Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car buying Advice 2018 Acura MDX Adv/Ent packages

dash123dash123 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in Acura
I am being quoted about $55,000 for a 2018 MDX Adv/ Ent Packages in the New england area.
I am however not sure if this seems like a reasonable price. I noticed that for a car with these packages, costco says invoice price is around 55K. So, I am tempted to think this is a decent deal, but wanted to check with the experts out there.
Nothing to show here. A noob

Comments

• dash123dash123 Member Posts: 3
    Bump - Can someone with expertise leave a comment to this ?

My OTD price is around 58,000K with Advance and Entertainment packages. No extras thrown in. I could not find a 2018 MDX thread yet other than the lease one, so hoping some comments here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    dash123 said:

My OTD price is around 58,000K with Advance and Entertainment packages. No extras thrown in. I could not find a 2018 MDX thread yet other than the lease one, so hoping some comments here.

We don't track pricing.

Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds pricing tools, and their TMV price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dash123dash123 Member Posts: 3
    kyfdx said:

dash123 said:

We don't track pricing.

Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds pricing tools, and their TMV price.
    Sorry - I may have been mistaken when I saw multiple threads and parent threads where folks were discussing the prices of the cars or the deals they received at their locations. I sort of pre assumed that there were experts who were helping reassure when a great deal was scored by someone either a lease or outright purchase.

That is what prompted me to post this thread.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    dash123 said:

kyfdx said:

dash123 said:

We don't track pricing.

Sorry - I may have been mistaken when I saw multiple threads and parent threads where folks were discussing the prices of the cars or the deals they received at their locations. I sort of pre assumed that there were experts who were helping reassure when a great deal was scored by someone either a lease or outright purchase.

That is what prompted me to post this thread.
    Sorry... we give information on leasing programs, because that is objective information that doesn't require an opinion. (not that we won't give one, anyway). But, no way that we can keep track of transaction prices on all of the makes/models. (But, Edmunds does.. )

Don't worry about asking questions. We don't charge for that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hezageniushezagenius Member Posts: 1
    dash123 said:

I am being quoted about $55,000 for a 2018 MDX Adv/ Ent Packages in the New england area.
    I am however not sure if this seems like a reasonable price. I noticed that for a car with these packages, costco says invoice price is around 55K. So, I am tempted to think this is a decent deal, but wanted to check with the experts out there.

I got a few quotes from dealers on a 2018 MDX SH-AWD Advance (not the Adv/Ent) so do with it what you will. The MSRP is 57,645 (56,650+995 destination). One quote gave a 3,000 discount, one quote was the Costco discount of 2,293 plus 750 in dealer cash, and the other quote was originally 2,500 that I got to 2,858. I'm sure if I played hard ball, I could have got a bit more off the 3K one. Ultimately I went with the 2,858 discount since it was local and I got a good deal (in my estimation) on my trade. I did not want to have to travel several hours to save a little coin on the discount only to get a lowball offer on my trade in. Yes, I know, they should be negotiated separately, and if the offer came in really low at my local dealer, I simply wouldn't have traded it in at all.

My local dealer basically can't keep the Advances on their lots because they don't get maybe a few a month sell them quickly. That was the car I wanted, it was the color and interior I wanted, and I'm getting it fresh off the truck. So, that's why I went with the 2,858 discount.