Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Does the stabilitrak light being on effect steering?

MelodyMelody Member Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in GMC
So my service stabilitrak and traction light came on, in my 07 suburban,about a week ago? My husband plugged in the code reader and nothing came up. Since the lights have come on my steering when parking has become extremely hard. We don't have any idea what to do. And this car is new to us, we just traded in our 01 suburban for the 07.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,320
    Melody said:

So my service stabilitrak and traction light came on, in my 07 suburban,about a week ago? My husband plugged in the code reader and nothing came up. Since the lights have come on my steering when parking has become extremely hard. We don't have any idea what to do. And this car is new to us, we just traded in our 01 suburban for the 07.

It's possible that it's the other way around. It's not the lights coming on that is causing your problem. It's something wrong with your steering that is causing the lights to come on.

It sounds serious. What to do? Take it to a mechanic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator