Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What are ALL the charges relating to buying a car ?

ahmadkaahmadka Member Posts: 16
edited October 2017 in General
Hi guys. I'm in the market for my very first personal car and the whole process seems very overwhelming. I wanted to ask, what is the TOTAL I'll be required to pay (through financing) relating to car expenditures, when buying a $25000 MSRP car ? Can someone give me a breakdown of ALL the charges ?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,204
    ahmadka said:

Hi guys. I'm in the market for my very first personal car and the whole process seems very overwhelming. I wanted to ask, what is the TOTAL I'll be required to pay (through financing) relating to car expenditures, when buying a $25000 MSRP car ? Can someone give me a breakdown of ALL the charges ?

A lot of that will depend on your location and the vehicle you are buying.
    Also, the price of a car is negotiated. Not everyone will pay the same price.
    Some makes have financing incentives and other's don't.

There are too many variables for anyone to give you a set answer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ahmadkaahmadka Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with what you say. Let me ask in a difference way. Besides paying for the car itself, what other costs will I be paying ? I know tax is one thing. What else ?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,204
    ahmadka said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with what you say. Let me ask in a difference way. Besides paying for the car itself, what other costs will I be paying ? I know tax is one thing. What else ?

State and local DMV fees
    Most dealers have their own dealer/document fee. Sometimes it's egregious.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator