Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Changed my heater core on my 02 s10, now no functioning odometer, speedometer, or fan

therealnoahtherealnoah Member Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in Chevrolet
Hello, I have recently changed my heater core in my 2002 Chevrolet s-10, and upon reassembling everything, I have run into a problem.
I turn the ignition, and the truck starts fine, however I must have some sort of electrical or computer issue going on.
On the odometer, it lights up, but clearly is getting no communication from any of the sensors, because their is no mileage reading, no gas reading, no speed movement, no rpm movement, etc...
If I go to turn on the heat or AC, again, the control panel lights up, but no reaction from any of the controls.
My radio is also the same, buttons light up, but the clock does not light up, and it does not turn on.
I am not sure what the issue could be, I was thinking in regards to the blower fan controls, perhaps the blower motor resistor could be at fault, however, if that was the case that still does not explain the odometer and the radio not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Have you tried reaching back there and doing a "wiggle test" on the various harnesses? Sounds like either you've pulled a connector apart or perhaps failed to secure an important ground wire?

And by all means, check your fusible links and fuse box, just in case.
  • Options
    therealnoahtherealnoah Member Posts: 2
    Hey Mr_Shiftright, I have checked all of the fuses with my multi meter earlier, they are good. I am going to be purchasing a new blower motor resistor tomorrow, so perhaps that would fix the fans not working. I will check the odometer connections as well, perhaps something needs soldered. I will give an update after I do these things.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    This type of electrical failure requires some patience. Do you have a professional scan tool?