Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Is this a good lease deal?

kevfromqukevfromqu Posts: 3
edited June 2018 in Acura
2019 TLX V6 SH-AWD w/Tech $5,000 down + $317.50 Tax + $399 First Payment = $5,716.50 total due at signing 36 month lease with 15k Miles/Year $399/month
Tagged:

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,385
    kevfromqu said:

2019 TLX V6 SH-AWD w/Tech
    $5,000 down + $317.50 Tax + $399 First Payment = $5,716.50 total due at signing
    36 month lease with 15k Miles/Year
    $399/month

Doesn't seem that great.
    Why put so much upfront on a lease?

What state and tax rate?
    What is MSRP
    Selling price or adjusted CAP cost?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kevfromqukevfromqu Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    Trading in another vehicle that will cover downpayment and will actually be getting a check back for excess. My wife would like a lower monthly payment, that is the reason for the large upfront. I know it is essentially the same as less down and more monthly; more of a mental thing I guess. 
    State - NY
    Tax Rate - 8.625%
    MSRP - $43,095 (includes $995 destination charge)
    I will ask for the sales price (I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to leasing)

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,385
    kevfromqu said:

Trading in another vehicle that will cover downpayment and will actually be getting a check back for excess. My wife would like a lower monthly payment, that is the reason for the large upfront. I know it is essentially the same as less down and more monthly; more of a mental thing I guess. 
    State - NY
    Tax Rate - 8.625%
    MSRP - $43,095 (includes $995 destination charge)
    I will ask for the sales price (I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to leasing)

That's basically equivalent to $550/mo, with just first payment due at signing.
    That's not real cheap for a $43K vehicle.

But, you'll be the first one on your block with a new 2019.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator