Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

What are ALL the charges relating to buying a car ?

ahmadkaahmadka Posts: 14
edited October 2017 in General
Hi guys. I'm in the market for my very first personal car and the whole process seems very overwhelming. I wanted to ask, what is the TOTAL I'll be required to pay (through financing) relating to car expenditures, when buying a $25000 MSRP car ? Can someone give me a breakdown of ALL the charges ?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 128,420
    ahmadka said:

Hi guys. I'm in the market for my very first personal car and the whole process seems very overwhelming. I wanted to ask, what is the TOTAL I'll be required to pay (through financing) relating to car expenditures, when buying a $25000 MSRP car ? Can someone give me a breakdown of ALL the charges ?

A lot of that will depend on your location and the vehicle you are buying.
    Also, the price of a car is negotiated. Not everyone will pay the same price.
    Some makes have financing incentives and other's don't.

There are too many variables for anyone to give you a set answer.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ahmadkaahmadka Posts: 14
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with what you say. Let me ask in a difference way. Besides paying for the car itself, what other costs will I be paying ? I know tax is one thing. What else ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 128,420
    ahmadka said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with what you say. Let me ask in a difference way. Besides paying for the car itself, what other costs will I be paying ? I know tax is one thing. What else ?

State and local DMV fees
    Most dealers have their own dealer/document fee. Sometimes it's egregious.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator