Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 smart car not safe for women

xaahidaxaahida Posts: 1
edited July 2017 in smart
i have a 2016 smart car & i've loved it, until recently that is. i had a flat tire due to a sidewall tear. when i bought the car, the dealer sang the praises of the fix it kit, but neglected to mention that it's useless (as are "run flat" tires) for a sidewall tear. because the smart lacks a spare tire, i was stranded. roadside assistance is useful only if you have cell phone service & dead zones abound. no service & you're at the mercy of strangers. problem #2: only one company worldwide makes tires for the car, so finding one can be difficult. it took 8 hours to get my tire changed! i have been in communication with mercedes about this issue & urge others to contact them & post on forums. smart cars need spare tires! my solution has been to order a tire & rim to keep in the car as a spare. no one knows how long it will take for the tire to arrive, so until then my fingers are crossed...

Comments