Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

528i xdrive crank but won’t start

michaelpromichaelpro Member Posts: 1
edited April 2018 in BMW
Hello all 3 months ago bought a 2009 bmw 528i xdrive. First month two ignition coils went out took to shop they changed coils $200. About 2 weeks later 2 more went out. So I looked up info and replaced them myself easy fix.... anyway it was running good for about week then drove into town parked for 2 hours ... came back out crank but no start. BMW shop recommended change fuel pump. So they changed pump $800. Still crank no start. They are recommending change battery.... but I am thinking they are not sure ... so playing guessing game. Installed Obd tool today .... no codes displayed. Any suggestions please thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You should take it to a dealer, or at the very least, a mechanic that can diagnose your issue.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• turrrrboturrrrbo Member Posts: 4
    Have you tried the spark plugs? The ignition coils supply power to the spark plugs so replacing them won't do any good if you have worn spark plugs. Install them yourself...I know of dealers trying to charge $1,000+ to do plugs, and you can do them yourself for $45 and an hour or two.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    For weird electrical stuff, consider to swap the battery unless you are 110% sure it is less than 2 (3?) years old and has never been damaged by a full discharge.