Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 2dracs2dracs Member Posts: 1
    We live in western Washington, and are about ready to buy a 2008 RX350 with the nav system and most options other than the rear dvd. We've read about some of the dealer incentives and great deals happening out there ... but what about in our area (Seattle)? Anyone have any shopping experience or know what kind of bottom line price we might negotiate at one of the 3 dealers within 100 miles of us?
  • rmgmagrmgmag Member Posts: 2
    I purchased from Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburg, IL.

It is our 2nd purchase from this dealership.

I dealt with the internet sales team and I was direct and upfront with them.

Their intitial offer was $42,700. I countered with $40,500 thinking no way would they take that on a sticker price of $45,881 but to my surprise they took it.
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Congrats on your new purchase.

$40,500 represents the invoice price. They accepted the invoice price because they received an additional $2,000 plus from Lexus to sell 2008 RX's, as the 2009 RX's are arriving.

Enjoy your new wheels.
  • bao1bao1 Member Posts: 55
    I could be wrong but it looks like the 2K incentive is regional and that's why on Edmunds it shows up as a factory to dealer incentive for a California zip code but there is no such incentive in the Chicago area.
  • chevy769chevy769 Member Posts: 12
    Hello carlovernj,
    It appears that you have insider information about incentives, such as the 2,000 to sell 2008's. Where do you get this info? Also, my wife and I held off buying a 2008 thinking that the 2009 would be restyled. Now we hear that the 2009 will be the same as the 2008. Any comments on that? Also, I see almost no notes on deals in the DFW or Shreveport areas. I live between the two cities and have bought two Lexus' since 1994. We are driving an almost perfect still 1999 RX. Any information about where to obtain the best deals in DFW or Shreveport.
    chevy789
    Hi chevy789,

From reading these forums on edmunds.com, I was able to learn of the cash back from Lexus to dealers. I have learned so much from these forums, especially that the 2009 RX is identical to the 2008 RX (except for a few color changes, and the new "pebble beach" edition). I knew this a month or so ago. I know in January, someone in California bought for $2800 under invoice. I had spoken with a dealer in NY, and they confirmed they got incentives too. How much, I don't know. In addition, I don't know what incentives Lexus is providing dealers in Feb to unload the 2008 RX's. I would think that the incentives continued into February, as they need to unload 2008's. The 2009 RX's are currently arriving at dealerships. I personally wanted to lease a 2008 RX, but the cash back incentives to dealers are only on sales of the vehicle, not a lease. The lease price on the 2008, was nothing to write home about. So, if I was to lease, I might get a 2009 RX at some time in the future. Otherwise, I might try to get a good deal purchasing the 2008, if I can get a great price. Let me know how you make out.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Incentives for 08 RX is till 03/31.
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    I met with my Salesmen this morning at Arkansas's only Lexus dealer for the whole state and gave the go ahead to have the RX350 I want shipped in from a out of state dealer. MSRP is $43231 and the dealer wants $40,790, about $1200 over invoice. That's about what they sell their Lexus vehicles for around here as there are no other competitors in state. I was ready to sign a buyers order and give them a deposit but they had to contact the other dealer to see if the one I want is still available. I have not heard a word from the dealer in about 3 hours although my salesman had some errands he had to run after we left the dealership this morning. I had been looking at the Toyota Highlander Sport with specific options and none were to be found anywhere and would have had to be a special order which means I may get have gotten it in a month, 2 months, 6 months or never. Since I have owned 2 Lexus and currently have a 2005 ES330 I know they make great cars. I am all dressed up and no where to go at this point in time. Just waiting for that call.............
    Great, thanks Praz.

I guess I'll see the end of this month, how much under invoice they can go. At least I know, I have another month to do so if need be.

Thanks again.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Don't delay too long, although the incentive may last until the end of March, many dealers' stock of 2008 RXs are quickly being depleted. My 2¢.

Pete :)
    Did you price the car in Dallas or FW? I am interested in how I could do there since I have bought two there.
    Just wanted to relay the experience I had with a local Toyota dealership and the Lexus dealership. As I drove up to the Toyota dealership the lot was full of young men and women who were dressed in wrinkled white shirts and cheap ties and looked desperate to make some kind of sell. I parked my car and I was swarmed like a stick stuck in a fire ant mound. They wanted to know if they could help me. I told them the name of the salesperson I had talked to over the phone and they looked like they had lost their last friend as they took out their cell phone and called him to let him know I has arrived. The salesperson took me for a test drive and we went inside the building to discuss price and options as if I decided to buy a Toyota it would have to be a Special Order. I was told to have a seat in a cafeteria/arcade like setting. I sat down at a fixed table with small plastic chairs as customer's kids played video games screaming and yelling. There were other people sitting around me eating, smoking and drinking. My salesperson finally brought me a print out of costs and demanded a deposit if I was serious on buying. I got up and left and could not have left any faster unless I ran. The next stop was at the Lexus dealer. I parked my car and there was not anybody on the lot. I walked through some glass doors with brass handles and was met by a very well dressed young lady who asked if she could help me. I told her the salesperson's name and she promptly paged him. She then offered to get me a soft drink, juice or bottled water if I wished. I was met by my salesperson who was dressed very professionally, white shirt, expensive power tie, every hair in place, shined shoes, etc. We took a test drive and then went into a private office that had a lot of mahogany wood and glass. Very quite and we then went over the color/options I wanted. We shook hands and he said he would give me a call as they did not have the RX 350 I wanted on the lot but would have to do a search. I was contacted later and a deal was struck over the phone, no deposit made and I am picking up the Lexus next Wednesday. Quite a difference in two different dealerships even though Lexus is made by Toyota. Also the last Lexus I bought from this dealership sent my wife a vase with flowers and gave us a bottle of wine. We were also sent a nice gold card that had the signature of every employee from the owner down to the car wash boy. I hate to say it but the Lexus dealership does pamper and spoil their customers like no other manufacturer.
  • pt838pt838 Member Posts: 16
    I was shopping for a RX350 today, I went to the local dealer and was quoted a price of 41,700 for a 2008 RX350 with Navigation. The sticker was about 45,700. I thought it was a nice discount until I started reading on this website about the 2009 RX350 arriving in February. Was the dealer actually trying to sell me a leftover model?
  • sredsred Member Posts: 1
    I was shopping for Lexus Rx 350 Premium package. I was quoted $35,700 with 3.9% financing.

Is this is agood deal? Thanks
  • pt838pt838 Member Posts: 16
    It sounds like a better deal than mine, but bear in mind that the 2009's are out so you are buying a leftover. I was not happy that the sales person did not mention the 2009, so I felt he was a little shady.
    There is no difference between the 2008 and 2009 models but you will pay about $1500-1600 more for the same options on the 2009 due to TMV for the 2009. It is a trade off. Pay more for the same vehicle in a 2009 but the vehicle is one model year newer or save $15-1600 on a 2008 which in my opinion is not a left over but a model that is still in the current calendar year.I am picking up a 2008 model this Wednesday and will enjoy driving it and know that the same vehicle for 2009 will cost somebody $1500 more for the same options that I have. Usually the new model years come out in the fall but since their is no difference between the 2008 and 2009 and rumor has it the 2010 model will have a body change to accomodate a 3'rd row of seats, Lexus is just playing a mind game with the consumer and their pocket book JMHO
    Congrats on your new wheels, you must be excited.

Please let us know the MSRP for your '08 RX, and the price you paid.

Thanks, and enjoy your beautiful new vehicle.
  • maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    Now that Lexus has lowered their pricing on the RX there is about a $5400 difference from the Canadian pricing vs US pricing. I was definitely going to import a US vechicle when there was a about a $13k difference,and may still do so. The local dealer tells me there is no problem with the warranty on US vechicles, but what they would not honor is their concierge service, loaner cars when the vechicle is in for service, pickup and delivery of the vechicle for scheduled service, car wash when the vechicle is in for service etc. $5400 difference off MSRP is not small change!! I know I would have to buy thru a broker because most dealers will not sell to a Canadian. has anyone had the experience of buying thru a broker, and what prices were you able to get. In Canada most dealers are getting very close to MSRP and before Lexus lowered their prices, local dealer would only discount a max of 5%. Please let me know if anyone has bought thru a broker and if it was a good experience.
  • bao1bao1 Member Posts: 55
    41,700 is too much for a 2008 with Navigation. Just closed a deal on a 2008 AWD model with Nav for 40K + TTL. MSRP was 45,881. With the 2009 models hitting the showroom, there's definitely room to negotiate on the 2008 models.
  • eastwest08eastwest08 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone bought the Platimum Plan for RX350? The dealer's price is $2350. Is this negotiable? How much is other people paying?

We just made a deal for a 2008 RX350 premium plus with navigation in NJ. The OTD price is 41.1K.
  • gmangogmango Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2008 AWD with Navigation with MSRP of 45881 for less than $39000 in Southern california. Definitely the best time to buy a 2008 before the $2000 marketing promo or special Leasing promo runs out by 3/31. :)
    Congrats on you new RX, you must be excited.

I am also interested in buying an 08 RX 350. Can you please let me know the breakdown of your 41.1k price.

Price paid before taxes, taxes, other fees (license, doc fees, etc).

Thanks so much.
    Got a question for anybody. When you are wrapping up the deal on your new Lexus which I hope to do tomorrow, the finance officer will usually want to offer you some"extras" before the bottom line is completed on the sale. One of the things he will ask you is do you want to take out road hazard warranty on the tires ? The last Lexus I bought I did take it out at $25 per tire x 5 (spare). Since I have been reading the Lexus forum threads I have noticed that the tire wear is awful and they might only last 15-20K miles. There are a lot better tires that you can replace the originals with that will last a lot longer. I think the tire road hazard warranty would be a waste of money. Any body agree or disagree? Any other "extras" that you feel would be a waste of money?
    I am a very big advocate of road hazard warranty's.

If you get a flat tire, or any problem with the tire, nail in it, glass, etc. it is usually covered (except for vandalism ie someone puncturing the tires).

That means that if you pay $125 for the warranty on all tires, it takes just one incident to pay for itself. Otherwise, you have to buy a brand new tire.

I have been buying Firestone tires (Bridgestone potenzas) for my Nissan, and I always buy the warranty at $12 per tire. I have had a few flats, so this has paid for itself ten fold. How the warrenty works, if I get a flat tire which is not repairable, and only 20% of the tread was worn, I only have to pay 20% for a brand new tire.

For me, I would probably take the warranty, but you need to do what you feel comfortable with.
  • eastwest08eastwest08 Member Posts: 2
    Here is the breakdown price:

Before tax: 38K
    Tax: 7%
    License and doc fees: ~$500

Total: 41.1K

Good luck.
  • tino_sftino_sf Member Posts: 1
    I just bought about 2 weeks ago. MSRP was $45,881.00

Here is what I paid for my Fully Loaded '08 RX350:

Vehicle Price: $38,600.00
    Accessories (Ski Rack & All Weather Mats): $480.00
    Document Preparation Fee: $55.00 ( I can't believe I paid for this)
    CA Sales Tax: $2,900.00
    License Fees, Registration, CA Tire Fees: $326.00

Total: $42,361

Anyone know how much is the ski rack alone cost? I snowboards and I didn't know that the ski rack only holds 2 snowboards so I will be selling it. Anyone wants to buy it?
  • dd768dd768 Member Posts: 4
    What Canadian price are you looking at, and what US MSRP vehicle is this for?
    I just purchased new in the US through a friend - so in essence this was my "broker". Feel free to communicate with me at my above user name @hotmail.com.
    Thanks so much, enjoy your new RX.
  • rfengboyrfengboy Member Posts: 4
    Just pickup a 2008 RX350 from Prestige in NJ last night ask for Bill Lamb. You are able to get either models for the Price of $38k. (MSRP $35,771 & $35,881)

You are not obligated to use Bill as the reference because he gets the commission. Basically, he was only the paper pusher because I already made the deal with his sales manger prior. They were pissed that I got the car as such a good price and I had the nerve to ask for winterized floor mats. We took the car without the Graphite-Finish Alloy for $100 less and used the mats to cover the difference but they wouldn’t and got pissed.

Do me a favor, if you buy a car from them, drive them crazy about the winterized floor mats. “Tell them the winterized floor mats will break the deal” haha

Please note: Prestige is cocky because they have a large inventory.

Enjoy... Please let know your experience with the dealership.

Selling Price $38,000.00
    NJ Taxes $2,660.00
    Tire Tax $7.50
    Doc. Fees $149.00
    Reg. Fees $331.00

Grand Total $41,147.50

MSRP $45,771.00
    TYPO..sorry guys

2008 RX350 (MSRP $45,771 & $45,881) for $38k
    Congratulations on your new RX. You must be excited.

Thanks for letting us know, that was really helpful.

I will hopefully be buying as well. I can't decide between the flint mica or millenium silver.
    Hey Carlovernj,

We were in the same boat. (Flint mica or millennium silver) My Girlfriend went with the Flint Mica with non-graphite alloy. They had plenty of Millennium Silver with or without the non-graphite alloy for $38k.

Try Ray Catena, they claimed to sell the car for $37,900. I want to know their BS Doc fees and etc.

Tri-Country’s Doc Fees was $199.00 plus the BS Window etching $169.00 forced upon.
  • sud23sud23 Member Posts: 10
    From a CA dealership I was able to get the car with MSRP $45,881 for $37,700 + $55 doc fee + $8.75 tire fee + $775 shipping to TX
    Hey rfengboy,

The Flint mica is beautiful, it has a really elegant look to it.

The reason I am considering the silver, is that my wife and I live in a condo complex with an open garage area. The garage area is covered, but dust seems to always blow in, and its hard to keep your car clean. I would think the silver, might be better at not showing dirt, etc. Sometimes the silver, however, looks kind of plain, where the flint mica has such a really nice shine/ look.

I better make up my mind!
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats sud23, thats awsome.
    I am trying to get a deal from Sewell and Park place but they are nowhere close to what you paid. Can you please provide me the details how did you do it? Did you pay your taxes with the CA dealership or you paid them in TX. Also if you can please tell me the name of the dealership.
    Well congrats again and enjoy your new ride. You got a deal. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same.
    Thankyou.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,706
    "do you want to take out road hazard warranty on the tires ?"

You can answer this - how many times in your life have you had a tire fail that a warranty would have replaced? And how many tires have you had? My answers are 0 and about 100, so, to me, the warranty is not worth it. They wouldn't be selling it if they didn't expect to make (big) money on it. There are always going to be exections, of course.
    When I picked up my new RX yesterday the salesman spent at least an hour going over all of the bells and whistles and answering my quesions which is really an enjoyable experience when you buy the Lexus brand we both noticed the passanger floor mats did not have the hooks in them like the drivers and both of the back seat passanger floor mats. I will take my RX back in a month for the personalized settings and will have them fix this issue if it is suppose to have hooks like all of theother mats. Does the front passanger floor mat suppose to have hooks to keep it in place ?
  • sud23sud23 Member Posts: 10
    I emailed a bunch of dealers the west coast and asked for their best prices. Putnam lexus had the best one so I just went from there. I did not pay any sales tax in CA, I will be paying it in TX when I get the car. I haven't gotten the car yet but it will be shipped to us next week.
    You are right but too late in your answer. If the RX came with Bridgestone All Season tires I was not going to take the warranty but the RX came with Michelins which I think will get more milage wear so in a weak moment I told the finance guy I would take the road hazzard warranty. It was $29 per tire and he put it on the bill of sale at $116 for four tires and did not charge for the spare. When I got home I was going over all the paper work and started adding up the charges that I had payed. My dealer can take care of the license tag transfer and taxes so that was on the bill of sale also. I wrote out a check for the bottom line and when I added up all of the charges the finance guy did not add in the $116 for the road hazzard warranty ! So I figure they made enough on me from the sale and if they screwed up adding up the numbers I feel that is on them and not me.
  • markfmmarkfm Member Posts: 1
    Dealer took very good care of me, as a return customer.
    2008 Lexus RX350 AWD with Navigation

NV-Navigation, Back up camera and Bluetooth
    PT-Premium Plus Package
    HH-Heated Front Seats/int. Wipers
    WL-Wheel Locks
    C1-Cargo Mat
    TO-Tow prep package
    FT-18" Wheels

MSRP $45,771
    Invoice $40,723
    Sale price $39,200

I know the folks in major metro areas are getting these for 1K - 1.5K less, but in this area that's a really good price. Their service is stellar, and it's the service over the years of ownership that really makes Lexus a pleasure to own. They've comped (goodwill) several things over the years, including a recent quite expensive item (not in warranty, but they agreed it ought not have had a problem).
  • timmy58timmy58 Member Posts: 2
    You did good. How much less? I bought today and paid 39915, MSRP 45881
    Should I be mad?
    08 350 AWD in Central CA.
  • timmy58timmy58 Member Posts: 2
    Where'd ya score that deal?
    from Prestige in NJ last night ask for Bill Lamb
  • btibetsybtibetsy Member Posts: 2
    I got quoted 41K for a RX350 with everything but the DVD. Also 46,500 for the hybrid version same situation. Seems like the price is high on the RX350 based on messages posted. Any feedback for the Chicago area?
  • a8man1a8man1 Member Posts: 23
    I got a quote of $2000 under invoice from a couple of Chicago and a Milwaukee dealer.
    08 AWD RX 350 (15 miles)
    Premium Plus
    Nav
    Heated Seats w/RS Wipers
    Tow Prep
    Tow Brackets
    $46400 Approx MSRP
    Paid $39200+TTL
  • neo74neo74 Member Posts: 4
    I have been a Honda fan for many years, and just bought my first toyota product yesterday.

08 RX350, AWD, breakwater blue ext and ivory int, standard premium plus pkg stuff, no nav (didn't really need it, have a Garmin). Car price 35.5K, OTD 38.5K.

The sales guy (this is a NorCal dealer) started the negotiation from 36.5K (2K below her invoice number of 38.5K), and got to 35.5K fairly quickly; we didn't really negotiate any further (thanks to this forum, I know others have successfully got the price to 35K, so obviously I can work a bit more on my negotiation skills, or my patience =) This lexus sales guy wasn't exactly the nicest person to talk with, but we figure that we got an OK deal. :)

Originally, I really really want to get an 2008 Acura (nice style, SH-AWD, tons of cargo space with 3rd-row-down, the electronics are a generation ahead of RX, IMO). It is definitely more of a "driver's" car.

But in the end, since we are buying this SUV to be the "family car", the ride comfort is a extremely important factor for us (wife win). The comfort level (for both 1st and 2nd row) on the RX is better for sure. I guess that I "caved in" ... so even when I was enjoying the smooth ride on RX 350 home last night, there was still a bit "echo" in the back of my mind, what if ...

I am wondering how many people in this forum had similar experiences (i.e. comparing RX with MDX). Either one is a great car, no question about it; they are just so very different.
  • snoopy57snoopy57 Member Posts: 1
    so how much is the out the door price that you paid? i'm thinking of getting exactly the same as what you have :+)
  • bchen7611bchen7611 Member Posts: 6
    which state are you in?

I am in Seattle, Washington. Local dealers said they don't have the $2000 incentives from Lexus. The best price they can offer is the invoice price.
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    I am in the same boat as you - dealer has hinted they would do invoice, though we have not started seriously talking yet.

I have not contacted the dealer in Lynnwood, only the one in Bellevue. Tacoma and Bellevue are owned by the same folks.

Will let you know how things go...