Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

LUXURY cars that use regular gas?

ddan7777ddan7777 Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in General
I would like to buy a new luxury car (a sedan, not an SUV).

My strong preference is for a car which uses regular gas, as opposed to premium, gas.

I have been shopping around and seen a variety of luxury cars, Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac, and Lexus. So far, only the Lexus ES350 uses regular gas. It seems as if luxury cars (almost) all appear to use premium gas.

Can someone possibly help?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 128,067
    ddan7777 said:

I would like to buy a new luxury car (a sedan, not an SUV).

My strong preference is for a car which uses regular gas, as opposed to premium, gas.

I have been shopping around and seen a variety of luxury cars, Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac, and Lexus. So far, only the Lexus ES350 uses regular gas. It seems as if luxury cars (almost) all appear to use premium gas.

Can someone possibly help?

You might have found the only one.

In your search, avoid turbo engines, as those almost always use Premium.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• texasestexases Posts: 8,921
    I was coming here to recommend the ES350. Anything with a turbo (all European brands, for example) that's a luxury car will likely require premium.

I share your frustration. I'd much prefer a car that uses regular, really limits the options for nicer cars.
  • Thank you for your reply. Any chance that one of the Japanese brands has a luxury car that uses regular gas?
  • ......... other than the Lexus ES350?
  • Sorry just saw this. Cadillac CTS and CTS I think
  • Lincoln mkz and mks too