Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

HELP! I’ve never leased a vehicle and have no idea what to look for

mistersippimistersippi Posts: 2
edited February 2018 in Audi
South Carolina 2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Plus MSRP $68,490 Lease Term: 36 months / 15k miles a year $2,000 down payment Residual: .59 Payment: $997.59 a month What should I be asking and how much better should I expect to do? Like I’ve said, I’ve only ever went the traditional finance method.

Best Answer

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 131,011

South Carolina
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Plus
    MSRP $68,490
    Lease Term: 36 months / 15k miles a year
    $2,000 down payment
    Residual: .59
    Payment: $997.59 a month

What should I be asking and how much better should I expect to do? Like I’ve said, I’ve only ever went the traditional finance method.

A lease is no different than a purchase. You start by negotiating a selling price, not asking for a payment.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Yes and no. I don’t know what MF and residual and all the calculations really mean. Is what I posted above a good deal? We got the purchase price down to $64k and some change. Which gave us the monthly payment of 997.59 a month. 

What should i ask ask when I go back and how do I determine what’s a good deal based on your experience.