Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima SV 2017.5/New Car/ has got 800 odd miles on it

nissan2017_18nissan2017_18 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2018 in Nissan
I went to buy a Nissan altima SV(2017.5), the dealer says its a brand new car but the speedometer reads 800 plus miles. When asked about it, the dealer said it was all the miles added by test drives and so on. OOD prize for this car is $18500.
these are my doubts:
1) The dealer said its all test drive miles, but its kind of weary for me.. is there a possibility it would be a demo car?
2) Dealer initially did not reveal the warranty has already started when asked he said it's not, but once i finalized the deal the next day there was the finance person who told the warranty has already started. When asked he said thats how it works. (trap 2)
3) When asked about the VIN number, the dealer on first day said a brand new car does not have a carfax, the next day when i checked for my own finance with my financier they told it's got 5 records but no bad history. I'm confused!!
can anyone help me to understand if its a good deal or not.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810

I went to buy a Nissan altima SV(2017.5), the dealer says its a brand new car but the speedometer reads 800 plus miles. When asked about it, the dealer said it was all the miles added by test drives and so on. OOD prize for this car is $18500.
    these are my doubts:
    1) The dealer said its all test drive miles, but its kind of weary for me.. is there a possibility it would be a demo car?
    2) Dealer initially did not reveal the warranty has already started when asked he said it's not, but once i finalized the deal the next day there was the finance person who told the warranty has already started. When asked he said thats how it works. (trap 2)
    3) When asked about the VIN number, the dealer on first day said a brand new car does not have a carfax, the next day when i checked for my own finance with my financier they told it's got 5 records but no bad history. I'm confused!!
    can anyone help me to understand if its a good deal or not.

1) Demo = test drive. What did you think demo meant? It's demonstrator, not demolition.. ;)
    2) Yes... this is the biggest gotcha to getting a demo. The warranty starts ticking, the day it's put in service.
    3) Even a new car will have Carfax info, eventually, even if it hasn't been titled.

No help on pricing, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator