Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Monthly Update for May 2017 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,046
edited June 2017 in Tesla
imageMonthly Update for May 2017 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

This month our Tesla Model X went in for two different repairs along with its usual diet of daily commutes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    "This is our fourth trip to the service center in one and a half months for the Tesla Model X. "
    If Tesla "quality" continues like this for the Model 3, they will have some serious problems.many Model 3 owners will be new to brand and have only heard about how great Tesla is. To the average buyer "great" means reliable!
  • cjasiscjasis Posts: 274
    I love the idea of the Model X but the reality appears to me that this thing is garbage. Who would put up with this kind of reliability and issues in a $30,000 car let alone a $100,000 car? You really have to want to be different and/or not reliant on a gas station to be ok with this.
  • darexdarex Posts: 187
    Why is everyone so shocked that a brand-new car company has produced unreliable garbage? Many people still don't give Hyundai a fair shake, even after more than 30 years in our market. Why would anyone expect a noob like Tesla to know how to make a reliable car right out of the gate? Because CR gushed over them? Pretty naïve!
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Posts: 859
    Yep, I would have serious concerns about buying a Tesla starting from when Model 3 Production comes into full swing. I could see some Model S and X owners getting very frustrated if Model 3 owners require maintenance and repairs pushing your appointment back for service for weeks and if Model 3 owners (granted they'll be paying for it) start hogging the charging stations. I bet there will be some "growing pains" once people realize that they don't have 3 dealers to choose from within 20 miles like they are used to.