Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Told the buyback of the 2018 Dodge Charger will be 44%

NJMomsterNJMomster NJPosts: 2
edited August 2018 in General
Interested in leasing a 2108 GT. I have a 2015 SXT Plus. Ironically, both have the EXACT same sticker price, both with zero down, but the dealer wants $75 dollars more a month. He said that the residual cost went from 59% for my 2015 Charger AWD SXT Plus to 44% for the 2018 Charger AWD GT that I am looking at now.
Could that be correct???

Answers

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,114
    NJMomster said:

Interested in leasing a 2108 GT. I have a 2015 SXT Plus. Ironically, both have the EXACT same sticker price, both with zero down, but the dealer wants $75 dollars more a month. He said that the residual cost went from 59% for my 2015 Charger AWD SXT Plus to 44% for the 2018 Charger AWD GT that I am looking at now.
    Could that be correct???

44% is the correct 39/15 residual for the Charger GT.

That will do a number on the monthly lease payment - 15% of, say, $40K is $6K, or over $150/mo.

Not a great trim level to lease.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• NJMomsterNJMomster NJPosts: 2
    Thank you for your response, but I don't understand some of what you are saying. What is 39/15? I was quoted 36 months 10,000 miles (same for my old lease). The capitalized cost of my old lease was about $32, as is this lease that I am looking at. The residual however on the old lease was just over $21k and the new one will be $15k. $7,000 diff over 3 years would be $194 so I thought $75 per month more sounded good.
    Am I totally off base??
    "Not a great trim level to lease"...do you mean the GT doesn't hold the value??
    I really appreciate your input!!!! Thanks again
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,114
    edited August 2018
    NJMomster said:

Thank you for your response, but I don't understand some of what you are saying. What is 39/15? I was quoted 36 months 10,000 miles (same for my old lease). The capitalized cost of my old lease was about $32, as is this lease that I am looking at. The residual however on the old lease was just over $21k and the new one will be $15k. $7,000 diff over 3 years would be $194 so I thought $75 per month more sounded good.
    Am I totally off base??
    "Not a great trim level to lease"...do you mean the GT doesn't hold the value??
    I really appreciate your input!!!! Thanks again

39 months, 15,000 miles per year

The 36 month, 10,000 miles per year residual is 49%, so confirm with your dealer what term and mileage they are quoting against.

The GT has the second lowest residuals of any Charger trim level (SXT Plus is 1% lower).

If you can get a copy of the lease deal sheet and post it here, we can break down the numbers.

And, no point comparing the lease programs from 3 years ago to the ones today.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4