Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

stiff ride

idahoredidahored Posts: 1
edited June 2017 in Chevrolet
I just purchased a 2014 Chevy Equinox 2LT AWD. It has 44K miles. I test drove it on just city streets before I bought it, and found the ride was good. On the second day, I took it out on some country roads, where there were some minor pot holes and broken asphalt spots from our hard winter. I found that the ride became more like the ride I would get from a 1/2 ton pickup. Lots more firm than I thought it would be. I traded in my Chevy HHR which had a smoother softer ride than the Equinox. From all the researh I did on this car before I decided to buy it, I never saw any posts on the internet that mentoned a stiff ride. So,, maybe I just have a unusal car, or is a stiff ride just the norm for my model ?
Idahored
Mtn Home, Idaho

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    You could check your tire pressures. The previous owner might have jacked them way up for some reason. It's also a lot heavier than your HHR--almost two tons total weight.

I wouldn't expect your shocks/struts to be worn at 44K but it's also worth having them checked out.