Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

fun Cruisin

lds0111lds0111 Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have had more fun driving my new FJ. I have been stopped nearly everyday that I have had it and asked about it. I like that fact that there will be somewhat of a limit to the # produced. You see so many duplicates of everything else that it is fun to drive something a little unique. Thanks for the "Fun J" Cruiser...

Comments

• ron41ron41 Posts: 37
    I'm enjoying the fact that I'm driving something that's different and isn't duplicated as much as other vehicles. I really don't plan to add or change anything on my FJ because I like it as I bought it. I have the 4x4 auto titanium with everthing except the front skid plate,roof rack, bbs wheels ,first aid kit and trd exhaust system. Paid $29.500 if there are some aftermarket windshield wipers for mudd and snow, I would get those because Chicago's winter is ugly.
  • I had been looking for a new vehicle for about 7 months, but every SUV out there looks just like the next one. The FJ was so quirky and retro, I loved it and immediately bought it. :) It makes driving fun again - and I haven't felt that way since I was a teenager driving a candy apple red '49 Willy's Jeep.

I was also told that this would be a limited production run - how much stock do you put in that, and what numbers were you given?
  • cwopete2cwopete2 Posts: 6
    I test drove an Fj this past week and I also felt like a youngster again. The only concern I have is that I have two kids (15, 10 of age)and I fear that if I was in a situation of distress they could not get out of the back sit because of the folding doors. Also has anyone had a proble with blind spots....???
    But I am in love with it! I am currently driving a highlander 2004 with 3rd optional seats. Will I make a mistake to switch?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Karl seems enamored with it too. :-)

Toyota FJ Cruiser -- Say "Hello!" to 2007's Coolest Car (Karl on Cars)

Steve, Host
  • lds0111lds0111 Posts: 2
    In response to blind spots, at first I had an adjustment period. I have since gotten used to a good view. I have to admit that I bought my FJ without test driving it. I drove it right before I paid for it. The cargo space is a bit limited and the access to the back seat is a bit odd, but I have enjoyed the heck out of it. It feels alot more "zippy" than the GMC Envoy I was previously driving. The information I got about the limited supply was about 45,000. I hope that is right. My FJ is black with white. I like the way it stands out. My boyfriend drives a black Jeep Wrangler-- Imagine that!! Have fun!!! I even ordered a black "GOT FJ" t-shirt... :blush:
  • 3rdiopen3rdiopen Posts: 6
    I don't own one :(.. I do drive them every other day or so. The attention you recieve is unbelievable.!! I want one. But they are hard to get. I have 2 in stock right now at my dealership though..I think one may have sold today.I will get one next year maybe.
  • borlaboyborlaboy Posts: 3
    I heard that Toyota has an exclusive with certain manufacutres... to help promote sales of those sticky bubble mirrors.
  • maxloadmaxload Posts: 5
    I just got an FJ Cruiser last weekend and although it's a great car and it certainly does command attention, I have one slight problem with the height of the car with the added roof rack. I can't fit into the garage at my work with a clearance of 6'3". Keep this in mind if you're looking to buy one. I haven't had any problems with blind spots, but visability out the rear window is limited and will take some getting used to. Other than that, it's a great car so far.
    Funny you should mention that - Edmunds just added one to the long term fleet:

"More than a few editors noted how high the FJ stands with the optional roof rack, something we figured out real quick after barely making it into our underground parking garage."

Long-Term Test: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Steve, Host
  • bbug1bbug1 Posts: 76
    I bought a 4X2 and have noticed that most owners posting on the FJ forums have the 4X4's. While I'm not interested in rugged off-roading, I would like to think that my FJ is capable for navigating terrain that my prior ride couldn't go---2005 Honda Ody(zzzzzzzzzzzzzz).
    So far I am in love with this ride! This is my pre-mid-life-crisis "car" and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
    Lots of great posts over in Straightline about the SEMA show, including this FJ rig:

TLC Canyon Runner FJ Cruiser

It's a "street killer" - sorry Bbug, it's still the 4x4 flavor. :shades:

There's also an entry about a FJ "Rat Rod."
  • Hey "Girl" have you gotten a reply yet?? I am going to buy an FJ and a few shady dealers have told me limited production... from what I have read it is not limited production.
  • dreasdaddreasdad Posts: 276
    total Production for the 2007 model was slated for 46,000

compared to the 500,000 Camry's Toyota will build that is limited production
This discussion has been closed.