Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lease negotiation for 2018 Audi Q5 w/Premium Plus, California

mgcxadvisorsmgcxadvisors Posts: 3
edited March 2018 in Audi
What is the current money factor, residual (10k/36 months) and MSRP discount on a 2018 Audi Q5 in California Bay Area?

Premium plus package with...
- Blue or dark gray model with black interior. Might be open to other colors (except green) if pricing is competitive.
- Dark gray interior trim.
- All season tires a must, 19” or 20” preferred.
- Sound system a must.

Best Answers

Answers

• mgcxadvisorsmgcxadvisors Posts: 3
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @kyfdx! My current A4 lease is up in June, and I'm upgrading to the Q5. It looks like Audi has a $750 loyalty rebate going too.

If you don't mind, I have a lease negotiation question. My understanding is that you don't negotiate lease payments. You negotiate the MSRP and 6% discount, MF, residual, and mileage. And I only pay drive off license & reg, no down payment. I'm aware they can manipulate back end financials to fit whatever payment someone wants.

Most of the dealers are opening the conversation with payments first (example below). I was planning on redirecting the discussion to the above factors. And I'm using this spreadsheet to estimate payments on my end. http://edmu.in/2ypP6t2

Dealer "Good evening Melinda, got your email, I'm interested in knowing what's your lease payment you looking for and how much I need to dig below invoice to make it happen?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,238

Thanks @kyfdx! My current A4 lease is up in June, and I'm upgrading to the Q5. It looks like Audi has a $750 loyalty rebate going too.

If you don't mind, I have a lease negotiation question. My understanding is that you don't negotiate lease payments. You negotiate the MSRP and 6% discount, MF, residual, and mileage. And I only pay drive off license & reg, no down payment. I'm aware they can manipulate back end financials to fit whatever payment someone wants.

Most of the dealers are opening the conversation with payments first (example below). I was planning on redirecting the discussion to the above factors. And I'm using this spreadsheet to estimate payments on my end. http://edmu.in/2ypP6t2

Dealer "Good evening Melinda, got your email, I'm interested in knowing what's your lease payment you looking for and how much I need to dig below invoice to make it happen?

Start the other way...

Take the MSRP, deduct 6%... calculate a payment... figure out the upfronts.

Then, see how that compares with their offer?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gotcha. Do you know what the MF is for CA?