Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Looking for Numbers Check on Lease

turdfergturdferg Member Posts: 1
edited July 2017 in Honda
Year: [2017]
Make, Model, and Trim: [Honda CRV EX AWD]
Months/Annual Mileage: [36/12K]
Zip Code: [19301]
MSRP [$29,500]
Sale Price [$26,472]
Cap Reduction [$1000]
Cap Cost [$25,472]
Residual [$17,700]
MF [0.0017]
Monthly Payment before tax [$289]

Looking to make sure these numbers seem fair? I still have 2x payments left on my current Honda lease which will need to be rolled into this. One issue I have is that the dealer wants to use a different leasing company than Honda Finance, whom I currently lease with. He says he'll cut me a check for the $350 disposition fee, but will "need" to roll that $350 into this new lease - meaning I'll be paying the interest on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    turdferg said:

Year: [2017]
    Make, Model, and Trim: [Honda CRV EX AWD]
    Months/Annual Mileage: [36/12K]
    Zip Code: [19301]
    MSRP [$29,500]
    Sale Price [$26,472]
    Cap Reduction [$1000]
    Cap Cost [$25,472]
    Residual [$17,700]
    MF [0.0017]
    Monthly Payment before tax [$289]

Looking to make sure these numbers seem fair? I still have 2x payments left on my current Honda lease which will need to be rolled into this. One issue I have is that the dealer wants to use a different leasing company than Honda Finance, whom I currently lease with. He says he'll cut me a check for the $350 disposition fee, but will "need" to roll that $350 into this new lease - meaning I'll be paying the interest on it.

Thanks

What bank do they want to use?

The MF is lower than for Honda Finance (theirs is .00200), but I'd worry about end of lease costs. Third party banks often don't care as much about customer retention, so you might be surprised by the end of lease charges.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4