Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Azera vs Toyota Avalon vs Ford Taurus vs Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• Options
    captain2captain2 Member Posts: 3,971
    as barnstormer notes - it depends on which car. You'll have a difficult time getting any of them to actually do claimed 'City' ratings, 'Highway' generally a lot closer especially at 60-65 mph cuises. The Avalon should be the best, followed by the 500, and then, possibly the the Azera both a couple of mpg behind. My overall on my Avalon, 27 mpg on about a 70% highway (75 mph) mix. That said, I could understand results below 20 for those Avs that pretty much stay in town and/or in city traffic. From what I hear, the cars that are atrociously overrated (mpg wise) include the 300C, and any of the hybrids.
  • Options
    juiceandjajajuiceandjaja Member Posts: 1
    The SS is attractive from a price point, especially with incentives. But, it is just a sedan. For just a few more dollars you can get a the Azera, which is as close as you can get to a luxury sedan without paying 35+.
  • Options
    allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Excuse me for butting in. I'm a new Azera owner and I just put it on the road for a 4 hour trip to Greensboro, NC...from D.C. I gassed up and hit the highway, travelling roughly at an average of around 80 mph with the A/C on and the car averaged around 24 mpg.

I'm pretty sure the numbers would be close to 27-28 range if that were travelling at about 70 mph and no A/C.

I will agree that the city numbers aren't all that great, but buying a car with more horsepower usually do take a hit in the city gas mileage department.
  • Options
    surprised the Azera is that low - the Avalon at 80 with AC will be right at 29 mpg, at 70, no AC closer to 31. Not sure about the 500 but would guess 26 or 27. The Azera a heavier car than both (about 300 lbs.) and perhaps that engine not quite as high tech as what the Avalon has, or maybe a function of gearing (what is rpm at 70?). 5 mpg a significant hit over 100k miles at $3.00/gallon - about 2 grand!
  • Options
    Of course I'm only taking a guess at it, I really don't know how much of a difference it would be. Also, know that the car was loaded with 2 adults, 2 kids and a trunk full of luggage and other stuff, so the car was fully loaded. The RPM of the Azera at 80 was 2500.
  • Options
    Av's 80mph rpm only slightly less, so the mpg difference more likely a function of vehicle weight and feeding the larger displacement. But, no matter, hear that it sets some new standards for smooth and quiet?
  • Options
    Well...I can assure you, it's the smoothest & quietest Hyundai I've had the pleasure of driving. I owned an 87 Excel a ways back and then the 02 Sonata (which was a blast to drive by the way), and now this one. I've test driven the new Sonata which is definitely a huge improvement from the one I had and the 05 XG350 (which was nice, but not as nice as the Azera). Hyundai is showing the world that they are committed to continuing improvement and dedication to quality and value! That's for sure!!!
  • Options
    exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    These cars are in different parts of the market, there base versions care competetive with one another,

But the top of the line Azera, and the SS are very different. In teh Azera you get quiet and smothness, in the Impala, you get Power and DoD.

The Impala will Dust the Azera 0-60, and meyeb beat it on price too, but the Azera is more of an Avalon Wanna-be.
  • Options
    had the pleasure of a rental 06 V6 Sonata for about a week and was amazed on how much improved especially the powertrain was. Almost as quick and smooth as my wife's Altima 3.5. Hyundai making some giant strides recently, a superior alternative to what 'Detroit' has to offer, and likely soon in the backyard of the 'Japanese' Big 3!
    would be interested to know, how close to sticker the Azera currently is? Got to be a real high demand car right now...
  • Options
    Then I guess it depends on what arena you want to be in. If I wanted power sans the luxury, I'd have gotten a Dodge Charger w/Hemi...damn an Impala. However...to get an Impala to dust the Azera, you would have to get the SS model which has a V-8. The top V-6 model (LTZ) is only kicking out 243 hp. So...another contender has bitten the dust!

Me...I'm the smooth quiet type. Sorta fell in love with that when I had my 86 Supra. I was never one for the Mustangs/Camaros/Firebirds with the flowmasters and headers. I don't like em to know I'm coming! LOL
  • Options
    The 02 Sonata I had was quite nice. I mean...coming out of a 96 4 cyl. Camry. The powertrain was truly a pleasure to have. Granted, they don't have a history of dependabilty like the Japanese Big 3, but...they are well on their way to making it an Big East 4!

I paid $26, 400 for mine and I got he Limited with the premium package. Most new cars that come out don't get breaks on the price until after the market is flooded with them. I was tempted to get the 06 Sonata, after test driving one, the worked the numbers and for the LX fully loaded, I would have paid $17,800. That was only $1000 more than I paid for my 02 Sonata GLS 4 years prior!!!
  • Options
    exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    last I checked a V6 Impala was more than a few thousand less than a medium equiped Azera.

the Azera is $24,335-$26,835
    impala $20,330-$26,330
  • Options
    For which model and what options do you get?

The top of the line V-6 Impala can't hold a candle to the Azera in looks, features, options and yes, even power. Thus, it should cost about $4K less. Not only that, the Impala has an interior that is so bland and uninspiring.

Even if you take an Azera SE, you still get the 263 hp, you just don't get the leather interior and all the other creature comforts that come with the Limited.

So, technically speaking...you can go get a base model Azera SE and it'll still beat the pants off a top of the line Impala LTZ (top of the line V-6 model), and you'll still be able to get the beautiful lines, well thought out interior and not to mention that 10y/100K mile warranty to boot.

Next!!!
  • Options
    3 grand off sounds like a helluva deal, for as you say a new model that has been so highly anticipated. Bought my Avalon Touring with some options on it last April for $30k - think you might still have problems getting an Av at 10% off sticker. Hopefully, Hyundai can keep the prices up - and doesn't fall prey to 'Detroit' discount mania - all it does is cheapen the product (eventually) and hurt resale values.
  • Options
    Considering that was the out the door price...actually it was. The actual price of the car on the invoice was only $21,700. Taxes, tags and all that other stuff brought it up to the final $26K and change.

They sold the XG350 for $24-25K with no problems. When folks actually take the Azera for a test drive, they'll see that it's definitely worth more than the XG was. The Azera is starting out in sales like the 02 Sonata did. When I first bought that Sonata, I was hard pressed to find another one on the road. About 6 months later...you saw them as frequently as any Camry or Accord.

Give em time...you'll see em out there.

The car is highly anticipated and righfully so, as I stated before...there is no other name plate offering a vehicle that can match the Azera overall in the value department...they just aren't able to do that at this point in the game.

Just accpet the fact that Hyundai is doing what Honda, Toyota and Nissan did after their many years in the game...getting it right.
  • Options
    did steal off one afternoon and test drove an Azera - and thought it looked remarkably well put together and a definite upgrade from that Sonata interior which, frankly looked cheap with some sort of 'moonwood' plastic all over the place. Fun driving car that Sonata.
    The Azera - Power, economy, and fit/finish not quite there yet but pretty close considering the initial savings, and certainly better than what you generally see in those Detroit specials. Also wish there was a 'sports' model that wasn't nearly so soft (soft as in 'Buick' soft) - reason why I ended up in the Touring Avalon which is a lot different drive than the other trims - which I wouldn't buy.
  • Options
    I agree that the faux wood grain trim in the Sonata may not have been the best, but it didn't look as bad as some other attempts by other companies I had seen before. Other than that, the Sonata was well put together...never experienced any rattles or crazy vibrations anywhere.

Don't know what you expect out of a family oriented sedan as far as sport. I mean...the suspension on the Azera is pretty tight. I think an upgrade in wheel and tire package to a more sport oriented package would make a world of difference as it did on my Sonata when I put 17" wheels and 215/45-17 tires on them. The handling was markedly improved. I'm thinking the Azera would do the same thing. One thing I truly enjoy that Toyota doesn't offer...shiftable automatic transmission. Where's the sport in a fully automatic tranny???
  • Options
    jdre86jdre86 Member Posts: 30
    The Avalon has a shiftable automatic transmission also.

As quoted from Toyota's website:
    Transmission 5-speed electronically controlled automatic overdrive transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) and sequential shift
  • Options
    I stand corrected! However, there's two things...the rear seats don't fold down in the Avalon, there's no power rear sun shade. I know that's petty, but hey...they are there on the Azera. Pound for pound, the Avalon is the closest comparison the Azera, but in a value based comparison...the Azera still wins out. If you're worried about maintenance, don't. Hyundai has been proving to be more reliable each and every year. As with any car, some of that durability is dependent upon how well the owner maintains the vehicle to begin with. As in...preventive maintenance as opposed to waiting until something happens to get it fixed. I stayed on top of mine, kept the oil changed and the transmission serviced and the car (the Sonata) was wonderful. I'm envisioning the same thing with this new Azera.

I will give you this, in a world of buy and trade, the Avalon is the better choice because of value rentention. In my case, that's not an issue because I plan on keeping this car till the wheels fall off. :)
  • Options
    rear seats don't fold because they recline, not much maybe 10 degrees or so, but it does make a world of difference in rear seat comfort. The Azera is a totally new car much like the Avalon was a year ago and as such is more likely to have 'teething problems' than a car that has been in production for a while - way too early to call it a success at least from a quality standpoint. My Avalon, despite being a Toyota, has some relatively minor problems that I would not have anticipated had I bought the G35 or the TL I was also considering at the time.
  • Options
    Yes, that 10 degree recline can make a world of difference, but they could have still offered a folding option...like the Hyundai Tucson has. Don't get me wrong, the trunk is cavernous as it is, but having the availability of extra space is great!

The Avalon received some retooling, but it is far from a new car. So, Toyota had a blueprint to work with. The Azera on the other hand, completely new in every way.

While the Azera may be a new car, it has been under real world testing for the past year. I think overall, that while it may have minor issues here and there, I think that the car will be a success. Hyundai has finally gotten the equation right and now they are making use of it.

Personally, if I were to jump out there, I would have picked a G35. The TL is nice, but I ran one of those down the other day. *grin*
  • Options
    badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    The Avalon trunk is not cavernous, in fact it is about the smallest trunk in its class, approaching the volume of the trunk in many compact cars.

This makes it more important, in my opinion, to have the rears seats capable of folding down.
  • Options
    You would think Toyota execs would have thought like that, but obviously...by not having the seats fold down, it pushes consumers to either by the Avalon and deal with no cargo room, or look to one of their SUV's instead.
  • Options
    Or to a Camry, which I believe has fold down rear seats plus a larger trunk than Avalon. I don't know if the same can be said about the 2007 Camry, soon to be introduced however.

Probably Toyota looked at the demographics of the aging buyer base for Avalon and decided that large trunk space and foldable rear seats were not necessary, and most younger family buyers would head toward Camry anyways as they are more affordable.
  • Options
    Yeah, you could get the Camry, but then you take a big hit on the horse power and other amenities.

Just another reason why I truly love the Azera. You pretty much get everything you need except for a kitchen sink. :D
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330
    Just another reason why I truly love the Azera. You pretty much get everything you need except for a kitchen sink.

What? No kitchen sink? Well that leaves out the Azera for me, I need to be able to wash my dishes and prepare a salad on the way home from work.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    LOL That's what drive through is for, then you don't have to worry about dish storage!

You know...another reason I like the Azera is that while you can look at it from various angles and have it evoke thoughts of other cars on the road right now, there's nothing on the road that looks like the Azera. :shades:
  • Options
    tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    Isn't the kitchen sink a dealer installed option? :confuse: ;)
  • Options
    Actually...I think they outsource to West Coast Customs! :P
  • Options
    c'mon noew allmet - if you are gpoing to talk badly about things like a Camry, then do some research. The now available 07 Camry has the same engine 268hp as the Avalon and is slightly lighter - should leave a Sonata or an Azera in the dust - the Avalon sure does. Yes, the Avalon trunk is a couple of cubic feet smaller - there are several manufacturers who do reclining back seats - MB, Lexus, Nissan/Infiniti to name a few - and not one of them can fold down a seat that also reclines - has to do with the trunk bulkhead - pick your pleasure kind of thing.
    Can't imagine the Azera ever being able to compete really well in a 'near' luxury market without the availability of a NAV system - there are a lot of crazies out there that wouldn't have a car without one - but I guess that doesn't qualify as a kitchen sink?
  • Options
    Okay, okay, okay...that was sheer laziness on my part.

Well, considering the Sonata never had a nav system until they rolled out the 06 model...I'm sure a nav unit will become available in the Azera in the near future. Especially if Hyundai's plan is to keep up now that they've rolled out products that are worthy.
  • Options
    joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Camry/Avalon leaves Sonata/Azera in the dust?? A bit stretched, as Hyundais are not that far behind Toyota counterparts in 0-60 times.

I have test drove all four cars, all of which were top trims. Quickly going through Camry/Sonata since this isn't exactly the correct thread. Fairly even, I would say, although I'm not too sure about paying $28k for a Camry, as great as it is. Misses: headroom is considerably tighter than the outgoing model; the front grill and HVAC controls are subject item that looks questionable to me. As for the Sonata, I will refer you to the Sonata thread for more details, but it does have an edge on price and features. Overall, I'm not yet ready to make a decision as to which is better. I will try to test both cars again, but this time, will have to be back-to-back.

As for Avalon and Azera comparison – both are worthy competitors in the large sedan category and compete very well against each other. During my test drive, the 265hp Azera was just as fast as the 268hp Avalon. While I gave an edge to the Avalon in most areas, the values on the Azera just can’t be beat (costs much less while still offers neat features all-around). With those said and cost savings included, I'll take an Azera over the Avalon by a hair.

As for NAV systems, KDM model already have them equipped, and I believe they are available as a dealer-installed option here, if I'm not mistaken. Hyundai didn't bring NAV over (yet) to the states because they recognize it takes time for consumers to get adjusted to a $30K Hyundai - smart move, in my opinion. Plus, not really a big fan of NAV myself - have it on my car (got it for free), but used it only 2 of 3 times, at the most (more two years now the car being in my possession). Give me a copy of the latest McNally and a highlighter, I will take the savings and put into my investment account.
  • Options
    I like your assessment of the Camry/Sonata comparison. Main reason I ended up in a Sonata orginally...Toyota wanted $23K for a Camry equipped as my Sonata was that only paid $17K for.

Who needs nav systems when you have mapquest at your fingertips, and even on most cell phones you can get driving directions? LOL
  • Options
    pocono35pocono35 Member Posts: 89
    I was shocked at MotorTrend Tests with Azera vs. Avalon vs. Impala for 'Car of the Year'. MotorTrend stated the following when testing this car vs. the Avalon and Lucerne. It appears that MotorTrend didn't categorize the Impala with these two Sedans but I included numbers anyway.

"The Azera earned points on value, superiority, and significance, thereby wounding the (Lucerne and Avalon)and earning itself what would have been a podium finish....."

Avalon Azera Impala

As Tested $37,429 $29,995 $29,980
    Braking 60-0 132ft 122 ft* 134 ft
    0-60 6.1 6.5 5.7*
    600ft slalom 59.4 mph 63.6 mph* 60.5mp
    Horsepower 268 263 303*
    Torque 248 257 323*

The most surprising numbers here are the Azera's superior stopping distances and significant handling superiority. Now I realize that the target market is never going to really drive these cars hard enough to see a difference in the 0-60 or the handling, but I'll tell you that someone would see a difference in the 10ft braking distance advantage of the Azera. How many times have your stopped just short of someones bumper.
    Hyundai did a great job on this cars enginneering. Whoda thunk it even 5 years ago!
  • Options
    not a stretch at all - ref. recent C&D comparo - Avalon Touring/Azera Ltd/Passat 3.6 - Avalon 6.2 to 60, 15 sec 96mph quarter, Passat about the same as the Av, the Azera 7.3, 16 sec 90. Would suggest to you that this a difference you can feel all the while picking up a few mpg. The Avalon 'won' that comparison, BTW, being a best compromise in that group between ride and handling, although they had good things to say about all three. The new Camry is only slightly larger than the outgoing models and just starting to be shipped, so don't have any idea how it compares on things like interior volumes with Sonata/Accords/Altimas etc.
    As for things like NAV systems, I happen to agree and think they are a great way to waste a couple of grand for something that is rarely really needed or used and further creates high frustration levels just getting the silly things to operate. A large percentage of folks out there, won't agree with this and regardless of any 'value' consideration do consider it a must have on a 30k+ automobile. I'd personally rather have allmet's kitchen sink! And you maybe right, the consumer may not be ready for a $31 or $32k (sticker) Hyundai.
  • Options
    alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    You may want to review the Avalon v. Azera v. Passat test in last month's issue of Motor Trend, in which the Touring Avalon was abou 5K cheaper than that Limited and also posted better braking and slalom numbers... and won the comparison, with the Azera placing 3rd (still a podium finish!).
    ~alpha
  • Options
    barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    How many times have your stopped just short of someones bumper.

Those who routinely do this need remedial driving lessons, not a faster car. ;)
  • Options
    I have to admit, I glad to see Toyota finally getting in the game. I mean...intitally when Honda and Nissan jumped the Accord and Altimas up to 240 hp, Toyota sat back on their laurels and plodded along. Then...Hyundai comes along (after getting the reliablitity thing going) and puts out a 240 hp Sonata and a 263 hp Azera...I think they had enough and had no choice but to catch up. Toyota engines, like the Honda and Nissans as well, will always be solid performers. After my experience in the 02 Sonata...I'm convinced that Hyundai engines, while not quite up there with the others, is knocking on their back doors and letting them know...we will be reckoned with.

As far as the navigation thing goes...some are actually a headache to own if you have to buy software for it every year. Either that, or pay more for the satilite based models that don't need updating. However, a nav system won't push the price paid over $30K for an Azera. I mean...a Limited with the ultimate package is stickered at $31K, and a nav would add maybe $1500 ($2K if they make it a nav/DVD entertainment system and offer monitors in the headrests), but the price paid will be below the $30K mark, so it's still a good deal.

I just got back from lunch and I was looking for a place to have them install the sink...dammit, I can't think of a place. Maybe I'll have them yank the smallish glove box and have em do it there. Wouldn't West Coast Customs do something like that? LMAO
  • Options
    The funny thing is that they had to use an Impala SS (which sports a V-8), the V-6 LTZ wouldn't have stood a chance.

The 2002 model year saw the emergence of a company dedicated to getting better. While vast majority of consumers still have the old Hyundai stuck in their minds, the company is slowly, but surely wiping away any doubts from yesteryear. What I can't fathom is that if folks go back, the Japanese Big 3 suffered quality issues in the early going like Hyundai has. I'm just glad to see that Hyundai didn't give up and roll out. They hit the books and got smarter, then hit the gym and got stronger and it's been showing every since 2002!
  • Options
    Honestly...the Touring Avalon is $5K cheaper than a fully loaded Azera Limited. When you get through adding the options to the Avalon so that you can get about the same equipment and amenities...the Avalon Touring w/moon roof, jbl sound system and anti-theft system...the price comes in about the same. I mean...pound for pound...this is a damn close comparison and it'll come down to personal preference and taste. While the Avalon has safe, almost bland styling...the Toyota reliability and trade in value potential makes up for that. The Azera definitely has the edge in the styling category, as well as value when you factor in the warranty (you can even throw in an extra $1100) and have all the warranties bumped up to 10yr/100K miles for good measure.

In the end...it's going to boil down to a buyer's preference and taste. While some feel better being safe with something they've known for years, some are willing to jump out and take a chance. Personally, I got tired of the cookie cutter image that Toyota, Honda and Nissan had going on...thus, another reason I jumped into an Azera. :)
  • Options
    the actual closer comparisons would be the Av XL vs. the Azera SE, and probably the XLS vs. the Ltd. Ultimate - and what you will find in a price difference of about 3000.00 in both. The Azera does not have models more directly targeted at the Av Touring or Limited. The
    Toyota NAV system BTW 2500.00, don't think I ever seen one below 2 grand (that didn't fit in your hand). Of course, these cars don't sell at sticker - but I would bet that Hyundai already discounting more than what can be had on Avs even though it is a year younger in the market. Maybe part of that unfortunate 'Korean Car' perception or maybe Hyundai playing a little follow the losers, trying to compete with well below invoice discounts on things like 500s, LaCrosses, and Impalas.
  • Options
    Let's get some prices up here for basis of comparisons:

Avalon XL starting at 26,775
    Avalon Touring starting at 29,025 MSRP
    Avalon XLS starting at 31,225 MSRP
    Avalon Limited starting at 33,965 MSRP

Azera SE starting at 24,335 MSRP
    Azera Limited starting at 26,835 MSRP
  • Options
    Feature wise, Azera Limited is comparable to Avalon Limited. I don't have a problem comparing between the two, despite the HUGE price differences. Azera stresses value while Avalon builds on reputation.
  • Options
    yep and add 870.00 on the XL's price for stability/traction control as well as anti theft - and the total price difference (list) -$3310.00, add the Ultimate package (2500.00) to the Azera Ltd., and add the same $870.00 to the XLS - total price difference $2760.00. As I said the Azeras are about 3 grand cheaper (sticker) than the Avs - as it should be because 3 or 4 years from now that Avalon should be worth more than that difference. You'd have to go beyond what MSN pricing reports to find out what the Av Limited actually is: enough electronic doodads to keep Bill Gates happy and largely a poor mans Lexus LS. More technology in that car then Hyundai is capable of right now, but until you driven a car with seemingly small things like Xenon headlights, dynamic cruise, cooled (as well as heated) seats, JBL stereo systems with subwoofer, remote and keyless start, the oft maligned NAV system etc. - I guess you can think they are comparable. And yes, a full boat Av Limited can nudge $40k - and still be worth every penny of it. Not in the same class as any Hyundai/Ford/Chevrolet product - as it shouldn't be for that kind of price.
  • Options
    kwonc71kwonc71 Member Posts: 245
    You must have visited C&D in Noth Korea site where they don't have laserguns. I have Motor Trend Magazine which uses same test result. Remember Azera used 87 compare to premiums on two other cars too. Premium on Azera will make test more fair. It will make test result clost to nothing.

Avalon 6.2 sec-14.8 sec @ 96.2 MPH.
    Passat 6.2 sec-14.6 sec @ 97.6 MPH.
    Azera 6.8 sec-15.2 sec @ 93.6 MPH.

FYI: One of dealership in OH just sold Top Limited Azera for $26,000 on Ebay. Not long, when Hyundai starts rebates on Azera, $26,000-$27,000 will be actual price of top Azera Limited. Base model will be about $21,000-$22,000. I paid $4,000 less MSRP on my LX Sonata.
  • Options
    jdre86jdre86 Member Posts: 30
    The 2006 Avalon Limited I drive definitely has a power rear sunshade.
  • Options
    It does, and you should know that b/c I'd assume you own the car :)

The power sunshade can only be had with the limited trim for the Avalon, same on the Azera limited trim but at about $7K cheaper than the Avalon limited trim.
  • Options
    Wrong magazine, sorry - don't think that C&D has much of a subscriber base in North Korea either. Those tests are not clear on what grade fuel was used for the actual acceleration runs - since these car mags are such performance hounds always thought they not only used premium but possibly nitro injection to come up with these numbers. The Avalon runs great on 87 - my 05 Av is rated at 280hp reflecting use of 91, the 06s 268 with 87 - so you are probably right the Azeras engine is possibly putting out in the 270s if you treat it to some high octane. Now if Hyundai/Kia could figure out how to build things well without a whole lot of extra weight they might also be able to improve mpg.
    This perception that you don't want to buy a Hyundai, a Ford, a GM, or a Chrysler product until some massive rebate/finance rate buydown/employee discount program etc. starts is a primary reason for the financial difficulties that many of these manufacturers have and also the reason why resale values on these cars suffer. It would be better for Azera owners if the customer perceived the car to be worth something close to what the window sticker says (which it probably is). The Japanese manufacturers have been successful for years in maintaining their margins and as a result, are the most viable (from a financial standpoint) in the industry. And this is actually good for the consumer in that it allows the mfgr. more money for R&D and quality control.
    I think that the Ford 500 is a well designed car that is otherwise ruined by a subpar powertrain. I would bet that had Ford not been losing all this money for the last several years they would have been able to introduce that car with this promised 250hp engine that still has yet to appear almost 2 years later - and wouldn't be having to give the car away now. Ford will either be history or part of our tax bill if things like this continue to happen.
    The point I'm making is that is better for Hyundai (obviously) and ultimately better for the consumer if Hyundai is NOT forced to try to compete pricewise with 'Detroit' - as I said in an earlier post - the Azera appears to be the best Buick that GM never built, and simply runs circles (from value and possibly quality perspectives)around things like the 500/Impala (as currently available) and, if the consumers believe that the Azera can become an even better car that doesn't soak you in the pocketbook 3 or 4 years down the road.
  • Options
    Ford has not been "losing all this money in the last several years" That statement is a complete error. Perhaps they have not been as profitable as they should be, but it is a gross exaggeration to state they have been loosing money.

The only thing subpar about Five Hundred's drive train is in the eyes of those who think published horsepower is the be all and end all of performance.
  • Options
    suggest you try:

www.truthout.org/issues_06/012006LB.shtml

Ford, because of primarily Ford Europe, is about breaking even and literally losing its tail on US operations (4 out of the last 5 quarters)- which is why, they are cutting 25000 jobs, lost beaucoups of market share, and the stock price has dropped 50%.

This is not good for this country, and may soon be everybody's probelm if they can't their act together. If if makes you fell any better, GM about the same.

read the article
This discussion has been closed.