Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2011 Chevy Malibu Brake Squeal Issue

malibutroublemalibutrouble Member Posts: 19
edited November 2017 in Chevrolet
I bought a 2011 Chevy Malibu about two months ago from a dealer for a great price with 87k miles on it. Ive been scratching my head at this problem since it started about a month or so ago. When I first got the car, I had it taken back to the dealer because there was a light scrubbing noise when I applied the brakes. They said the brake system was at 100% and that the reason I was hearing that noise was because there was no lube on the brakes. I waived having the brakes lubed after they told me it shouldnt hurt the car to not have them lubed. I drove it for another two weeks after and after having to hit the brake pretty hard to avoid an idiot on my side of the road one day, I pulled the car into my driveway and heard a high pitched squeal when I would lightly apply the brakes. I didnt think too much of it knowing that I had just hit the brakes pretty hard. Over time, its become an annoyance. The car stops on the dime, it just squeals. Ive had it taken to three different mechanics who have all said the brakes are close to 100% with no sign of failure. Could the problem be that there is no lube on the brakes? What could I do to possibly fix the issue? Its so annoying that I have to turn my radio up loud enough so I cant hear it!

Comments