Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Good price on used (not loaner) 2018 X3 xdrive with 500 miles

belwah87belwah87 Posts: 23
edited July 2018 in BMW
I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable or good price would be on a used 2018 X3 xdrive with 500 miles. Dealer says retail price is $57,000. They are asking 48,000, which is a 15.8% discount on the stated retail price. But, the vehicle is truly used (not a demo) with a clean carfax -- titled to an owner in January 2018 and traded back in to the dealer last week. I assume it's not eligible for a lease deal or new car dealer financing or the various available incentives.

The car has the following options: Driving assistance package, Executive package, Premium package, M sport package, panoramic moonroof, Apple carplay compatible, rear manual side window shades. I'd like all of those options, except possibly the M sport package.

I can pay cash, but would also be willing to finance if the deal was right. If a good price on a loaner is 12-15% off, in addition to any incentives, would 25% off the MSRP of this used vehicle be reasonable? For the asking price of only 16% off on this used vehicle, I think I'd rather go for a loaner for about the same discount and get even more off using the available incentives for a 'new' car.

Also, I plan to ask for the service records of the vehicle before proceeding. I want to know why it was driven so little over 6 months, but definitely have concerns that it's a lemon.

Insights and advice very welcome. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 128,067
    Don't you lose the maintenance package on a used car, now?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• CarGuy356CarGuy356 Posts: 7
    edited August 14
    Normally, I see a newish car being sold used like that one above and I think it's because something changed in the owner's life like finances, or location, or divorce, etc, and it looks like a good opportunity to me. But after reading the X3 forums with all the crazy problems on these cars, I would run away from a barely used X3.