Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Trouble in Cold Weather? RPMS? 2018 Crosstrek

courtneym87courtneym87 Member Posts: 15
edited April 2018 in Subaru
I live in NJ where lately winters last about 5 years...haha
I loved test driving a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek a few weeks ago. I was picking up kids at school pick up last week and happened to park next to someone with a new Crosstrek so I asked how she liked it. She said it's really nice but there is a problem in cold weather. She couldn't elaborate so I was concerned and tried finding things online...all I found was 1 youtube video of a guy taking a video of the speedometer and RPM dial but didn't say exactly what the issue might be.
Anyone have any insight or knowledge about such an issue and what it exactly means?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=WXdCMX61Muc

Comments

• Options
    saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    saying there's a problem without elaborating? LOL that could be anything.
    I will say I was driving with my dog laying across the passenger seat when he inadvertently push the gear shift handle into manual (paddle shift mode). I had no idea what was going on while driving up a hill on the highway and getting no acceleration. I pulled off the next exit and it took a while for me to realize what had happened.
  • Options
    movin_on_upmovin_on_up Member Posts: 8
    We're in PA and the only problem we've got with the Crosstrek is EyeSight doesn't work with light snow. This means with heavy snow or worse weather, we're out of luck. I think we hit near 0 degrees today, so that constitutes cold weather :) . Car worked like a champ.
  • Options
    forresthforresth Member Posts: 34
    I know what they think is a problem with the RPMs. When the engine is cold the ECU will change the idle and transmission engagment (slippage?). This seems to be more pronounced when the weather is below about 40 deg F. For instance, mine (2018 Crosstrek) will have higher RPMs for about the first 5 minutes. The idle is also faster and slightly rougher. Once the engine and trans fluid warm up everything goes back to what you would expect.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

We're in PA and the only problem we've got with the Crosstrek is EyeSight doesn't work with light snow. This means with heavy snow or worse weather, we're out of luck. I think we hit near 0 degrees today, so that constitutes cold weather :) . Car worked like a champ.

What part of Eyesight doesn't work?
  • Options
    dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2019

What part of Eyesight doesn't work?
    According to another thread, it's actually Blind Spot Monitoring, not EyeSight that they're having an issue with.