Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Engine failure 2006 Jeep Liberty

timberrichtimberrich Member Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in Jeep
Bought 06 Liberty Crd from Keene Jeep in Md.w 62,000 mi.,after 6 mo.(out of warranty) I smelled anti-freeze but no leaks. I took it to Jeep dealer here in Jersey. They pulled trans.and found a crack in the block behind bell housing. I took the truck home and dissembled engine. I found tons of stop leak in the radiator and the crack in the block,obviously a casting flaw( the block was paper thin) I began calling Keene Jeep,Jeep and VM Moturi. No help from any of them. I bought a junkyard block and rebuilt it at my own cost.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    That's too bad. What is your question exactly?
  • poslibertyposliberty Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know of any actions being taken towards Chrysler for continuing to supply their vehicles with an extremely sub par 3.7 v6 engine.
    according to the research I've done around 1/3 of theses engines do not make it to 80,000 miles.
    They are changing the engines in the future but what about all the ones that they knowingly sold to the public for many years and now refuse to fix or even help repair the problems.