Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Is there a brand that offers better lease deals for 24 months than the usual 36 or 39?

joacosolejoacosole Member Posts: 17
edited June 2018 in General
Most brands sweet spot for lease deals is 36 months, whereas Infiniti is 39 months. Is there a brand that has better numbers at 24 months?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,164
    joacosole said:

Most brands sweet spot for lease deals is 36 months, whereas Infiniti is 39 months. Is there a brand that has better numbers at 24 months?

That happens rarely, and it's usually model specific, rather than make specific.
    Most of the time, it occurs on a vehicle with a large amount of incentives/discounts.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    And while we're at it, why are there 39 month leases, instead of 36? With warranties usually good for 36 months, the 39 month lease doesn't make much sense to me...
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,164
    texases said:

And while we're at it, why are there 39 month leases, instead of 36? With warranties usually good for 36 months, the 39 month lease doesn't make much sense to me...

If you lease for 15K/yr, you are out of warranty before 36 months, anyway..

Infiniti is the company that pushes 39 month lease the most, but their warranty doesn't end at 36 months, either.
    Also, most companies have longer powertrain warranties than 36 months.

But, I agree.. if it's a 36 month warranty, and you lease for 10K or 12K/yr, then I'd avoid anything over 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator