Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Help dealing with Nissan/NMAC for buying out lease- Active Duty Military

msarbermsarber Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Nissan
I want to buy my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL Hybrid 4WD when the lease ends in 2 weeks. I have had almost no contact from Nissan, except an email telling me to go to a Nissan Dealer. I am now stationed in Ohio; bought the car in Colorado; car is registered in New Mexico. I just want to buy it and get it re-registered in New Mexico (I can take care of that myself).
Any advice or experience in buying leases from Nissan? I'd really like to avoid going to a dealer. I don't know any dealers here and have a general distrust of them anyway. I have the cash, don't need to finance.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    msarber said:

I want to buy my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL Hybrid 4WD when the lease ends in 2 weeks. I have had almost no contact from Nissan, except an email telling me to go to a Nissan Dealer. I am now stationed in Ohio; bought the car in Colorado; car is registered in New Mexico. I just want to buy it and get it re-registered in New Mexico (I can take care of that myself).
    Any advice or experience in buying leases from Nissan? I'd really like to avoid going to a dealer. I don't know any dealers here and have a general distrust of them anyway. I have the cash, don't need to finance.

No personal experience with NMAC, but some of the banks only do buyouts through their dealers. Unfortunately, the dealer will probably try to layer on an extra $500 in costs.
    I would call NMAC and ask to talk to a supervisor. Tell them you want to exercise your contractual right to purchase the car at the contract price, and that you have no interest in involving a dealer.
    Let us know how that goes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• msarbermsarber Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I'll give that a shot.