Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    So....... naturally the hose isn't long enough to do so and I had to special order a new, longer one and next weekend I have to pull the dishwasher out and rerun the line properly.

Yanking out a dishwasher to redo something like that can be a real pain. Are you sure you can’t add a piece of hose onto what you have now and push it down into the opening behind the dishwasher. There is usually space back there and sometimes on the side. If it were me I’d try that first even though I’m pretty much of an expert with replacing dishwashers in the house we are in now. For one reason or another (recalls and failures) we’re on our 4 th since ’98. :sick:

I applied a thin coat and then a few minutes later the paint blistered a bit and I had to make the spot bigger and recoat. FAIL!

Sounds like your can of touch up paint is lacquer not enamel. :cry:

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Maybe I've been lucky.

In all of the houses (6) that we have owned I have NEVER had to remove any drywall to fix anything.

I think I MAY have replaced maybe 5 flapper valves including one of the original ones in my MIL's house after 25 years.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Yanking out a dishwasher to redo something like that can be a real pain. Are you sure you can’t add a piece of hose onto what you have now and push it down into the opening behind the dishwasher.

That adds a potential failure point. IMHO, it's cheaper and faster to do the job right the first time.

Changing that hose should take less than an hour.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,983
    Are you sure you can’t add a piece of hose onto what you have now and push it down into the opening behind the dishwasher.

I tried that, but the universal hose Lowe's had didn't match up nicely with the fitting on the end of the disposal. The 1" size was a little loose and when I cut the fitting to the 3/4" size it wouldn't fit.

I figure it won't be too bad to pull out, it has been in there less than 2 years. I know there is plenty of slack on the electrical and supply line. I'll just suck it up and do the correct way.

The touch up was the Duplicolor I've used in the past, I've never seen that happen. All I can think of was water seeped in around the chip and weakend the bond the paint had with the metal. This is a 9 year old car and the chip was probably there awhile.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    BUT, I thought I would share.

Went to the local Acura dealership for an oil change on my 2001 RL. Bought the car last summer from a local mechanic who usually has 4 or 5 cars at the shop for sale. The lease was up on my '11 Caddy CTS and I wanted to drive "payment free" for a little while. Car was owned by someone who lived in NYC and had the car religiously maintained at one of the Acura dealerships here in the city. The car had 60K miles on it when I bought it. Has some nicks and blemishes on the bumper from city parking but, was in excellent shape overall. Had taken it to the local 10 minute oil change places the last time it needed an oil change and was not happy with the service. Pretty sure they used an inferior oil or not the proper oil when it was changed last.

I hung around the waiting room fighting the urge to venture into the showroom. I'm weak and I'm starting to get the itch for a new car. A lethal combo for a guy whose wife has let it be known that she likes the fact that we only have one car payment now (her Ford Flex).

After about 30 mins they tell me that aside from brakes needed in the coming months, the car is in great condition and that it will be out in 10 minutes after they do the complimentary wash.

I go outside and see a semi steady stream of people heading into the showroom. I figure what the heck. A little window shopping can't hurt.

Just about all the cars on the showroom were white which I found somewhat odd. They had the new iLX and the obligatory TLs and RDXs. What stood out was the massive, beautiful new RLX. Was all white with a 2 tone light gray and black interior. Was absolutely beautiful. The car was huge. Carried a sticker if over 55K which I thought was reasonable for something this impressive. Salesman came over to help me and I quickly but nicely shot him down. Although the thought of living in the back seat after my wife threw me out did cross my mind ;)

The only thing I could say to the salesman after I told him i was just looking was, "Finally"

To me, Acura has kind of been pushed to the side by Honda. There was a time when they could compete with Lexus, but it seems that those days are long gone. Am I wrong in this assessment? They are great cars, just seems like they have become a forgotten brand and have just been rebranded Hondas for the last 7 years.

I get home and extoll the virtues of the RLX and the wife has the nerve to say to me, "If you liked it, you should have investigated price and stuff". Yeah right.
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I get home and extoll the virtues of the RLX and the wife has the nerve to say to me, "If you liked it, you should have investigated price and stuff". Yeah right.

That's what they all say after you get home, tell the story, and there is no new car story to tell her. If you had come home with a new Acura, you'd be sleeping in it for the first week or so until she got sorry for you. They just want to show their "sweetness" after the fact that you did not buy the car. I still love them - women that is! They know exactly what to say and when to say it!!!

2014 E350 Sport Sedan Order

I got lucky. They changed the order from black perforated leather to Gray perforated leather this morning - and 20 minutes after they changed the interior color, the ordered turned "red" which means that no more changes can be made to the car - build date is March 20th.

I started with a Diamond White/Natural Beige leather sedan. They kicked the order out because they discontinued the natural beige leather. I changed the colors to Silver/Black. Then, I asked him to add the comfort box in the trunk as we have been using it more and more with glass jars, etc., and it cools as well. Finally, I asked for the gray leather after they showed me a silver/gray car - fell in love with the gray leather with the silver exterior. Also, won't be as hot even though I ordered ventilated heated/cooled seats.

So now, I just have to wait until late April or early May to see what I actually ordered.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Acura for the past few years has been marketed as a "value premium" brand. But when compared to the try luxury brands, they are far behind.

Honda just announced they are spending $1 billion to revamp the Acura brand and lineup. They want to position the brand as a technology leader and raise sales to about 20% of what Honda does.

IMHO, the focus will be on high tech V6 and I4 engines, use of electric motors to propel the rear wheels and hopefully better styling.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The 2014 sounds like a real beauty and the softer seats would suit me for sure. The few MB cars I've sat in were a bit firm in the seat dept. Good luck in resisting the one you ordered.
  • Options
    I was just reading a few things about the school budget for this year. One of our town's schools (we have 3, all fairly small) needed a new bell/paging system. The board approved this for 56K!! Then they contracted another company and paid them 15K for wireless clocks.

The question I ask is this (mostly to Mike and Richard) are school systems today that sophisticated that this type of money is required? Am I missing something?

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,486
    congrats on the sale of the BMW. Sounds like you got your price & the buyer knew he wasn't going to find a prisitne car like your anywhere else.

I trust your ex has moved out and the 2 of you have moved on? If anything, you got a suuuuweet S4 out of the deal. Something I don't think you'd have looked at for yourself.

As for your ex - "Livin', Lovin', She's just a woman." - Led Zepplin

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    The question I ask is this (mostly to Mike and Richard) are school systems today that sophisticated that this type of money is required? Am I missing something?

Without accurate clocks, middle and high schools would be in deep trouble because the operate on a 5 minute passing period. Besides, those kids who count every minute and second for the final bell to ring would go into apoplexy without accurate clock.

As for bells, fire alarms, passing bells, etc., are essential in a school with so many kids. How would they know if a fire or security issue existed. I had simplex systems on my schools. Mechanical in my first school and solid state in my last school. Simplex fire alarms and bells also.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    congrats on the sale of the BMW. Sounds like you got your price & the buyer knew he wasn't going to find a prisitne car like your anywhere else.

Well done, graphicguy. You had the right attitude all along - patience! People who exercise patience are way ahead of the game!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,179
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

I was just sworn in to become a naturalized citized on this country. The ceremony took place in US Immigration Center today at 1 pm. Congratulations to me ;) :shades: :D

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    That adds a potential failure point. IMHO, it's cheaper and faster to do the job right the first time.

I agree with you but I’ve done it and there was never a problem with it.
    I corrected a bad installation like the one that ‘tj’ had for my next door neighbor when I lived in my first house. Not too long after I installed a dishwasher in our first house, Mrs. j got to talking to the neighbor women about how she liked the idea of having a dishwasher, FINALLY. This was in the early 70s. Man, did I make points when I did that job. :) So, this neighbor lady gets on her husband about getting her a dishwasher too. He said he could do everything but the electrical part because he didn’t know how to run a line from the circuit breaker panel to the area under the sink where the dishwasher would have to go and he didn’t like the idea of paying an electrician to do it at that time. Mrs. j said, “Oh, that’s no problem, I’m sure jmonroe can do that part for him because he’s pretty good with wiring things”. Thanks dear. :surprise: OK, now that I’ve been volunteered to run the line for him after I did that I asked if he wanted me to help him with the rest of the installation but he said he could handle everything else. So I went home. About three years later he had a problem and he asked if I could take a look at it. I told him either pull it out and put a longer drain hose in or try to splice it and see if that worked. He opted for adding onto the existing hose because by then he had installed a tile floor and he didn’t like the idea of trying to lift the dishwasher up to get it over the tile which would require taking out many screws that held the counter top in place and he especially didn’t want to disconnect the sink plumbing as a result of lifting the counter top . I told him if it were me, I’d do the splice thing first too.

That splice worked and never leaked or prevented draining until I moved in ’89.

Changing that hose should take less than an hour.

I agree but a properly done splice can work just about forever. My biggest concern with a splice is not the leaking part of it because there is no pressure to speak of even when the dishwasher drains. I’m more concerned with constricting the line, with a pipe insert to make the splice, that could prevent proper draining. In the case of the one that I did that was not a problem either.

jmonroe

• Options
    The board approved this for 56K!! Then they contracted another company and paid them 15K for wireless clocks...The question I ask is this (mostly to Mike and Richard) are school systems today that sophisticated that this type of money is required? Am I missing something?

I guess you'd gag if presented with the $250K my town spent on iPads for 1,100 high school students last year.....
  • Options
    Without accurate clocks, middle and high schools would be in deep trouble because the operate on a 5 minute passing period

I certainly agree with everything you said, I'm just having a tough time wrapping my finger around the cost. 71K for paging, bells and clocks seem excessive in a fairly small school.

• Options
    I was just sworn in to become a naturalized citized on this country. The ceremony took place in US Immigration Center today at 1 pm. Congratulations to me

CONGRATULATIONS, dino! You sure earned your citizenship - you worked hard, studied hard, learned the language, and have strong opinions about almost everything. God Bless America and it's newest citizen.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    I guess you'd gag if presented with the $250K my town spent on iPads for 1,100 high school students last year.....

Yeah, but at least I know what an Ipad cost and can do the math. This bell system way overpriced. I need to stop reading about town politics.

• Options
    I was just sworn in to become a naturalized citized on this country

Awesome, congrats! I'm sure it was a lot of hard work.

• Options
    This bell system way overpriced.

A paging system probably includes a main terminal, speakers in each room, new handsets for each room, installation, wiring, et al.

Can you really say that that's it's overprice or is it that the number is more than you would think it should cost? It's probably the latter. You don't know how much it should cost so when you hear the number, it sounds high.

As a for instance, when I found out what an outboard motor cost I didn't think it was overpriced. I just figured out I was uneducated about the cost.
  • Options
    sterlingdogsterlingdog Member Posts: 6,984
    Thanks for the heads up on the GM. The 2011 Town Car isn't a bad idea. As for that Crown Vic, that's a lot of car for that price. Also, they are very similar to the GM. You gave me nuch to conisder. Thanks!

Richard
  • Options
    You don't know how much it should cost so when you hear the number, it sounds high.

It could be, but they are always crying about money and then drop that kind of change on something that may or may not have been needed. They have a system now that apparently still works.

You do bring up a good point, because just recently Mark over on CCBA explained what tires cost for his motorhome and while I knew they were expensive I didn't know to that extent.

• Options
    "In all of the houses (6) that we have owned I have NEVER had to remove any drywall to fix anything."

Me either, and we've owned 14 houses. Then again, maybe we weren't there long enough. :P

Richard
  • Options
    You gave me nuch to conisder. Thanks!

After the cake, it's the least I could do!

• Options
    This calls for a celebration! Congratations to our newest American Citizen!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    Almost had a sales story to share.

My wife started a new job last week; after 12 years working for the school district, she decided to take a position with a non-profit.

As a result of this job change, her commute has changed from 15 miles of 2 lane to 22 miles, which is a mix of interstate and suburban roads. In addition, her new position will require her to travel from the office to a number of child care provider sites - the closest is about 8 miles away while the farthest is just under 12 miles from the office.

Currently, she drives a 2010 Mazda CX-7 AWD. EPA is 17 city, 23 highway. We thought about getting her something that gets better mileage - her first choice was the Nissan Juke.

As it so happens, there is a Nissan dealer not more than a mile or two from her new office, so I met her up there one night last week to take a closer look.

Exterior design - unlike abacomike, who needs an app on his phone to find his MB in a parking lot, you'll never mistake the Juke for anything else on the road! You either love it or you hate it - not much in between. The wife loves it. Go figure.

Interior design - the top-of-the-line SL version has a feature called i-CON, which allows you to switch between the climate control system and a screen that allows you to fine tune how the car performs. Can switch between Sport, Normal and ECO modes. Also equipped with a navigation system and all sorts of audio connectivity (aux port, USB port, bluetooth, Pandora, etc.).

Performance & Handling - the wife did the driving on the test, and commented on how powerful the Juke is. 188HP from a turbo 1.6L engine is pretty good. The ride was a bit stiff (not a surprise given, that the wheelbase is under 100"), but wasn't punishing. It handles pretty well, too.

Bottom line - she liked it, but didn't love it. There are a few features on her Mazda that aren't available on the Juke that she would miss:

HID headlamps
    Blind Spot Monitor
    Power Memory seats
    Automatic wipers

Plus, the Juke is just a tad too small inside - with the rear seats up, the Juke has 1/3 the cargo capacity of the Mazda (10 cu ft vs. 30).

So, no go for now. The Denver auto show is in a couple of weeks and I'll see if I can get her to attend with me to scope out all the options - either to replace her car or mine.
  • Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,008
    I was at $37K. He came in at $36K. I wasn't even going to negotiate with him. We made the deal.

I was going to say you lucked in getting a buyer and at a great price...but, it wasn't luck at all. You played it very smart. You put a sign on the car against my excellent advice, and you had the patience to wait for the right buyer.

Way to go GG.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    Technology in schools is anything but cheap these days. By law, we have to get a minimum of three bids on projects. Even low bidders can be pretty expensive, plus they don't always do the best job. In our school system, bells and clocks are vital instruments. When I retired seven years ago, we had 43 schools. The high schools run around 2,000 students each, the middle schools around 1,000 students each, and the elementary schools around 500 students each. IMHO, they are all much too big. Still, if you're going to have them, exacting a daily schedule is absolutely necessary and essential.

If you want a real shocker, stop by your local board of education one day and ask to see a copy of the capital outlay and facilities budget. If you're still standing on two feet after that, ask to see the equipment budget for the current school year. It takes millions these days to run a school system.

This may surprise you but the year that I retired (2005), my HR office spent over a million dollars a year just on advertising and materials for teacher recruitment. I had to account for every single penny of that money. You had better believe that I, along with my secretary, kept a tight set of books---updated and posted every Monday morning. It was a ritual with us. If we purchased as much as a pencil, it was on the books. Two things will land your [non-permissible content removed] in jail or get you fired---money and sex. I've seen it happen too many times.

Richard
  • Options
    You would think that they would come up with some simple fixes for things that drive us crazy.

One item that wasn't around in the 50s are those little halogen lights. They are nice and bright and give off really nice direct powerful light.

The only problem is changing them. First, they are usually up very high so you need a ladder. And then you have to fumble around removing the glass and twisting and turning the old light out and getting the new light in.

If they can get men to the moon why can't they make a simple cover that screws on and off.....and a plug for the bulb?

• Options
    The car will remind you of a needed shift by a violent vibration coming out of the engine compartment.

Great post dino....I never realized a manual with a diesel engine could have those problems. You explained the problem perfectly, and I would test the car to make sure I could live with it if I was to get a diesel manual. I guess a turbo diesel could be ok.

Great post...explained so even I could understand.

• Options
    Damn…you ask a lot of questions.

Thanks for the info about the flapper. We will stop using those chlorine things immediately.

It isn't as bad as it seems but 2 of the three flappers at home have gone this year, and one of the 2 in Florida. Maybe seems worse than it is.

The 2 that went at home are top flushers. And, they are super sensitive. They came with the house, but I would never want them again.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Congratulations. You seem to have soften your stance, as I recall you thought your starting asking price car was a bit more. But I think you responded to the real market. After your very first post, where you figured the dealer's asking price would be 39K and their minimum acceptance may be 37K, I thought that 36K+/-$500 was a fair price to both sides, provided all descriptions of your car were accurate (which I don't doubt). And you got just that. It's done. Enjoy.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    use the chroline tablets. Jmonroe correctly states you shouldn't use them, but I've found once or twice a year keeps the tank of the toilet from getting icky (technical term(

Thanks tjc, I will probably just stop using chlorine tablets...give that a try.

A number of years ago I was staying in a beautiful hotel in Tel Aviv. The bathroom was beautiful, kind of shiny blue marble like walls. The ceiling had nice blue panels, but, I noticed it was all removeable giving full access to everything in the ceiling.

I noticed the panels around the shower could be removed if needed too. You wouldn't know unless you really examined it closely. It looked nicer than a permanent non-modular bathroom. Made me start thinking, why hasn't home building changed over the years?

• Options
    I got lucky. They changed the order from black perforated leather to Gray perforated leather this morning

You got very lucky. I think the gray interior will look really good and it will be much better for Florida. The black seats have vents but it is still a mental thing.....light colors seem cooler.

Our 535 and the Passat are white with beige interior. Here is what the Wisegeek says about white cars;

One of the reasons white cars are popular is that the color has a classic, timeless appeal. According to many buyers, white never really goes out of style. Particularly in areas experiencing economic difficulty, white is seen as a safe choice. Pearl white is also perceived as a luxurious, high end color that can add to a car's value. These could be important considerations for those who purchase cars and plan to keep them for a longer period of time; white can also help to preserve a vehicle's resale value when compared to more trendy color choices.

• Options
    I was just sworn in to become a naturalized citized on this country.

Very Best Wishes, what a great achievement!

BIg congratulations,

Driver

• Options
    Congratulations!!! What a wonderful day in your life. I'm so happy for you. As you must know, you were long ago a citizen with us here. :D I'm very proud of you for your desire to be an American, and for the hard work and effort you put forth to make it possible.

Now, as the way for you to vote.... :P

Richard
  • Options
    Bottom line - she liked it, but didn't love it. There are a few features on her Mazda that aren't available on the Juke that she would miss:

Interesting synopsis. I don't see a lot of them on the road so I am not sure what is going on there...I think the car is very different looking and that always makes it a hard sell. There are lots of economy cars in that segment to choose from, so take your time. Maybe that Jetta wagon with diesel would work?

• Options
    Our 535 and the Passat are white with beige interior. Here is what the Wisegeek says about white cars;

I have had beige (MB calls it Almond) leather seats but they soil so quickly, especially here in South Florida where we wear shorts 98% of the time. If I lived up north, beige would be fine.

I was up at the dealership Friday - my salesman showed me a CLS550 with gray leather and silver exterior. What convinced me was that the dashboard and sides of the car will be dark gray with a lighter gray leather seating instead of black all around. The new E Class interior will be almost identical to the CLS550 interior from the gauge cluster and squared off quartz clock in the center to the more comfortable seating and color coordination. I also like the fact they are going to a larger NAV screen and power retractable mirrors.

My current car is really a beautiful color combination which I would have preferred. But, if I can't get saddle interior, I wouldn't like the white again - and black would be the only interior I would get.

Now, we will have to see what the out the door pricing will be - all depends on available incentives and USAA pricing. Usually, USAA pricing isn't advantageous on a new model for the first couple of months - but if I wait, the value of my trade would decrease substantially. I'm praying for a miracle. If not, I'll keep my present car until 2016 when they change the body on the E Class.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Interesting synopsis. I don't see a lot of them on the road so I am not sure what is going on there...I think the car is very different looking and that always makes it a hard sell. There are lots of economy cars in that segment to choose from, so take your time. Maybe that Jetta wagon with diesel would work?

There is a Juke just a couple houses down from us, and a former co-worker of my wife's just picked up a Juke a week or two ago. We see quite a few of them on the roads here in Colorado.

The AWD version gets 25/30 MPG.

I have mentioned the JWG TDi to her as well. We had a '99 Beetle at one time so she's familiar with the VW product.

She's been driving SUVs for 12 out of the past 15 years, so getting her into a "car" might be difficult. She likes the visibility that an SUV provides, but finding one that gets decent mileage is kinda difficult.

We're probably going to hold off for the time being, unless we decide to get rid of my '06 Saturn ION for something newer, more fuel-efficient and doesn't smell like the inside of a pizza box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    One other option to check out is the new Subaru Forester, which are just starting to hit the dealerships. 24/32 mileage, standard AWD, and lots of space.

The wife and I will propbably hit the auto show, too. No cars we're really interested in are released right now, but it's still fun to look around at all the manufacturers in such a condensed area.
  • Options
    I was just sworn in to become a naturalized citized on this country.

Yes, you deserve to be congratulated. And now you have the right to complain about our federal people too without the fear of being tossed into the slammer. :)

FWIW, both sets of my grandparents did it like you did. They were very proud when they got their US citizenship.

Congrats again,

jmonroe

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,422
    Congratulations!!!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    One other option to check out is the new Subaru Forester, which are just starting to hit the dealerships. 24/32 mileage, standard AWD, and lots of space.

The wife and I will propbably hit the auto show, too. No cars we're really interested in are released right now, but it's still fun to look around at all the manufacturers in such a condensed area.

Others have mentioned the Forester as well; she likes the look of the Crosstek XV, but would probably be appalled with "only" 155HP.

I know I'll be attending the auto show on Saturday (3/23); not sure if the wife will be with me or not.
  • Options
    that I posted this on CCBA by accident & thought it was here. Sorry hosts, I'm not trying to spam.

I know Sirius/Xm is a favorite recurring theme here on SFTSF. Back in 2011, my Dad (who turned 67 yesterday) bought a lifetime subscription for his (then) 2010 Tahoe & my Mom's 2011 Cayenne. A few months later he traded his 2010 Tahoe in for a shiny, new 2011 Tahoe. I called up Sirius/XM to transfer over the lifetime subscription. They told me that the new 2011 Tahoe has a 12 month trial subscription. Trial subscriptions cannot be cancelled, but to call back when the trial subscription is up and they will transfer it over with no problem.

Fast forward to February 21, 2013. I call up & tell them I want my lifetime subscription to pick up when my trial subscription runs out.

"Sir, we have no record of you having another lifetime subscription other than in your wife's 2011 Cayenne."

I gave them the 2010 Tahoe's VIN, my AMEX card. Nothing. I dig up a piece of paper with the old radio ID & finally they see that MY DAD'S lifetime subscription was cancelled by someone else. Re-Instating it should not be a problem. We'll get back to you in 7-10 business days.

I call up about 4:15 pm. Speak to one guy. Tell him the story. Give him both radio IDs. He puts me on hold. "Sorry sir, lifetime subscriptions on built in radios are not transferrable."

Really? Nobody ever told me that. May I please speak to a supervisor?

I get put on hold. A woman picks up the phone. I tell her the story. She puts me on hold. Tells me she's sorry, but lifetime subscrptions are not transferrable.

I tell her that I never cancelled the subscription and I'm still alive. If she won't transfer, then just give me a new lifetime subscription free of charge.

"Sorry sir, we cannot do that."

Ma'am. Don't be sorry. If you cannot transfer my lifetime to my new radio, then credit me the lifetime subscription minus the 13 months I used it.

"We will not issue you a new lifetime subscription for free. If you'd like, you can purchase a new lifetime subscription for $799."

WHAT! What country are you in?

"I am located in Cairo, Egypt."

I am then told that she will not put me on the phone with anybody else & that she is the shift manager. I tell her to transfer me to someone in The United States.

"We don't have any offices in the United States."

CLICK

So to sum this up, after a full hour, this expletive hangs up on me.

I call back & am on hold right now for what appears to be just over 46 minutes.

• Options
    Wow. Runoaround incarnated. Sounds like they got their customer service manuals straight up from AOL. Probably same people, too.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    The XV will definitely feel underpowered. That's the biggest complaint of the car. The 170 HP (178 lb/ft torque) Forester may not excite her, too, if power is real important. It's a solid motor, but not a rocket by any means. The Forester XT with a 250 HP (258 lb/ft torque) turbo motor will knock her socks off at the expense of fuel economy (23/28) and purchase price.

March 23 is when we're hoping to secure our new lot for the home, so I need to talk with my wife about dates/times to get to the show. Hopefully it'll all work out. It'd be fun to meet up at the show if possible. If we do get our home lot that day, we'll be feeling a little strung out after laying down that money :surprise:
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,178
    >Congratulations to me

Congratulations. May you always be proud of your accomplishment.

Two summers back my son attended a swearing in at the Federal courthouse in Columbus as part of his job. He was amazed at how proud and deserving the approximately 100 new citizens were. A moving experience. Again, congratulations.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    Whoa, those policies are horrible. The vast majority of the receivers sold today are built in, so if that's the policy, then why would anyone go with a lifetime subscription? Do you have the original contract? I'm curious as to what's in writing.

Ty
  • Options
    . I drove several diesel powered cars - my dad has had two in his past, one currently sitting in his garage.

I agree totally with your comments about diesels with manual transmissions. I bought a 1976 Volvo diesel with a manual transmission. I would have it in 1st gear for about 3 seconds before I had to up shift to 2nd. Then, a few seconds in 2nd gear. The power gear was 3rd. I usually drove in 4th gear and on the highway, it had an overdrive switch on top of the gear stalk.

I really hated that car - very difficult to drive around town with the constant up and down shifts. You could not hold 1st or 2nd gear very long because of the poor gear ratios and heavy torque.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    I know Sirius/Xm is a favorite recurring theme here on SFTSF. Back in 2011, my Dad (who turned 67 yesterday) bought a lifetime subscription for his (then) 2010 Tahoe & my Mom's 2011 Cayenne. A few months later he traded his 2010 Tahoe in for a shiny, new 2011 Tahoe. I called up Sirius/XM to transfer over the lifetime subscription. They told me that the new 2011 Tahoe has a 12 month trial

I cancelled my Sirius/XM subscription today - last day of the trial subscription. It came with traffic and weather. I listen to my MP3 disk with 196 songs on it 95% of the time. We have great HD FM radio stations down here when I get tired of the MP3 disk. We have 12 HD FM stations and half of those have 2 or 3 additional HD frequencies on the same station. So I don't even miss the satellite radio - I haven't listened to Sirius in over 4 weeks. So why pay for something I just don't use?

2021 Genesis G90

This discussion has been closed.