Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 BMW X3 Rebates Summary

suv_fan_boysuv_fan_boy Posts: 4
edited June 2018 in BMW
Looking to buy a 2018 BMW X3. I am a cash buyer (for certain reason, I have to buy with all cash). I know there is a dealer cash incentive ($2000). How do I get most out of this $2000 ? since this is a dealer incentive.

One strategy I am thinking:
Step 1: email all nearby dealers (I live in Bay Area, there are many BMW dealers luckily), get 11% off MSRP first.
Step 2: in email, ask dealer to give $2000 more credits because buying all cash
Step 3: If they agree, then go to dealers, use other factory rebate and buy the car.

Will dealers give all $2000 dealer incentive to me ? Is there better strategy ?
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 134,763

Looking to buy a 2018 BMW X3. I am a cash buyer (for certain reason, I have to buy with all cash). I know there is a dealer cash incentive ($2000). How do I get most out of this $2000 ? since this is a dealer incentive.

One strategy I am thinking:
    Step 1: email all nearby dealers (I live in Bay Area, there are many BMW dealers luckily), get 11% off MSRP first.
    Step 2: in email, ask dealer to give $2000 more credits because buying all cash
    Step 3: If they agree, then go to dealers, use other factory rebate and buy the car.

Will dealers give all $2000 dealer incentive to me ? Is there better strategy ?

What ZIP?

Just be upfront about paying cash. Dealers will give you their price. You can't "trick" the dealer into giving you a lower price.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

If I tell buy with cash, will they give me 10% plus 2000 dealer incentives ?

If I tell buy with cash, will they give me 10% plus 2000 dealer incentives ?

I only show $1500 incentive for purchase in your zip. (cash or finance)
    1.9% APR up to 60 months

Generally, 7% off MSRP, minus incentives is a good deal.

I can't tell you what the dealer might do, though.

Edmunds Moderator

• Thanks. Is $1500 incentive factory rebate or dealer incentive?

Thanks. Is $1500 incentive factory rebate or dealer incentive?

On a cash deal, it's BMW-to-dealer incentive

If you finance, it's a customer rebate

Edmunds Moderator