Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Need help 2017 cayenne platinum Tire

candy1980candy1980 Posts: 6
edited November 2017 in Porsche
I purchased a 2017 cayenne platinum from dealer last week. It comes with Goodyear R20 tires.
A Firestone manager told me today: New cayenne should have Pirelli's tire, not goodyear.
I asked the dealer, she claimed all new cayenne use Goodyear now.

I am in California. Need help.
Thanks

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,174
    candy1980 said:

I purchased a 2017 cayenne platinum from dealer last week. It comes with Goodyear R20 tires.
    A Firestone manager told me today: New cayenne should have Pirelli's tire, not goodyear.
    I asked the dealer, she claimed all new cayenne use Goodyear now.

I am in California. Need help.
    Thanks

What do you need help with?

Why would a Firestone manager know what OEM tire comes on a new Porsche?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Thanks for your reply. Firestone manager implied oem tire had been replaced by dealer with cheaper goodyear one. I donot know why he know this.
    Could u pls check what tire u have in your cayenne?

candy1980 said:

Thanks for your reply. Firestone manager implied oem tire had been replaced by dealer with cheaper goodyear one. I donot know why he know this.
    Could u pls check what tire u have in your cayenne?

All four tires? I don’t have a Cayenne, but most make/models use more than one brand, so they don’t ever get caught in short supply.

Since the Firestone store doesn’t likely sell either brand, I’d just chalk that conversation up to ignorance.

Edmunds Moderator

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=2&autoMake=Porsche&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Cayenne+Platinum+Edition&autoModClar=&width=275/&ratio=45&diameter=20&sortCode=60060&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=H&minLoadRating=XL

Tire Rack shows five different OEM Porsche specific tires for the Platinum with 20” wheels. Continental, Pirelli, Yokohama, Goodyear and Michelin.

Click the link, then narrow the search to “Original Equipment”, on the left side of the page.

Edmunds Moderator

• Thank you.  You are right. Cayenne use several brand oem tire.