Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Drive Clean rebate income cap. Which year does it count?

larciellarciel Member Posts: 29
edited December 2017 in Tesla
I'm about to buy a Tesla before year's end but I might have an issue with getting drive clean $1500 rebate.

For year 2016, me and my wife's tax shows income in excess of $300k making us ineligible for the rebate. But for this year, we know that we are below $300k but I won't be filing tax before April 15th due to my business filings.

Would I be able to receive the rebate if I purchase by 12/31? Or would waiting until Jan 1st make a difference?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    I'm guessing you are in California?

Sorry, we don't have any information for you on that. That's a pretty specific situation, and you might need input from someone that administers the rebates.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    The timing/income eligibility is here:
    https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility

A quick read states that they take the income off of your IRS 1040. Of course, they can't take that number from a return that hasn't been filed, yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    larciellarciel Member Posts: 29
    thanks for reply.

Feeling I get from website is it's very loose on the review. I will purchase now and delay the rebate submission as far as I can so it gets closer to April 15th tax filing date. Just in case I get flagged for verification.