Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Mercedes Benz S550 vs 2014 Chrysler 300C Hemi

azontodanceazontodance Member Posts: 14
edited May 2018 in General
Hello Everybody,

I am Dray, I'm new here, and I hope to share alot of experience with you guys.

Here is my question. I'm shopping for a used car. I'm on a budget.

I have two choice to pick from. One is 2008 Mercedes Benz S 550, or 2014 Chrysler 300C.

Both vehicles are of same value presently. I love S550 Benz, but I got my eye on both benz and 2014 300C. Seems they both have same Engine.

According to your experience, which one would you recommend I buy? in terms of Performance and Maintenance...I know 08 is older than 2014, but they are both same price currently, maybe 2014 300C is $2000 more.

Please help me guys....

Thank You all in Advance
It's a big SIN not to drive the car you love.

Best Answers

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    Answer ✓
    Not the same engine.

300c will last you far longer and be cheaper to maintain. S550 has already suffered the bulk of its depreciation but when something goes wrong, it will put you in the poor house. Unless you are a mechanic, I vote Chrysler.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    Yeah, really depends on your maintenance budget, ability to perform DIY tasks, and the condition of each car. A 10 year old S-class is something you don't want to take to a dealer - you'll need to know a good independent mechanic. For a normal 15K+ mile/year commute through the Houston traffic slog, the 300 will be easier to live with. If you can do routine chores yourself and are obsessive about care (and the car has zero issues as it sits), the MB can be doable.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Answer ✓
    You really can't use the word "budget" and 2008 Mercedes S-class in the same sentence. The only way you'd come out alive on a used S class that is out of warranty is if you have a lot of tech training and know how to do electronic diagnostics.

I vote Chrysler.

Answers

• Options
    azontodanceazontodance Member Posts: 14
    Thank you very much guys... You guys are the best...
    It's a big SIN not to drive the car you love.