down This DOES NOT include the taxes (NY ) and a bank fee of 295 AND the DMV fees plus first months payment
    payments of 169/ month (not including taxes)

Is this a good deal?

CAR MAN- PLEASE get back to me quickly! And anyone else that can weigh in!

thanks for your help!
  • Options
    marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    How is your hunting for a 2008 altima 2 point 5s going in suffick. I am in Nassaw what dealers are you looking that lees you stated in Your posting 270 a munth with not one dime down sounds good to me just what I think. I am shore you could do a bit bettor maby not shore just trying to help you out. and yes it probbly comes with the 15 intch wheeles with hub caps if I can help you out or anyone elce on this bord can just let us no thanks for reading my posting Marco.
  • Options
    bunancheezbunancheez Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in leasing a 08 nissan altima. I am wondering if I should lease it now during the bottom line year end sales event or wait till Wednesday. Do you think I can negociate a better price then or does anyone know if the residual and/or money factor will be improved at that time?
  • Options
    leasetxleasetx Member Posts: 8
    Anyone know the new lease rates and residulas for a 2008 Altima 2.5 Sl for 36 months at 15K and 18K? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    advancetecadvancetec Member Posts: 2
    2008 Altima 2.5SL

MSRP $25,825

Selling Price $23,150

Total Out Of Pocket $3,000

Florida Sales Tax 6%

Credit is 780

12K miles per year

What would my monthly payment be for a 36 and 39 month lease?

Does that payment include tax?

Thanks sooo much
  • Options
    fatcat71fatcat71 Member Posts: 75
    I got a quote in NY for a 08 Altima 2.5 SL with cold weather. No down except 1st months and dmv fees. All other fees rolled into payments and free oil changes for the life of the lease. 12K miles a year 39 month lease for $315 a month
    Sounds good to me, any thoughts??
  • Options
    bunancheezbunancheez Member Posts: 2
    It's should be lower than that. The 2009 are starting to show up in the showroom and the dealers have an incentive to get rid of them. Got a quote on 2008 2.5 Nissan SL with Connection Package for $274 a month with all fees rolled in including taxes (NYC 8.375%) and the complementary oil changes (the easiest thing to get a dealer to throw in to seal a deal). Try to get them down a little more. $40 over 39 months = $1560. Not chump change. Which dealer offered this to you? How much are they charging you for DMV fees? some dealers overcharge this amount to regain money.
  • Options
    thamethame Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm really interested in leasing a new Altima 2.5S (preferably coupe), but I've been really discouraged by the high prices I've gotten from my local dealerships.

The dealers in my area only seem to have '09 models, and I'm seeing much better offers in this thread for '08s. Where are you guys getting them?

I live in Buffalo, NY.
  • Options
    Greetings disneydreams. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

As far as this specific deal goes, it is difficult for me to give you my opinion on it without knowing what this car's MSRP (or dealer invoice price) and its selling price are. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is tough to say if you are getting the best possible deal on this car. Shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi leasetx. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00066 and 56%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi advancetec. Let me begin by saying that $2,000 is way too much money to pay at lease signing on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you will be much better off going with a zero down lease.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with an automatic transmission that has an MSRP of $25,825 and a selling price of $23,150 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $267. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be around $258.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Car_man,

That sounds like an excellent deal (the 2008) and is exactly what I'm looking for in terms of the monthly payment. However, I'm having problems locating an '08 in my area (Western New York). Do you know of any dealers in the region with '08s still available or of any way I can locate one? The price is so much better (by over $100 for a comparable '09) that I'd be willing to drive a bit to locate one.
  • Options
    leasetxleasetx Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Car_man.
  • Options
    advancetecadvancetec Member Posts: 2
    IS that the SL you quoted??

Also thanks for your help!
  • Options
    bajapanty350zbajapanty350z Member Posts: 88
    Hi guys, I d like to know the residual percentage for a base model 2.5 altima and money factor on a 24 month term and 12 k miles per year. If its not too much trouble I d like the same on a 2.5 S manual.
    Thanks
    Rob
  • Options
    I finally managed to locate a dealer with some '08s and I'm wondering if this is a good deal. It's a 3.5 SE (base, I believe), 39/12,000 with about 1300 out-of-pocket (taxes, fees) for $295/month.
  • Options
    andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Car_man,

Do you have the MF and Residual % for a 2008 Altima 2.5 S and 2.5 SL, auto transmission and without navigation. I need 24 and 36 months with 12,000 miles a year.

Thank you
  • Options
    eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    andy2812 - I believe that the money factor is 0.00066 with a 66% and 57% residual based on 12,000 miles per year at 24 and 36 months, respectively.

Best,
    Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • Options
    Thanks Matt
  • Options
    Car_man,

Looks like I'm going to have to go for a 2009 as it's been tough locating a 2008.

Do you have the MF and Residual % for a 2009 Altima 2.5 S and 2.5 SL, auto transmission and without navigation. I need 24 and 36 months with 12,000 miles a year.

Thank you
  • Options
    sistermarysistermary Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    Just got quoted what I think is probably not a good deal for 2009 totally loaded altima hybrid. but want feedback. followed up to ask for MF and res.%, but haven't received from dealer -- they're treating me like dumb girl, i guess.
    $569/month for 24 month w $1000 down, or $516/month for 39 months. Any thoughts? :confuse:
  • Options
    r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    $569 is WAY WAY WAY too much money to pay for any Altima.

For that kind of money you can get a Lexus, Infiniti or BMW (among many others).

A good deal on a 2.5 Altima with convenience Plus package is $289 a month with 0 due at signing. The Hybrid models are heavily overpriced and in reality you will not be saving anything in terms of gas costs when you factor in the monthly payment.

The 2.5 SL should be around $310 a month with tax.

Good luck
  • Options
    mustangdude182mustangdude182 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a 2009 nissan altima 2.5SL with connection package. Best offer i have is 299 per month with 1500 down + taxes etc. Is this a good offer should i take it?? They also told me there would be dmv fee nissan fee and bank fee. How much should i expect those to be. I asked the salesman and he had no idea he said only finance department could tell me.
  • Options
    r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    Banks fee are usually in the $500 range, DMW fee should be around $40.

$1500 down + taxes + bank fee + DMW = A down payment thats too big.

A 2.5SL with connection package should be in the $330 a month range (includes taxes) with nothing due at signing.
This discussion has been closed.