Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Blind Spots in my new FX35

racersamiracersami Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in INFINITI
I have discovered a blind spot in my FX35. I picked it up two weeks ago and didn't notice it when I test drove it. I love the car but don't know what to do. A co-worker told me about something called lanefx (http://lanefx.com). It is very interesting and I am wondering if anyone out there has it and can tell me how it works or if there are any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Before trying something like that (that may be more distracting to me than a fixed mirror, not to mention it looks expensive and complicated), I'd try adjusting the rearview mirrors. Lots of people still do it the old school way instead of the recommended procedure as described in this post and accompanying link:

talon95, "Honda Accord Owners: Problems & Solutions" #7078, 25 Feb 2004 10:52 am

I also got a wider clip on mirror for the rearview mirror in my minivan for a few bucks, but adjusting the side mirrors as described above helped more.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I just don't like clipping things on. I also have my side mirrors set so far out that I don't even see the side of my own car anymore. As I was doing some research on the lanefx product I also found this which I thought was interesting. It was posted by a company I sometimes look at leftlanenews.com:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/

Thanks for the adivce Steve!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That's the idea; you aren't supposed to see the side of your car; instead you see the other cars in the adjacent lanes and hopefully that gets rid of the blind spots as well.

For a buck or two, you could get a little convex mirror and stick on your sideview mirrors too. Lots of folks seem to like them and there's no moving parts to break.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Thanks, but I still lose the smaller cars (s2000's, focus, etc) once they leave the area covered in the mirror. Motorcycles are a huge problem too (although they are a blind spot problem no matter what car you have).

I can try those little mirrors, I just hate how they look. They are so ugly and detract from the beauty of the car itself. :(
This discussion has been closed.