Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a lease expiring and got offered the chance to extend it for a month or more? A journalist from a national media outlet would like to chat; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/13 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Leasing a 2018 Audi Q3, is it worth it?

mikehawk1mikehawk1 Posts: 6
edited July 2017 in Audi
Looking to lease a 2018 Q3, heres a detailed quote i got. Was wondering if i should take it

MSRP: 38,615.00
CAP: 35,250.00
CAP REDUCTION: $1977.74
REBATE: $1250.00 (i think the applied the rebate in the msrp + some discount to get the cap $)
ANNUAL MILES: 10K
RESUAL: 62%
MONEY FACTOR: .00177
MONTH TERM: 36 MONTHS

(Lease Acquisition: $895
LICENSE AND registration fee: $289
Sales Tax: $1207.53
)


AMOUNT PAID IN CASH: $5000 < 1st month rent is free so its not included

Monthly rent: 323.53
Tagged:

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,820
    mikehawk1 said:

    Looking to lease a 2018 Q3, heres a detailed quote i got. Was wondering if i should take it

    MSRP: 38,615.00
    CAP: 35,250.00
    CAP REDUCTION: $1977.74
    REBATE: $1250.00 (i think the applied the rebate in the msrp + some discount to get the cap $)
    ANNUAL MILES: 10K
    RESUAL: 62%
    MONEY FACTOR: .00177
    MONTH TERM: 36 MONTHS

    (Lease Acquisition: $895
    LICENSE AND registration fee: $289
    Sales Tax: $1207.53
    )


    AMOUNT PAID IN CASH: $5000 < 1st month rent is free so its not included

    Monthly rent: 323.53

    What is the adjusted CAP cost, after your upfront money and the rebate?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mikehawk1mikehawk1 Posts: 6
    Adjusted cap cost : 32,022.26
  • mikehawk1mikehawk1 Posts: 6
    kyfdx said:

    mikehawk1 said:

    Looking to lease a 2018 Q3, heres a detailed quote i got. Was wondering if i should take it

    MSRP: 38,615.00
    CAP: 35,250.00
    CAP REDUCTION: $1977.74
    REBATE: $1250.00 (i think the applied the rebate in the msrp + some discount to get the cap $)
    ANNUAL MILES: 10K
    RESUAL: 62%
    MONEY FACTOR: .00177
    MONTH TERM: 36 MONTHS

    (Lease Acquisition: $895
    LICENSE AND registration fee: $289
    Sales Tax: $1207.53
    )


    AMOUNT PAID IN CASH: $5000 < 1st month rent is free so its not included

    Monthly rent: 323.53

    What is the adjusted CAP cost, after your upfront money and the rebate?
    Adjusted cap cost : 32,022.26
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,820
    mikehawk1 said:

    Adjusted cap cost : 32,022.26

    The calculations are good. Looks like a fair price, as well.
    I wouldn't put $5000 upfront on a lease, though.

    With just your license/registration of $289 upfront, the payment would be $462/mo.
    That's how I would structure it. (and, basically, that's your true cost)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mikehawk1mikehawk1 Posts: 6
    kyfdx said:

    mikehawk1 said:

    Adjusted cap cost : 32,022.26

    The calculations are good. Looks like a fair price, as well.
    I wouldn't put $5000 upfront on a lease, though.

    With just your license/registration of $289 upfront, the payment would be $462/mo.
    That's how I would structure it. (and, basically, that's your true cost)
    They would charge my cc $5,000. What i don't get is what exactly is the down payment i'm putting down, just trying to lower my monthly payments
    Also the mf seems high.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,820
    mikehawk1 said:

    kyfdx said:

    mikehawk1 said:

    Adjusted cap cost : 32,022.26

    The calculations are good. Looks like a fair price, as well.
    I wouldn't put $5000 upfront on a lease, though.

    With just your license/registration of $289 upfront, the payment would be $462/mo.
    That's how I would structure it. (and, basically, that's your true cost)
    They would charge my cc $5,000. What i don't get is what exactly is the down payment i'm putting down, just trying to lower my monthly payments
    Also the mf seems high.
    $895 + $289 + $1207 come out of the $5000, leaving $2609 for CAP cost reduction.

    You could put $10K down, and really lower the payment, but that doesn't actually make it any cheaper. Those are just mind games. The actual cost is about $460/mo, no matter how you slice it.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • mikehawk1mikehawk1 Posts: 6
    kyfdx said:

    mikehawk1 said:

    kyfdx said:

    mikehawk1 said:

    Adjusted cap cost : 32,022.26

    The calculations are good. Looks like a fair price, as well.
    I wouldn't put $5000 upfront on a lease, though.

    With just your license/registration of $289 upfront, the payment would be $462/mo.
    That's how I would structure it. (and, basically, that's your true cost)
    They would charge my cc $5,000. What i don't get is what exactly is the down payment i'm putting down, just trying to lower my monthly payments
    Also the mf seems high.
    $895 + $289 + $1207 come out of the $5000, leaving $2609 for CAP cost reduction.

    You could put $10K down, and really lower the payment, but that doesn't actually make it any cheaper. Those are just mind games. The actual cost is about $460/mo, no matter how you slice it.
    Is 460/month with 0 down worth it or that's still too high?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,820
    mikehawk1 said:

    kyfdx said:

    mikehawk1 said:

    kyfdx said:

    mikehawk1 said:

    Adjusted cap cost : 32,022.26

    The calculations are good. Looks like a fair price, as well.
    I wouldn't put $5000 upfront on a lease, though.

    With just your license/registration of $289 upfront, the payment would be $462/mo.
    That's how I would structure it. (and, basically, that's your true cost)
    They would charge my cc $5,000. What i don't get is what exactly is the down payment i'm putting down, just trying to lower my monthly payments
    Also the mf seems high.
    $895 + $289 + $1207 come out of the $5000, leaving $2609 for CAP cost reduction.

    You could put $10K down, and really lower the payment, but that doesn't actually make it any cheaper. Those are just mind games. The actual cost is about $460/mo, no matter how you slice it.
    Is 460/month with 0 down worth it or that's still too high?
    The deal seems okay, given the parameters of the lease program. That doesn't make it a great vehicle to lease. You'll have to decide if it's worth it to you.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.