Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Extra Care Mechanical Protection

tallgilliantallgillian Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in Toyota
I am buying a Demo 2018 RAV 4 Hybrid XLE. Is it worth buying the extra care mechanical protection for $2366 plus tax (Canadian) . My intention is to keep this vehicle for 10 years or so. That would cover about $1100 in servicing in the first 3 years; roadside assistance for 7 years.

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,954

I am buying a Demo 2018 RAV 4 Hybrid XLE. Is it worth buying the extra care mechanical protection for $2366 plus tax (Canadian) . My intention is to keep this vehicle for 10 years or so. That would cover about $1100 in servicing in the first 3 years; roadside assistance for 7 years.

People buy Toyotas, partially for their reputation for trouble free driving.

I'd rather keep the $2366 and use it as needed for maintenance and possible repairs. I'll guess you will come out ahead in the long run, and definitely in the short run (because: warranty)

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Tis. I am enjoying the vehicle . . .
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,954

Tis. I am enjoying the vehicle . . .

Congrats!

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator