Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• swedishswedish Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man, and everyone here!

This is a great messege board, and I am happy that I found it! It a very helpful service, and it's awesome that this was started. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

I recently leased for the 1st time. I don't really understand all these ratios and small decimals you all are talking about, but I can give you this info:

I leased a 2006 GLI with package #2 + spoiler + added window tint ($240).

It is a 48 month lease w/15000 miles per year. I put $1500 down. The agreed upon value of the vehicle was $27,927. The gross capatilized cost was $28,502. There was a capitalized cost reduction of $601. The adjusted capitalized cost was $27,900. (Sorry if this is too much info, but I have never leased before, so I'm not sure what you need to help me :confuse: )The residual value is $13,420 after 48 mo's. The depreciation and any amortized amounts was $14,480.

I have a payment of $425/mo. I this a fair deal? I thought it was after penciling the deal about 6 times.

The car is still "at port", so they gave me loaner until the car gets here next week. If this is not a fair deal, can I renegotiate the deal before delivery, or get out of it? Also, if it is not a fair deal, what points should I use to argue down the monthly payment?

I truly appreciate anyone's help, and if more info is needed please let me know!

Sincerely,

Swedish
  • huskrhuskr Member Posts: 18
    unless your credit is not good this sounds like a very high payment. Plus you put money down. Volkswagen lease right now is better at a two year than at a three year. I don't know much about a 48 month lease. If you already signed papers the deal is done, more than likely. We leased the same car, but no tint for $345 no money down, that is with tax 7%. Two year lease 10,000 mile lease. You also did 15,000 miles which I also don't know the figures. Good luck and check this sight out next time. It has helped a lot.
  • msneidermsneider Member Posts: 3
    Hello huskr. Sounds like you got a great deal on the GLI. Can I ask where you got it?
  • lastorylastory Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking at a 2006 Jetta GLI, Automatic, Package #1, Spoiler. I have a price of $26,553. What kind of a lease can I expect if I only want a total drive of $600.00. I can do 36-48 months. I want 12,00 miles per year. I have five months left on my Passat lease, but I was told that they would cover up to 6 remaining payments with VCI's current offer. I live Los Angeles. Their current lease offers mentions $1,200 customer cash, whatever that is and $500 owner cash and vehicle trade in. Any help would be appeciated.
    I have negotiated a price of $25995.00 for a 2006 GLI, Auto with Package #1. I was wondering what the residual and money factor info is. I'm looking at 12,000 miles, and a total drive off of $800.00. Originally I was told VCI would cover the 5 payments on my lease that are remaining, but now I'm told that it's only if you own a Jetta and I have a Passat. They are offering me $364 plus tax for 36 months. What should I expect for 48 months and is this a bad deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome Swedish. I;m glad that you enjoy this discussion so much. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. They will clear up a lot of the questions that you have.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on the lease that you signed, but it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with this car's full MSRP first. This number will enable me to see how much of a discount you were given on it and to use VW's current lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be.

It may be difficult for you to renegotiate your lease at this point. Since you have not physically taken delivery of your car yet, you probably would be able to back out of the deal if you really wanted to, but if you have given the dealer any money you would have a tough time getting it back.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi lastory. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00119 and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that VW is currently providing a $500 cash bonus on leases of '06 Jetta GLI models. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal and to calculate a 48 month lease payment on this car for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • will2702will2702 Member Posts: 13
    CarMan,
    Can you get me the money factor and residual value for the GLI jetta or the 2.0T Jetta? This would be for a 2yr 10k/yr or a 3yr 10k/yr lease. thanks a lot
    Thanks, so here are the details. A 2006 GLI automatic, with package #1, MSRP 26,955, I will pay 25,781. I'm for payments for a 36 and 48 month lease.
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Car_man,

Could you please give me the LMF and the residual value % for a 24-month, 12,000 miles per year lease of the following? I saw the special on the Value Edition on the VW website and I'm curious to know which one has the best lease support in March (trying to get one by tomorrow).

2006 Jetta Value Edition
    2006 Jetta 2.5
    2006 Jetta 2.0T

P.S. - I was offered $217+tax per month with $1000 up front (including fees, security deposit waived) for 24 months, 12,000 miles per year ...
  • gokartgokart Member Posts: 2
    Just got offered the following deal today for:
    2006 Jetta Package 0 Automatic MSRP $21,980.00

The monthly pymt supposedly goes to $299 (incl. tax) for 12k miles/year and $319 (incl. tax) for 15k

I am leasing a car for the 1st time, how does this deal sound? The dealer said it was good until March 31st (today). Is there anything I should verify? Anything that I might need to consider? Thanks for the help!

Cash Price $19,892.50
    Acq Fee $575.00
    State DMV Fee $200.75
    Cap Reduction $9.74
    Term 24 months
    MSRP $21,980.00
    66% Residual @ 10K miles per year
    Residual Value $14,506.80
    Money factor: .00057
    Customer Cash $550.00
    Base Monthly Payment $267.89
    Taxed Basis $289.99
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    It looks pretty good..

Customer Cash $550.00

Does that mean your total due at lease signing is $550?

If so, It looks great.. Did you price a 36 month lease, as well?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gokartgokart Member Posts: 2
    I was told the $550 due at signing included dmv, 1st month's payment and taxes. The 36 month lease actually had a bit of a higher money factor - I'm not sure why.
  • dorrngtndorrngtn Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

My wife is interested in buying a 2006 Jetta GLI. The current deal offered to her is:

MSRP: 28959.00
    Sell Price: 27842.00
    Trade Allow: 8300.00
    PayOff: 8800.00
    Term: 36mo
    MF: 0.00119
    Residual: 54%
    Total Fees: 67.50
    Total Down: -500.00
    Total Tax: 1215.04
    Amt Fin.: 28917.00

Monthly Payment: $421.89
    Drive off amt due: 2129.43

The numbers just don't look right to me, I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

What do you guys think of this deal? Does it seem ok?
    If it matters - its a lease in NY.
  • jwboycejwboyce Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man- I'm curious about the 500 cash back on 06 GLIs, but cannot find any mention of it at the vw website. Where did you get that info (not a doubter, just curious). Also curious, how do you get all these useful numbers (MF, residual) people keep asking you for? Thanks for your good work.

Our custom GLI is scheduled for delivery in mid June (see my post in "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #144), and while we are likely to buy, we'd be open to leasing if the terms were good enough.
    Wonder if you could give me residual and lease factors for the following. 2006 Jetta GLI with package #1, MSRP 26,955 (including 630 destination), Negoiated price 24,921 (including destination). I currently have a passat lease so the $500 customer loyalty should apply. Looking for info on a 36, 39, 48 month lease. 12,000 miles. $800 total drive off (first month, title, license, etc). Thanks.
  • zpdoczpdoc Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man - Thank you for this great website. I'm wondering if it's a great deal or not.. I'm trying to negociate to $220/mo + buying option of $13500-$14000. Should I ask more discount or is it too much to ask?

06 New Jetta sedan 2.5L w/no option with letherette
    $2000.00 down (incld all fees and first payment)
    12K/miles 24months lease

Here is what I got from 2 dealers:

(A)
    Initial Cap $19,857
    Term 24 months
    MSRP $21,980.00
    65% Residual 12K miles per year
    Residual Value $14,296.75
    Customer Cash $2000.00
    Base Monthly Payment $218.36
    Taxed Basis $231.46

(B)
    Initial Cap Cost $20,500
    Cap Reduction $890.10
    Term 24 months
    MSRP $22,355.00
    65% Residual 12K miles per year
    Residual Value $14,530.75
    Customer Cash $2000.00
    Base Monthly Payment $247.40 (incld 6% tax)
  • tdzz1975tdzz1975 Member Posts: 6
    What are the current money factor and residual percentage numbers for a 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T, 36 months, 15,000 miles?
  • will2702will2702 Member Posts: 13
    Just got a deep black GLI pkg 1 about 2weeks ago for 355/month with 575 down for 2yr/10K miles. I was able to get limo tint, floor mats, and first oil change for free. The "Fees" i was able to get waived off were:
    398 document fee
    575 acquisition fee
    28 title fee
    367 dealership ad fee
    25 port prep fee
    Not sure if all these are required to make a deal. It just looked like more of a profit for them. Try getting these waived off or other "hidden fees" like dealer add-ons when negotiating the down.
    Here you go, will2702. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Sedan through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00061 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00119 and 55%. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Sedan through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its numbers should be .00042 and 63%. The numbers for a 36 month, 10k lease of this model should be .00107 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the additional information, lastory. The selling price that you were quoted for thie car looks OK to me. A base 2006 VW Jetta GLI has a spread of a little over $1,900 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are getting an $1,100 discount on the car that you are considering. I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get another couple hundred off if you live in an area where there is a decent level of competition, but your price isn't bad. You may want to stop by the following discussion for additional feedback on this car's price: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Let's work up some lease payments on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI with an MSRP of $26,955 and a selling price of $25,781 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $360. The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be $334.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi benji123. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Value Edition Sedan through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00120 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 Jetta 2.5 Sedan should be .00057 and 65%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 Jetta 2.0T should be .00042 and 62%. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dorrngtn. A base 2006 Volkswagen GTI has a spread of a little over $1,900 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a discount of $1,117 on the car that you are considering before your negative equity is being taken into account. This is a decent price, but I would not be surprised if you were able to beat it by a couple hundred dollars if you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition. The fact that Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of '06 Jetta GLI models through VW Credit right now will help your cause. Make sure to mention it during your negotiations. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with VW Credit's lease program for this car. So work on getting them to lower your price a little bit

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jwboyce. The $500 cash that is available on leases of '06 Jetta GLI models right now is VW Credit lease cash. I don't think that VW is publicizing it on its Web site, but trust me it exists. Volkswagen's current incentives and lease program are only scheduled to run through May 1st. Stop back in June and I will be happy to give you an idea of what this car's lease program is like then. I am sure that you are anxiously counting the days until your new car arrives. I know that I would be :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, lastory. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00119 and 54%, respectively. I don't believe that VW is providing support on 39 month leases of this car right now, but its 48 month numbers should be .00170 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    You;re very welcome, zpdoc. I am glad that you enjoy it so much. A base 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L Sedan has a spread of around $1,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a discount of over $2,100 on car A and of around $1,850 on cab B. It looks as though the dealers you are working with are taking the $750 lease cash that Volkswagen is currently providing on this car into account because both of the prices that you were quoted are around or slightly below dealer invoice.

I'm not sure what you mean by the $2,000 customer cash that you mentioned in your post. Technically customer cash is an incentive that manufacturers provide on vehicles to help dealers sell them. Volkswagen is not currently providing any customer cash on the Jetta, but it does have the lease cash that I mentioned earlier. If by customer cash, you mean that this is a down payment you shouldn't make them. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Jetta would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

The lease program that you were quoted for these cars is in line with VW Credit;s current program. The bottom line is that these selling prices that you were quoted look reasonable and the lease program is good, but you shouldn't make any sort of down payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • billieabilliea Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    My daughter will be going to college soon and has her heart set on a jetta 2.0T automatic. (Am in Omaha, NE)
    I am clueless on my best option. Buy or lease.
    Wondering what my best lease option payment would be for 48 months. Why would I want 24 months ? I noticed most discussions center around that time frame. Is there a monthly price difference for one over the other and also open end vs close end lease...are the payments not the same ?
    I want to know lease payments before I go in and learn I have been taken by not knowing what I should have been offered as my best deal.

Thank you,

Billie
    I am making my final deal with VW and wanted to run over the numbers. 2006 GLI Package #1, dealer invoice 24291. 48 months, 12,000 miles. Is it still a %48 residual and an money factor of .00170 and then what should i expect for payment with nothing down.

FYI -- VW currently has a deal for Passat and Beatle leasers, they will pay off up to 6 remaining payments.
  • sunnygsunnyg Member Posts: 2
    I am new to this forum. I was wondering if you could tell me what a good price would be if I were to lease a Jetta Value Edition with a MSRP of $18500, with $500 customer loyalty cash rebate. I think I'd be interested in either a 36 or 48 month lease, with 12,000 miles/yr, and no money down. If you need any further info., just let me know and I'll try to obtain it.
    Thanks!
  • sunnygsunnyg Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I am being offered a lease for a Jetta Value Edition.
    MSRP is 18,515. Base price 18,100. Residual value is 9410.
    This is for 12,000 mi/yr, 48 month lease, with $500 customer loyalty. I've been quoted $265/month (which includes taxes). They want $800 down and say they can't go lower than this or offer no money down. They say the $800 includes the 1st month's payment and other fees. The $800 comes from $1300 minus the $500 loyalty (and $1300 comes from theft code, doc fee, aquisition fee, and plate fee). Is this a good deal, or should I be able to put less down? I'm thinking I should be able to put less down...the whole $800 thing doesn't seem to totally make sense, as they are saying it also includes the 1st month payment, though the 1st month payment doesn't factor into the $1300 in fees they quoted. What do you think? Thanks!
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Member Posts: 501
    I am specifically intererested in leasing a TDI. How is the TDI compared to the other models of the Jetta?
  • tommyg12tommyg12 Member Posts: 158
    Hi CarMan, curious about current money factors and residuals for GLI Jettas, 36 and 48 months. As always, your help is much appreciated.
  • gassy1carsgassy1cars Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan:
    You provided me with great information in the past and I am back for more.
    I am looking to lease a Jetta 2.5 with an MSRP of $24,290(AT, Pkg 1, rear side airbags and mats,spl grds). What should the discount be and what should it be consist of? Discount, factory cash, etc?) I am not a returning VW cust.
    What should the residuals and money factors be on a 36 mo.
    and 48 mo. lease for this vehicle?
    Should I expect to pay a mandatory acquisition fee to VW Credit and if so how much?
    Any other suggestions or comments in pursuing this lease?
    Thank you for your continued help.
  • gassy1carsgassy1cars Member Posts: 2
    CarMan:
    I need your help in analizing this specific deal. It is on a 2006 Jetta 2.0 Turbo with an MSRP of 25,080. 36 mo. 12K Mi per yr. lease with a residual of 54%. Cap Cost $23,548.(which is supposed to be the invoice amount). VW Acquisition Fee 575. Factor is .00107 (which is the lowest I've seen for a Jetta of any type). Monthly payment without tax 334.
    Out of pocket at inception 482.76 which is first pay't and tag transfer, etc.
    I took the weekend to think about it (to get your input)Thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    damn! i came here to ask the same question. i guess since you never received an answer, there's not point in asking, huh? Wish I knew of another place to get leasing information on the internet. :(

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

well, i visited the dealer this morning. They had the perfect jetta TDI for me (black on black with premium pack and manual trans), but they informed me that there are no deals to be had on the diesel. As a matter of fact, its just the opposite. The lease offer is through the roof on the TDI. I was quoted $500 per month for a 3 year plan and $1k down. That's just insane for a car with a $24k sticker.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• evgardnerevgardner Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I was just at a local VW dealer in NY yesterday, and was quoted $351/mo. for a 48 mo. lease on a 2006 2.0T Jetta w/ Package 2. This included $1000 on a trade in and $2800 down. Shortly after that, I called down to NC (where I'll be moving in a month or two), and was given the same quote for the same lease, but for a Package 3 w/ Navigation (also in the color i wanted!), reatailing around $31-32 g's. This is my first new car, and first time leasing. Is this a good deal for a lease, or should i try to haggle a bit more??
  • thekingtheking Member Posts: 107
    My wife leased last June a 2005.5 2.5 model..not the value package with only auto and xm on the vehicle. Nothing down with $600 due at signing (first month and reg. fees) 48mo/12k miles per year. She pays $270.00 month with an added $13.00 for Mass sales tax. Car's MSRP was $22,400 and residual is $11,300 and $350 due at end of lease...They put Aqu. fees in the 48 months of payments. :surprise:
  • evgardnerevgardner Member Posts: 2
    Original Message- "I was just at a local VW dealer in NY yesterday, and was quoted $351/mo. for a 48 mo. lease on a 2006 2.0T Jetta w/ Package 2. This included $1000 on a trade in and $2800 down. Shortly after that, I called down to NC (where I'll be moving in a month or two), and was given the same quote for the same lease, but for a Package 3 w/ Navigation (also in the color i wanted!), reatailing around $31-32 g's. This is my first new car, and first time leasing. Is this a good deal for a lease, or should i try to haggle a bit more?? "

I went back yesterday and did some haggling between the 2 dealers. I'm now down to $309/mo for 48mo/12000yr on the 2.0T automatic, Package 3 w/ an Ipod Adapter in Blue Graphite. THis does include 2800 down w/ a trade in on my car (which they're giving me $1000 for... and i'm extatic about that). I decided I really didnt need the extra Nav system. once again, this is my first time leasing, but does this sound like a good deal?
  • multiplechoicemultiplechoice Member Posts: 113
    To get an accurate assesment of your deal, we need to know the MSRP of the vehicle, the money factor that you are being charged, the residual value of the vehicle, and the cap. cost before the down payment and trade-in. Does your payment include tax? What additional fees will be added to you drive-off cost? Last month I was able to lease a GLI with pkg 0 and automatic(DSG) at $1000 below invoice for 24 months/15K per year. The money factor for April was .00069 and the residual was 62% (if I remember correctly). Car_Man is always advising against putting any kind of down payment on a lease. If you are trading in a vehicle, just have the dealer cut you a check for the value of the trade in. Many dealers try to hide extra profit by turning your focus onto the monthy lease payment, so beware of this tactic!!
  • upndwnupndwn Member Posts: 44
    Beware large capital cost reductions. The lease game from the consumer's view is best played with a minimum initial outlay. It is not just the difference between the interest you could earn on the $ vs. the interest you pay per the money factor. Remember, if the car is totalled insurance will get you out of the lease but the $2,800 you paid down will be lost. If the deal is $2,800 and $1,000 for the trade, it could be even worse.

The post above makes a good point. You need to run the numbers, there are articles here that will teach you the math. Otherwise, you won't get your best.

Audi and VW are conjoined and I got a deal on a 2005 A4 ~12/04 that I can't match for a GLI right now, (A4 Quatro, 6 sp, leather, spoiler, dual climate, front power seats, sunroof, 6 cd, etc., for 1st payment, taxes and plates out the door, plus $356/mos for 36 @ 15,000 miles/year.

Knowledge and patience can make you the winner. Also, Carman. The residual values the dealer has and the money factors charged are the keys.

The stinking sales scum will hide their profit if all you are looking for is a particular monthly payment. What if the residual is manipulated and the car has wear and tear and you need to consider buying it? What if after 4 years you find the buy out is more that 55% of MSRP? My Audi has a super high residual, there is no way that I can allow myself to want to buy it at lease end. They will never sell it to anyone else at the agreed upon price. But, my deal is so good because the MF worked out to less that 1% APR and the value depreciated was agreed to be very low.
    (By the way, I have a "small mouth" A4 with the 1.8, the "large mouth" A4s were almost $125 a month higher as soon as they arrived at the lot. So, I got clearance prices.)

Good luck and thanks for sharing your information. :)
    Would you please provide me with the money factors and residuals for the VW Jetta 2.0, GLI and GTI for the balance of May for 24/mos and 36/mos with 15,000 miles per year.

There is some 12,000 miles info and I know they charge $0.15/mile over allowance. So, I am interested to know if the extra 3,000 miles are cheaper if they are built into the lease.

Thanks.
  • jettacheckjettacheck Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man - I am going for the jetta lease offer detailed below. We really need the care for only 2 years. Are we getting a good deal? What are the key questions that I should be asking (e.g. tear and wear, mechanical problems, if the car was hit...who would pay....etc.). Would greatly appecitae any feedback as I have never leased before.

of $209/month with 2006 Jetta Value Edition with Manual Transmission
    24-month lease

$1,954 due at signing
    (excluding license, tax, options and dealer fees)

**US cars only. $209 first month's payment, $1,170 down payment, and $575 acquisition fee due at lease inception. Monthly payments total $5,016. Based on MSRP of $18,530 for a 2006 Jetta Value Edition Sedan with manual transmission, excluding title, taxes, options and dealer charges. Closed-end lease offered to highest qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. Offer ends May 31, 2006. Requires dealer contribution of $939.39, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance. At lease end lessees responsible for $0.15/mile over 24,000 miles and for damage and excessive wear. Additional charges may apply at lease end. Purchase option at lease end for $12,229.80. Dealer sets actual prices. See your Volkswagen dealer for details.
    I guess I'd better ask you to please give me the 6/06 numbers, too.
    Jetta 2.0, GLI and GTI
    24 and 36 mos.
    15,000 miles/year
    and if the over miles charge is $0.15/mile, is the charge more or less that the difference between a 12,000 and 15,000/year figure?

Thanks.
  • burnseyburnsey Member Posts: 1
    Hey Carman -

Am I getting a good deal?
    Should I lease for 24 months or 36?

I have a quote from a local VW dealership on a Jetta GLI, pkg2 with Auto box. He has quoted a sale price of $25907 with drive off fees only.

36 month lease - Lease factor 0.00119, Monthly $356, Residual 0.54

24 month lease - Lease factor 0.00061, Monthly $366, Residual 0.64

Thanks!!!!
    i would easily choose the 2-year deal for only $10 more per month.

Of course, that's because I like to switch cars. If you are just looking for transportation, you may not want to pay drive-off fees again only 2 years from now.

Hi tommyg12. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00119 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00170 and 46%. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Volkswagen is providing a $500 bonus on leases of it though VW Credit right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back gassy1cars. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00116 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00168 and 47%. I am not personally all that familiar with how much others have paid for this car lately, but I suspect that if you are in an area that has a decent amount of competition that you would be able to get one for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice before the deduction of any incentives. Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 bonus on leases of this car through VW Credit. For additional feedback on how much you should pay, stop by the following discussion: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

VW Credit charges an acquisition fee of $575 on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gassy1cars. Dealer invoice is a good price for this car. Furthermore, the lease money factor that you were quoted for it is in line with VW Credit's current buy rate. Having said this, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $318 with the payment of a security deposit and $324 with the deposit waived. I would want to know why these numbers are different than the payment that you were quoted if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
    You're absolutely right, qbrozen. Volkswagen's lease program for the Jetta TDI is not very attractive right now. This makes sense, given the increased demand for diesel vehicles now that gas prices are approaching $3.00 a gallon again. If you want a Jetta TDI, you would be better off financing or paying cash for it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.