Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Warranty on a Leased Lexus Vehicle? Can it start earlier than the lease date?

leon2012leon2012 Member Posts: 8
edited August 2017 in Lexus
I just ran a CARFAX report on a specific car offered to me for lease. The carfax report states that it’s a new vehicle…however, the approximate start date of warranty shows as 1/17. So, even though it shows that the vehicle’s pre-delivery inspection took place this month and it only has a few miles, the months on the warranty have been running since January. The warranty will still cover the lease term, but is it normal?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    leon2012 said:

I just ran a CARFAX report on a specific car offered to me for lease. The carfax report states that it’s a new vehicle…however, the approximate start date of warranty shows as 1/17. So, even though it shows that the vehicle’s pre-delivery inspection took place this month and it only has a few miles, the months on the warranty have been running since January. The warranty will still cover the lease term, but is it normal?

Thank you.

Where are you getting the warranty start date information?

It's possible the dealer showed it as sold, to get an incentive in January. Or, they put it into their demo/loaner car program. It happens a lot. As you noted, as long as the warranty covers the lease term, it shouldn't matter.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator