Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Local limited travel | Which new sedan/suv to buy?

gurmeet2gurmeet2 Posts: 1
edited January 2018 in General
I need a car/suv which we will use about 220 miles a month only (no mistyping here) and that too locally. However, I need it be nice with 3 people seating and space. AWD will be preferable though and tend to like SUV for high rise entrance into the vehicle.

I am looking for ideas that people here may have for this.

Thanks in advance for your help
Tagged:

Comments

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,857
    edited January 2018
    How long will you need it for?

If long term, can buy something. If shorter term (2 years or less say), swapalease could be a great option.

Also, for this case, great option is a newer car with higher miles, since you can often get one at a significant discount, and after a few years will have normal average miles. Say a 2016 with 50k on it.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Could you clarify some things?

When you say "3 people seating", do you mean 3 ROWS of seats?

When you say "high rise entrace" do you mean "high ground clearance"?
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,857
    Elevated seating position.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,937
    taking the request at face value, I also suggest a newish vehicle with high miles. Anything else would be money wasted. A least would mean paying for miles you don't use. Buying new would mean harsh depreciation compared to miles driven.

As far as comfy CUVs/SUVs, the choices are seemingly endless.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!