-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Car Buying Advice - 2017 Highlander Limited or 2017 Honda Pilot Touring?

igotmy5igotmy5 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in Toyota
We are a family of five. Debating the pros/cons of Highlander vs. Pilot. We have test driven both SUV and they seemed reasonably equal. 3rd row seating in Pilot was a bit more comfortable. However, Highlander interior and styling was better. If you bought a 2017 Highlander, please provide some reasons why you chose the Highlander over other competitors. I am leaning towards Toyota for quality and name. Please advise.

Any guess on what is a good price for a 2017 Highlander Limited in Texas? Any deals or discounts coming out at the end of 2017?

thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Options
    BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @igotmy5 Thanks for reaching out! Styling and reliability definitely point toward the Highlander. I believe that is where it ends. The Honda has more interior space, is a very reliable brand and has better resale value. After 5 years and 75K miles the Highlander will be worth 39% of its original MSRP. The Honda will be worth 43%.

I appraised a base Limited Highlander in Texas using Edmunds True Market Value. Edmunds True Market Value or TMV pricing is a powerful tool that helps shoppers get a good deal on a new or used car. Based on actual sales data, TMV is a guide to what other people in your area paid for the same car. According to TMV, a base Limited has an MSRP of $43,070 and an average selling price of $40,283. There is currently a $500 dollar customer cash rebate, bringing the adjusted TMV down to $39,783. Anything below this would be a good deal.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

• Options
    igotmy5igotmy5 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your detailed explanation. I have never used Edmund's TMV before for research.  I will definitely look at it to be a smarter shopper. Thanks again. 
  • Options
    BlakeBlake Member Posts: 63
    Hello @igotmy5 You are welcome, and please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.