Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

truck wont start

chevy1950chevy1950 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in Chevrolet
2006 Silverado ,new battery when key is turned the gauges drop down and click then it turns over and runs for a few seconds then stops, any ideas ?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited April 2018
    So, when it turns over, does it turn over v-e-r-y slowly? What happens if you jump start it with another vehicle? Has anyone observed sparking or smoke from the battery cables atop the battery? Are the battery cables very warm after this happens?
  • chevy1950chevy1950 Member Posts: 2
    Mr Shiftright ; My battery had died with less than 4amps in it, the battery was only 9 months old. They replaced it and this issue began when I tried to start the truck with new battery in . Left it alone for several hrs and went back out a few minutes ago to give it another try. It fired right up and runs strong. My belief now is that the computer needed some time to recalculate itself. I thank you for your response , and very glad it wasn't something worse.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well you might check that your battery cables are nice and tight!