Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

ES300H 2017 vs 2018

ivanl333ivanl333 Member Posts: 7
edited January 2018 in Lexus
Because I have been unable to find an acceptable deal (purchase) for a 2018 ES300H, I have expanded my scope to include the 2017 ES300H. I found a car about 4 hours away that may do the trick given the current incentives available on a 2017.

They seem to be $5,500 cash back (and?) 0% Financing for up to 72 months.

Questions:

1. Can someone confirm if the incentives are "or" or "and"?

2. Any major differences between the 2017 and 2018 that I could be concerned about? I can't seem to find any.

3. Any advice on how to deal with a trade when purchasing from an out of town dealer (4 hour drive)? I have a call into my local dealer to see if he can get the car for me, allowing me to deal locally -- but I am highly skeptical I will have any luck with this. I expect to end up dealing with the out-of-town dealership.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    ivanl333 said:

Because I have been unable to find an acceptable deal (purchase) for a 2018 ES300H, I have expanded my scope to include the 2017 ES300H. I found a car about 4 hours away that may do the trick given the current incentives available on a 2017.

They seem to be $5,500 cash back (and?) 0% Financing for up to 72 months.

Questions:

1. Can someone confirm if the incentives are "or" or "and"?

2. Any major differences between the 2017 and 2018 that I could be concerned about? I can't seem to find any.

3. Any advice on how to deal with a trade when purchasing from an out of town dealer (4 hour drive)? I have a call into my local dealer to see if he can get the car for me, allowing me to deal locally -- but I am highly skeptical I will have any luck with this. I expect to end up dealing with the out-of-town dealership.

Thanks.

$5500 Lexus Cash
    0%/72 months + $1000 finance bonus

Those may not be compatible.
    I don't know for sure, but the way I read it, they are NOT compatible.

So, it looks like you are giving up $4500 if you take the 0$/72 financing.

2) Sorry, no idea

3) If you've contacted the dealer with the vehicle, seems unlikely they'll be willing to let it go to another dealer.
    If not, there might be a chance, but now your dealer knows you have very specific needs, and if they can get the car, what kind of deal will you be able to negotiate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ivanl333ivanl333 Member Posts: 7
    I looked into #1 more closely and I agree with you. I have to pick one or the other.

As for #3, I am going to start with my local dealer. If they can't get the car or won'r negotiate the deal, I will call the dealer with the car directly. The latter will complicated things with my trade though.

Thanks for the response.