Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Run Flat Tires

Comments

• shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    "Just read a post by someone who said he had ruined the handling of his Mini by removing his. The tire design is built into the suspension calibration."

I find quotes like that HIGHLY suspicious. RTFs are heavy, and like it or don't, weight is not the friend of good handling. Show me a car with good suspension and RFTs and I'll show you a car with a great suspension and GFTs.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • ckh19ckh19 Member Posts: 9
    Did you replace your RFTs with regular tires using the OEM rims? I thought the rims were designed for RFTs and not all tire shops have the equipment to mount. Also, how did that the affect the tire pressure monitoring system if any? I can't stand driving the car with BS EL42s!!
    nskbklyn -

Did you replace your RFTs with regular tires using the OEM rims? I thought the rims were designed for RFTs and not all tire shops have the equipment to mount. Also, how did that the affect the tire pressure monitoring system if any? I can't stand driving the car with BS EL42s!!
    The only RFT type of tire that uses a proprietary rim technology is the Michelin PAX system used on some Honda and Acura cars. Conventional RFTs, such as those used on all BMWs with factory RFTs, use conventional rims and mounting techniques.

FWIW, there are MANY folks who've mounted regular tires (dubbed Gets Flat Tires or simply GFTs) on E90 BMWs, and so far at least, the reports have been nothing but positive. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • tomboy410tomboy410 Member Posts: 3
    NK: Thanks for your reply. I realize that happy customers are generally not the ones to post to this site so your reply is appreciated. I haven't reviewed the European press on this issue so may do that.

Best regards,

TB
    Shipo - thank you. Good info.
  • nkeennkeen Member Posts: 313
    One other thing to consider -- hasn't the tire pressure monitor been moved from the ABS to the wheel on the 2007 models? (Not sure how this revised technology works -- using pressure as opposed to rolling circumference?) If so, as I think the Edmunds GFT v RFT camparo pointed out, you've got to contend with replacing that if you have a flat and use the compound to reflate the tire. Do you want to rely on the dealer or tire shop to get all the nonstandard work right (gunk removal, pressure monitor replacement)?

Shipo re weight, I understand your argument. The complaint in the post I read about switching to GFTs centered around vagueness and squishiness to the handling. This rings true as the springs have presumably been softened to compensate for the hardness of the tires. I can sense from my own car that a lot of the precision around center is related to that hardness and stiffness in the sidewall -- the spring rates with ZSP don't feel that firm. The work has shifted from the tire to the suspension.

One other thought -- C/D, Edmunds, CAR, etc., all raved about E90s they had tested with RFTs, presumably mostly RE050As.

Regards, NK
    Pending the point where the newly engaged blueguydotcom (congrats Blue :shades:) chimes in here to offer his first hand experiences from switching to GFTs on his E90 SP, I'll just make a few comments based upon general knowledge.

"Shipo re weight, I understand your argument. The complaint in the post I read about switching to GFTs centered around vagueness and squishiness to the handling. This rings true as the springs have presumably been softened to compensate for the hardness of the tires. I can sense from my own car that a lot of the precision around center is related to that hardness and stiffness in the sidewall -- the spring rates with ZSP don't feel that firm. The work has shifted from the tire to the suspension."

Something about the above assumptions don't feel quite right.
    1) If anything, I would assume that the spring rate on cars meant to have factory RFTs would be increased over what it would have been if GFTs were intended for factory fitment.
    2) In an effort to dampen out some of the hardness of the tires, I would assume that the shocks and struts would have increased capabilities as well.
    3) ZSP equipped BMWs have never felt all that firm compared to "Sport Suspension" equipped competitors. BMW seems to be the master of dialing in great handling without sacrificing suspension compliance. Why? Don't know for sure, however, I've always taken it for granted that this was because of the rough cobble stone roads (thinking Paris at the moment) that these cars need to negotiate fairly near to home.
    4) Regarding vagueness and squishiness, IIRC, our intrepid member blueguydotcom has commented that his new GFTs have increased the precision of his 330i SP. That corresponds nicely with how I would think the conversion would work.

"One other thought -- C/D, Edmunds, CAR, etc., all raved about E90s they had tested with RFTs, presumably mostly RE050As."

Yeah, true, however, my bet is that if they had the same cars shod with GFTs they would have raved even more. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • utahjakeutahjake Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone contacted the Federal Trade Commission or looked into a class action lawsuit? I fixed my run flat problem by buying an Audi. Far better car than BMW. I noticed the 2006 BMW 3 series is definitely not holding a good resale. Glad I'm out of that mess.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Utah, the 2006 3 series was a lame duck and anyone who did even a bit of research knew that going in. The turbo in the 07s was well known, so you bought a car that was destined to be a one-off model. I have a 2006 330i. Of course, I leased mine for 2 years expressly because of the impending 335i.

As for fixing a problem by getting a VW product...uh, weird logic. Out of the pan...
  • dieseltaylordieseltaylor Member Posts: 3
    I went off BMW's when a neighbout here in the UK chopped in his Three series because of the harsh ride and got a Jag. The cost and hassle of getting rid of the RFT's with no guarantee of smoothness made up his mind. I have bought a Cayman which is probably less hard on suspension but then its a sports car so goes with the territory.

I have been researching into in tire valves and putting gunk in is going to destroy the sensor - that will be another $100 then. Harsh ride sucks given that rarely can you use the performance fully anyway.

What I do not understand is here in Europe its pretty damm dense with people and garages so RFT's is no big problem but I sure as hell would not like to driving around most of the US with the wide open spaces and RFT's a rarity.

Motor Tire Dealer recently published an interesting 8 page piece on the problems of TPMS for tire shops following a November conference on Intelligent Tires. Well worth reading - note that Goodyear are working to perfect putting batteryless sensors in car tires alongside the RFID. Once they crack that life will be good for everyone. I think they are the same sensors as Honeywell sell to Michelin for its new truck tire system.
    ">link title
    a href="
    http://www.moderntiredealer.com/t_inside.cfm?action=art_det&storyid=1356&pgNum=2-
  • designmandesignman Member Posts: 2,129
    Thanks for the link. Interesting. It will be a while if ever before I understand how RFTs and TPMSs are more beneficial than the simpler world we are coming from with spare tires and monitoring tire pressure conventionally. Anyway, here’s a ray of hope from the article:

“When combined with the inevitable delays in availability and the dependence on the OEM dealer supply chain, he projects that customer dissatisfaction will begin to rise within the next four to six years. I personally think it's already on the rise and could become a political hot potato by then.”

“If the government gets enough pressure from voters because the systems are impossible to maintain and ridiculously expensive, the TPMS requirement could be repealed.”
  • guerryguerry Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 BMW 325 with Bridgestone Turanzas. They started off great. After 11,000 miles, I noticed a rougher ride and sound. Now at 23,000 miles, I feel like I'm driving a truck. I leased the car so I didn't want to get new tires too soon... Afraid I'll have to replace them again when I turn the car back in. I did talk to BMW leasing and they mentioned I might want to try another brand but of course they have to be a decent run-flat brand.
    Anyone know of a good brand of run-flats? I hear Continentals are pretty good. I doubt I will ever get another BMW because the dealer wasn't very honest about the tires. I have been reading about so many other owners who are having the same problems.
  • tpjcourtneytpjcourtney Member Posts: 34
    The tpms has only been moved on the coupe to the valve stems, the sedan has the original system for 07's. And yes, the coupe has a true pressure monitor in the stem vs rolling circ used by the sedan.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Regards, NK
  • azapazap Member Posts: 1
    I am another disappointed owner of a BMW with run-flats. I am on my second set in approximately one year. The first set was making loud road noise and had worn unevenly in less than six months. Though not under warranty, the dealer replaced the tires at not cost in a show of good faith. I had hoped the original set was just a fluke. To my dismay, the second set has suffered the same wear problems, loss of pressure, and LOUD road noise. I live in a winter climate area and am now concerned about safety. Will these tires be safe to drive on wintery roads? And, can you equip the car with non-run-flats and be okay? I asked my service technician that question and he didn't have a clear answer about non-run-flats. Any advice? If I can't solve this, I am definitely purchasing a non-BMW soon.
    azap - I'll let you know. Just bought a set (4) of Yokohama GFTs to replace the OEM Bridgstone Turanza EL42 on my 2006 330xi. I only have 4K miles on the OEM tires but can't stand them anymore. I have talked to various contacts including tire shop, BMW dealer, independent hi-performance aftermarket tire installers and they all say it won't be a problem and more and more customers w/RFTs are replacing the tires due to harshness and rough wear. I also bought a ContiComfortKit since I won't have a spare.
  • gs03ggwgs03ggw Member Posts: 4
    just leased for 2 year 328i with sports package since a lot people say sports package should suit the rft better. will wait and see if end of the lease the car still holds.
    I put on Turanza NON run flat tires on my 2006 BMW 330xi in November. I did this after talking to Firestone reps, BMW technicians, BMW mechanics and researching the issue. I had absolutely no problems with the non run flats AND it made the car handle better, including in snow. I, however, could not resolve the issue of no spare tire, no place for a spare time and just carrying the ContiComfort Kit so I got rid of the car and bought an Audi A4. I found the A4 to be much more car than the 330 for less money. I won't go back to BMW after my experience with the dealer and others over the run flats.
    No weird logic in my book. Anyway, with the proposed restructuring, Audi will be part of the Porsche group. I still find it to be much more car than the 330i but then I'm not into driving a Buick which is what the 330i has become.
    While I agree with your view of the e90, I'm a tad confused by the belief going to an Audi will somehow improve drivability, reliability, etc. I like Audi's products and often wish someone would steal my 330i so i could go buy a GTI but I will do that knowing (past VW/Audi experience) I'll be stepping into a car that'll be less than a BMW in just about every way (less power, less roadholding ability, less reliable and less weight/size).
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
    "less reliable"

I guess that is relative because my four year old Audi A4 was bulletproof and our 325 has been in the shop 4 times in 13 months... plus there is the whole tire thing.

BMW will do whatever they want, because they are BMW and people will keep buying cars from them. Personally, I recently chose a new Audi over a BMW specifically due to my distaste for the runflats on our 325 and the dealer associated experience. My feeling is that BMW could care less that they lost my business, but I feel better about the decision.
    My experience with both makes = dismal reliability.

Dealer service is decent but my dealer always puts me in cruddy rental cars and rarely in BMWs.

I considered dumping my 330i expressly because of the horrible ride and handling with RFTs. Switching to normal tires made the car livable but still boring.
  • lipplipp Member Posts: 58
    I own a BMW 325I and I had RFT problems also. I will never buy a BMW again due to the attitude of BMWNA and the dealers in general.I resolved my problem with a changeover from Bridgestone to Conti's, but I don't need to spend $40,000 for a free maintenance program and get the aggravation package thrown in for free. I will start shopping in the spring and my short list includes Mercedes, Audi, Lexus and Infinity. BMW is off the list because they are the least customer oriented company in the car industry. My last BMW was just that...my LAST BMW.
  • highlandpetehighlandpete Member Posts: 46
    Just found your forum. Been doing a lot of research on this run-flat issue.

We have the same problems over the ‘pond’. I’m in Scotland and I’m running a 330d touring (station wagon) on stock (non sport) suspension and 17” wheels. 225/45 R17’s tyres all round.

I’m on the latest Bridgestone Potenza RE050 A II. Was running 2.1/2.2 bar on the front, 2.6 rears. Increased the front to 2.3 bar, to eliminate the worst steering problems in colder temperatures.

To be totally honest, having lived with the RFT’s, I wish BMW hadn’t bothered. They spoil a good car. Bad when cold, constant ‘fidget’ on anything but a smooth surface, no straight line stability on some of our roads. The lack of stability almost feels as if you have a soft tyre. It is not like the ‘normal’ tram-lining, it is the strangest feeling, several times it has felt like ‘torque steer’ on a FWD high powered car. Very weird feeling. There’s the feeling you are on ice. There is a problem of crossing transverse ridges in the road. If you hit one in mid corner there is a definite unnerving ‘jump’ that normal rubber does not have.

The car is shaking/vibrating on anything but the best surfaces. The steering is unpredictable and the ride unnerving. As an example of the steering feel, hold the wheel in mid position and you can feel the wheels pulling left and right under you. It’s tugging on the wheel. Try and drive a smooth line through a bend and gently feed the steering, it can ‘suddenly’ take a bite and pull you in quite dramatically. Correct it and it can equally ‘snatch a bite’ the other way.

In wet weather it is worse, very unnerving.

Plus the strange and rapid tyre wear. The front tyres soon started to show a forward facing ‘saw tooth’ form on the outer tread block of both wheels. By 4,000-miles this was very pronounced, was also showing on the rear tyres as well. So I went to our local tyre shop for a visual inspection and comment. The guy reckoned as “all wheels” were showing a similar pattern it looked more like tyre wear, peculiar to the RFT’s, rather than an alignment problem.

Since then the outer tread block has become even more peculiar. Does look as if the tyres have been grossly under-inflated, but…. from the outer groove there is now a ‘pronounced step’ to the outer tread blocks. From 7mm on the inner, continuous side of the groove, to 3.5 – 5mm on the open tread side of the groove. The insides are also wearing, but as there is an additional continuous band the pattern is different, but the ‘step’ is still there.

Have changed front wheels side to side, to reverse the wear pattern this has helped the noise levels, which were building up quite badly, but not changed anything else.

I’ve been on to BMW Customer Services UK, but to be honest a waste of time.

In the process of preparing to experiment with normal rubber. Putting on a set of Goodyear F1’s on another set of 17” rims.

Many guys in the UK are fitting GFT’s to 1/3/5-series, Z4, Mini, cars. Some with the support of the dealers.

BMW don’t want me to do it, but offer no other solution. I’ve asked for winter RFT’s (as the whole thing falls apart even more at lower ambient temperatures), but BMW UK do not support winter RFT’s in the UK!!!!! Bridgestone don’t even import their Blizzak to the UK. Sort of stuffed!

BMWland.co.uk forum members have changed to normal rubber with positive results. It’s a hot topic here as well.

IMO, BMW have messed up big time.

HighlandPete
  • ericg2ericg2 Member Posts: 3
    I have 30k miles on my car and have now gone through my 2nd pair of RFT's. My 1st was the Bridgestone Turanza's and my second was the Bridgestone Potenza's (I had to replace my Turanza's right before the Continental RFT's came out). I listened to all the talk that maybe I didn't rotate, check tire pressure, etc. on my 1st set so I was diligent on the 2nd set. I checked tire pressure weekly (I ran it at 28 front / 35 rear beacuse 29/36 made the ride too bumpy) and rotated every 5000. My 1st set lasted 16000 miles and these will be lucky to make it to 16000. I had all the same problems with both sets that all other posts have mentioned with these tires.
    I'm going with non-RFT's this time. The potential risk of having a flat (I haven't had one in year - knock on wood) doesn't outweight the fact that this car is no fun to drive with RFT's. I spend all my time thinking about the tires instead of driving the car!
    With that said - any suggestions on non-RFT's for 330i non sport (225/45/R17)? I read the excellent article on the Kumho Ecsta ASX's and I am definitely leaning toward those. I'm also looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Yokohama ADVAN S4, and the Sumitomo HTR+. Any suggestions from others who have gone to non-RFT's?
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    I am considering Audi or Infinity for my next lease also. I will switch at the end of '08 so plenty of time to research. By then, the 335 will have some road time to compare feed back vs. competition which is very high in this segment.

I think the RFT's will get better 'cause it can't get much worse than what has been reported so far internationally. Audi, Infinity and Lexus made a great tactical move by staying with the gft's.

Regards,
    OW
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    Interesting post. Thanks.

I had occasion on a business trip to visit Lockerbie a year or so ago. Scotland is a place I wish to visit again, with more of my own time to spare.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • rockerbox28rockerbox28 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 325i and at 15k miles the tires are shot. I guess some of it has to do with the tread wear rating of 180. My first BMW and my be my last.
    Why would you expect more than 15k miles out of a car with summer performance tires?
    Depends on how we drive.

I was getting 20k+ miles on 540i rear tyres, almost 30K miles on the fronts.

My RFT Bridgestones are awful, because the wear is knocking off the complete outer tread block. Not like 'normal' rubber wear.

HighlandPete
    We hope RFT's will get better.

My dealer is in major discussions with BMW UK Technical Department tomorrow, at their garage, (Tuesday UK time).

There are 3 of us, unknown to each other, who are reporting almost identical driving scenarios. The issues of these 3 cars are being addressed for a solution. I hope to be able to report more, later this week, as to what BMW's 'solution' is proposed to be.

Meanwhile my GFT's should be fitted by Wednesday. Tyres are being mounted tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to fit the wheels and try a decent bit of rubber again, Goodyear F1's.

HighlandPete
    ericg2 -

I just switched the OEM Bridgestone Turanze EL42s to Yokohama AVID H4S and bought the ContiComfortKit as a spare. So far, I've noticed much less tire noise and the impact harshness is much better. The tires are not nearly as heavy as the RFTs either. I got a note from Motor Week that the handling will suffer with GFTs because the car was tuned for RFTs but I haven't noticed any major difference and frankly, if you are not driving it at 9/10ths, it is a moot point. Good luck.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Sorry for my ignorance, I have never had experience with RFT or summer tire. Are you saying that 15k miles is what one can reasonably expect from these tires? I tested drive 335i over the weekend and loved it. However, if I am to shell out $1,200+ per year (that's $100 a month!) just for the tires, I would have to rethink it.

Reading the RFT thread, I am also considering change to GFT if I do get the 335i. My question is (1) would that affect warranty? (2) if I lease, am I required to return with RFT when lease is up? (3) what kind of mileage range can one expect from all-season GFT?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    15k is about all I ever expect from any kind of performance tire. Two BMWs and I've never seen over 15k miles with 18s.

1 Normal tires will not impact warranty coverage at all.
    2 You must return the car with RFTs
    With or without ZSP? The former has high performance summers; the base suspension has all seasons (EL42s or Contis). Don't know the wear ratings on the GFT all-seasons you'd get, but the GFTs would probably last longer than RE050s on the ZSP car.
    ...I defer to BlueGuy on this one --he has the experience, I dont.
    It would be manual with ZSP. I checked TireRack. There are many more options (and less expensive) of tires for the base 335i, but only one choice (or lack of it) for 335i w/ZSP. But what fun do I have without ZSP? :confuse:
    Agreed, whatever the merits or lack of them of RFTs, ZSP is the way to go.
    Ummm, what am I missing? I just checked TireRack for the 335i SP and found 18 different matched sets (225/45 R18 Front, 255/35 R18 Rear) of tires. Said sets of four tires range from $472 for the Kumho ECSTA ASX (Ultra High Performance All-Season GFT, UTQG: 420 AA A) on the low end to a whopping $1,094 for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT (Max Performance Summer, UTQG: 140 A A). Take your pick. ;)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    re Something about the above assumptions don't feel quite right.
    1) If anything, I would assume that the spring rate on cars meant to have factory RFTs would be increased over what it would have been if GFTs were intended for factory fitment.
    2) In an effort to dampen out some of the hardness of the tires, I would assume that the shocks and struts would have increased capabilities as well.

I'm having a hard time finding any meaningful docs about what tuning for runflats means. The best I've managed is this:

The automakers have also started tuning their suspensions specifically for run-flats. One tweak is relaxing the “durometer,” or stiffness of the suspension bushings, to help cushion impacts that would better absorbed by a conventional tire.

at: Run-flat Link

Regards, NK
    Hmmm, softer bushings huh? I seriously doubt that those bushings will affect the handling much at all, however, at the bleeding edge of handling, stiffer bushings would improve handling of both GFT and RFT shod car alike.

I've run across a few posts on other boards from folks who've been tracking their E90s, and in every case, those who've dumped the RFTs in favor of GFTs have, in every case, lowered their lap times. So much for negatively affecting the handling of the car. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Shipo, you are correct in that there are 18 matched sets of tires in the sizes for 335i SP. However, if you click on "show only RFT", you got ONE set -- yup, the OEM Potenza RE050A. The cost is going to be over $1,200 ($1,094 + shipping + mounting + alignment) for every 15k miles. Ouch! :sick:
    Hmmm, as I have a decided preference for GFTs, I guess the selection works in my favor. ;) That said, if RFTs are all someone is looking for, the options are few and far between. :(

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    re 've run across a few posts on other boards from folks who've been tracking their E90s, and in every case, those who've dumped the RFTs in favor of GFTs have, in every case, lowered their lap times. So much for negatively affecting the handling of the car.

Undoubtedly why the Corvette Z06 and BMW M6 use GFTs. However, my car isn't likely to find its way to a track. For my more prosaic needs, the RE050As feel good, and I like the way the tires feel at the limit. I come back to the issues of practicality -- no spare, although I see issues with price and availability for now -- and pressure loss safety at higher speeds. I can't argue with your point about unsprung weight.
    "I come back to the issues of practicality -- no spare, although I see issues with price and availability for now -- and pressure loss safety at higher speeds."

I absolutely agree, it's a trade-off with the E90 either way you look at it. I suppose the best of all worlds relative to security would be to have RFTs and a Spare Tire, while the best for those that drive at 10/10ths would be GFTs and a Spare Tire. Unfortunately neither of those options exist with the E90, and that is where the decision lies, does a person A) deal with the idiosyncrasies of the RFTs or, B) does he or she decide to dump the RFTs in favor of GFTs and a can of flat goo. I really don't think there is one correct answer for everyone, just individual choice. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I agree. I just start to bristle when I read about proposed class action suits, etc. Not quite a parallel, but it reminds me of the Audi sudden acceleration thing -- all over 60 Minutes because someone expected a big wide brake pedal. Nearly destroyed Audi in the US market.

Sudden acceleration
    RFT’s are Off, F1’s are On!

First impressions… I can steer again, without looking like an amateur.

Car is quieter, less tyre noise and generally less suspension intrusion. A strange sort of quiet I’m not used to in this car.

It wasn’t the best day to try a comparison, new tyres, sticky road and only 2 - 4°C, but enough to know with a bit of warmer weather, and tyres scuffed off a bit, should be pretty good. Although it bodes well, if it’s much better on summer tyres at 2°C.

I took it for about 25-miles on a road I’m driving several times a week. There were so many differences, I need to repeat it to take in all changes.

The crashing has gone, still a pretty firm ride, and steering so much more precise. No tram-lining, no taking its own line in corners, softening out the ridges, the vibration though the seat and car, gone as well. One or two places where it normally crashes badly, did sense it could be damped better, now the feeling is normal car stuff.

I need more time at the wheel to get a better feel for the dynamics. But I wouldn’t push it today with just a few miles on the tyres and the conditions not really what I wanted for the first try.

Update… had the 'boss' with me this morning; she is amazed at the difference on familiar roads.

As passenger, she says it is the lack of noise that impresses first of all. That's what I found yesterday. She doesn't mean tyre noise, although that is so much better. It is the 'total noise', in the car, caused by the crashing/vibrations of the suspension, now 'felt' by its absence.

Now there is a smoothness and maturity the 330d NEVER had. So much more relaxed and peaceful 'and' planted on the road. The constant vibration through the car, felt through the seats and steering is totally gone, the steering wheel is now solid in feel. My wife says "it now feels safe". "No feelings of lurching about", believe this, "firmer on the road".

The Go-Kart sensation, of darting about, is thankfully gone. It steers with precision, flows and feeds through bends as this car has never done. It is clear the RFT's throw the car about, cause the feeling of an under damped/uncontrolled car. Then it is obvious really, the damping is at odds with the RF tyre behaviour.

I tried one of the worst bends we have near home, catches many out. It is an easy 60 -70mph bend in a decent BMW. The 330d would do it at 60mph (in the summertime, but unpredictable this time of year) in a sort of 'correct it mid bend' fashion. This morning it flowed through the bend with feel and a proper line, one I've not experienced in this car before.

Worth doing, you bet it is!!!

Shame there is no wheel well in the E90/1's. The biggest shout of complaint herein the UK there is no option!

Have mobility kit and jack,etc. will carry a spare when i'm out in the more remote Highlands. Not ideal but for a real BMW drive again it is worth it.

HighlandPete
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    Excellent report.

Thanks.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • igglesiggles Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone confirm this bulletin on e90post.com? It says that BMW/Bridgestone will replace the EL-42 RFT's with up to 20,000 miles on them. The owner pays 50% if there are 10,000 to 20,000 miles. I just replaced my Bridgestones with Michelin Pilot Exaltos (at my own cost) after my dealer declined to replace them.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43594